“loved the valet service”

The Westin Indianapolis
Ranked #24 of 182 Hotels in Indianapolis
indiana
“loved the valet service”
Reviewed September 19, 2008

I went to the Westin even after reading all the bad reviews about the valet parking I decided to use it. I found the individuals very helpful and polite. I attended a meeting in the ballroom and was shocked to find my car had already been brought up and was waiting for me in the front of the line when I went to leave. I would highly recommend the valet parking. It was fast, thrifty and not at all the picture that was painted in the review I read.
The valet did tell me that there was an entire new staff that had taken over two weeks ago.

Stayed September 2008

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Chicago, IL
Reviewed September 9, 2008

I recently stayed at the Westin while I was in town on business. I am surprised at the negative comments on this site, since my stay was very pleasant. The service was wonderful (very friendly), especially since it was an extremely busy weekend for them. (The first regular season Colts game of the year & the Chicago Bears were staying at the hotel.) And I don't know how you could beat the location -- near the stadium, Circle Centre Mall, Convention Center & the beautiful capitol building. Sure, I've stayed at more luxurious hotels, but I have absolutely no complaints.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
Indiana
Reviewed July 14, 2008

I booked my trip at the Westin through Priceline and paid $60/night. If I'd had paid full price I would have been very angry. The property seems to be very run down. Definitley not to Westin standards. My husband and I stayed at the property about 7 years ago and it was great, but nothing has been updated. The hallway's are in need of updating and repair. The toiletries offered in the bathroom are sparse (a bar of soap and a lotion). You would expect more from a 4 Star Westin. The bed sheets had holes, the lamp shades were cracked and on wrong. And BEWARE, the bathrooms are BEYOND tiny. Another thing to keep in mind is that the hotel charges you $50/per day of your stay for incidentals (which was never mentioned to us). Most hotels generally just put an initial hold on your card at check-in. This may be an issue for some people. We did get room service one morning and it was delicious and really fast. Overall, we were mildly satisfied with our stay. The Marriott just next door is beyond nice and newly remodeled. If you are going to pay full price I would HIGHLY recommend a newly remodeled room at the Marriott. Much nicer.

• Liked — The location...It was close to everything downtown.
  • Disliked — Run down property and overpriced.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
Georgia
Reviewed June 19, 2008

Beautiful hotel, but I expected more for a Westin. They didn't do housekeeping two days of my week-long stay and I had to call late at night to have towels brought up. I was disappointed, but the beds were great, and the proximity to the convention center was worth the poor housekeeping issues.

• Stayed June 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed June 16, 2008

Got a good deal on Priceline. I priceline Downtown Indy all the time. First time at the Westin for $65/night. Great hotel. Very clean, modern, comforting. Room was great. Great bed! Starbucks on site. Great location downtown w/in walking distance of many restaurants & things to do.

Stayed May 2008
Indianapolis
Reviewed June 14, 2008

Stayed at the Indy Westin for one night celebrating our anniversary. Michael at the front desk was very professional, upgrading us to a suite upon learning of the reason for our stay. Chris brought our luggage up and filled our ice bucket and informed us of the details of the hotel.
Our suite had a great view of downtown and the Capitol Building.
Had a great meal at Mcormick and Schmicks a few blocks away and strolled the canal.
The hotel needs to be freshened up, particularly the hallways but overall we had a lovely stay.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — A bit dated.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
USA
Reviewed June 8, 2008

Don't get me wrong this hotel is in a great location in the city and has the Heavenly Bed which is usually a very pleasant experience.

I have a very specific issue with this hotel and others following this trend - I was disappointed by the hotels approach to in-room expenses. My room had not one, but two, minibars. It also had the required bottle of water, available to you at charge, on top of the minibar. This bottle however was on top of a sensor and if moved placed the water charge on your hotel bill. When staying at a higher quality level of hotel I expect to not be faced with cheap attempts to get my money. If I drink a bottle of water, fine charge me for that act. Do not make me come down to the front desk and explain that I accidently bumped the bottle and put it back on its sensor and I shouldn't be charged. It is an annoyance and an action I would expect from a far lower class of establishment.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled on business