“Above & Beyond”

Ranked #24 of 180 Hotels in Indianapolis
Lansing, Michigan
“Above & Beyond”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

It was March 2014. Our company held our National Sales Meeting (200+ people) in Indy and I was also a new Mom. The only way to make the trip happen was to bring my Mom and baby. The staff, especialy Nick, was extremely helpful in helping me make the experience a positive one. They made sure we had a room that was spacious and bright so my Mom didnt feel like she was stuck in a box for three days. There were extra hands to help us load and unload the "daycare" and they extended our checkout time to match my work's itinerary for the last day of the conference.

Given the situation, I expected some support from the place we were staying but the Westin went above and beyond. They didnt make me feel like they were doing me a favor. It felt more like I was family and they wanted all of us to have a great stay. It was such a relief.

As a side note, this worked out great for a conference venue. The meeting rooms had great accoustics and were spacious. The temps were just right - not too cold or too hot. The food was great. There were lots of options and healthy ones too.

The negatives: There was a little hiccup with Internet access in my room on the third day - something about the account reaching too many connections. they resolved this quickly though. I called the front desk and they had me set up on an alternative account within minutes.

Food variety - While good, I was a litle tired of the same cookies and snacks by the end of the conference.

Room Tip: Being near the elevator made is simple to run upstairs between work sessions and surpisingly there w...
1 Thank Lisa N
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Thanks for the great review and your kind comments about Nick and the team. We all know how difficult it can be to travel these days, especially with a little one. I'm glad that we were able to accommodate you and make the experience more enjoyable.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Bradford, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I stayed at the Westin during my first trip to Indianapolis for the John Gardner Gateway Courses Conference. The staff were extremely friendly. The price for the room was very reasonable, and the rooms were especially nice, bright, and clean. The food was very good. I enjoyed the shower heads, the television reception, and the beds were comfortable. The meeting spaces were perfect.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
It was great having you with us and we truly appreciate that you chose to stay with us for your conference. we look forward to working with you and your group again soon.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Indianapolis is a great place to attend an event and the Westin is a great place to stay. Everything was so convenient and with the attached walk ways you really never had to brave the elements oustide unless you wanted to. The room was clean, comfortable and far enough removed from the hub bub of the conference that I enjoyed a good night's sleep.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thanks for your great comments about the city and the hotel. We truly appreciate that your confernce was here in town and that you were about to enjoy yourself while you were here. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Reviewed March 30, 2014

This was a nice property for a convention. The rooms are well appointed and clean. The concierge lounge is in the lobby, but was good. The only complaint was that the pool area was kinda weak. Pool was old and dated, as was the hot tub. Hot tub water was luke warm. There is no spa, no sauna, no steam room. There is a nicely equipped work out room. The hotel has an excellent location downtown, with the skybridge making access to most points downtown by indoor walkway.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with family the executive suite has living room with pull out sofa that works w...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your great feedback, we truly appreciate it. We appreciate the great comments about the workout. If your travels bring you back to Indy again soon, please let me know and we will help direct you to a day spa for all the other comforts you are looking for.
Platteville, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Stayed here for a conference. The hotel room was clean and comfortable. I like the "make a green choice" program where a guest can forego cleaning and get a card for $5 for food purchases on property or turn in at the end of the visit for 500 Starwood points. Service has been very prompt and kind. The meeting spaces are very comfortable and well appointed.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thakn you for your kind words about the hotel and our great team. We truly appreciate that you chose to stay withus. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Ann Arbor
Reviewed March 29, 2014

I enjoyed a 5 night business trip at this Westin. Everything went very well including the group dinner at Shula's, my guest room, the conference rooms, and the catering. Check in at 5 pm on a Sunday was hectic since the hotel had been fully booked that week-end, but my room was ready pretty quickly- a nice suite that included key access to the Executive Lounge. As others have noted, the work-out room was well equipped and well maintained (although the pool was under repair).
My room was spacious, very clean, and VERY quiet. There was some confusion about the opt-in/opt-out "green room" policy, but this was cleared up after my room was cleaned once even though I opted out. Internet was very good, even at the regular level.
Since most of my meals were through the conference, hence catered by the hotel, I was pleased to find the quality very high and the choices better than the typical fare. OK, so the pastries were the usual meh hotel ones, but there was oatmeal with various fruit toppings as well as yogurt smoothies. Other meals were similarly good.
My only complaint was that parking was $35/day! This is Indy, folks, not Chicago or SanFrancisco. Apparently the hotel has to use a city lot, and the only benefit of having the hotel valet service is that you can do in & out without extra charge.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this review, March 30, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give us your outstanding feedback about your recent stay with us. We truly appreciate that you and your group chose to work with us on this important conference. With regards to our parking rates, we are very competative with the rates charged at the other hotels in our competative set, in fact we are below the leading downtown hotels. we do offer rates which include parking, WiFi and breakfast.. If your travel plans ever bring you back to Indy, please let me know and I will see to it that your experience is top of the line. Thanks again.
Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

Been coming here for ten years or so,last year we stayed at the JW Marriott which is much better but none the less I do like the Westin. Rooms are always clean, they tried to do some small updates which are fairly nice! Not a bad experience at all!

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Thanks for taking th e time to give your impression of our great hotel. We certainly apprecite the commentary and feedback.