“Another great SPG hotel.”

The Westin Indianapolis
Ranked #22 of 186 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed December 24, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful place to stay the staff is always ready to assist in any way they can. When the hotel renovations are completed it will be an inviting place to stay. Way to go SPG. The Shula restrautant is a great place to eat and you can meet some very enteresting people from all over.

• Stayed: December 2013
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded December 25, 2013

Thanks for your great comments. The renovaiton is coming along great and we look forward to having it all complete.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,500)

Reviewed December 19, 2013

We stay at The Westin 4 nights each year for the PRI Trade Show. Rooms are very nice, beds are very comfortable and there is a Shula's Steak House on the second floor. You have no reason to leave, other then the trade show. The employees are great to all their guest. We are there during Dec. and if you want to go anywhere downtown without going outside, just use the second floor walkways to go from place to place. It's great. enjoy all

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2013

Thanks for the great comments and the great review. We truly apprecite PRI being back in town and all the great people associated with the show. All the best.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

I stayed at The Westin in Indianapolis, In for the first time on Nov. 30, 2013. I have never stayed in a high class hotel ever before in my life and I would like to say that my stay was above and beyond what my expectations. The staff that we came in contact with were very warm and friendly. My first contact waswith Ann Marie at the front desk, when I checked in. She was so kind and didn't make me feel embarrassed when I asked her the procedures of valet parking, which I had never used ever. She made me feel very comfortable. When she asked for an ID to keep on file I told her I hadn't gotten my name changed on my driver's license because I had just recently been married. Ann Marie asked me if this was a honeymoon getaway and I explained that we were here to celebrate my husbands 50th birthday and that I was surprising him with tickets to the game the next day. I asked her about parking at the hotel during the game and not only did she say I could, she gave us a complimentary day of valet parking. Ann Marie asked me if she could send a little something to our room for my husbands birthday and I told her that would be fine. WELL, she had a bottle of Champayne and chocolate covered strawberries sent to the room. I thought that was the sweetest thing! I was a little worried about what the cost was going to be, so I checked at the front desk and they said it was COMPLIMENTARY from the hotel! I wanted to hug Ann Marie, but she was already gone for the day. We had a wonderful stay, our room was perfect, the bed was very comfortable. The shower was very nice with a large square shower head, like you were taking a shower in the rain, very relaxing. We had a beautiful view of the State house from our room. The swimming pool was nice and the water was nice and warm. I did think the pool area lacked a little bit of decoration, but we enjoyed our swim and hot tub experience nonetheless. The Concierge service was excellent as well. They were very polite and very helpful. Being able to walk from the hotel to Circle Centre Mall and to Lucas Oil Stadium via the skywalks was also a perk since it was a bit chilly outside. We also used the skywalks to walk to a restaurant downtown for breakfast.One of the perks that I didn't know when I booked the room was that this is the hotel where the Indianapolis Colts stay and guess what, they were there the night we were there due to the home game on Dec. 1! I can't afford to stay in a luxury hotel like this very often, but if I ever have the chance to do it again, you can bet it will be at this hotel! Thank you Ann Marie for making our experience at the Westin a memorable visit. The Colts won that weekend too!

Room Tip: We had a room on the 5th floor on the State House side and we were satisfied with the view and the r...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Thank yo so much for sharing your great story and for pointing out how awesome Ann Marie is. It's really exciting to be part of such a big weekend for you and your husband, and the Colts won too!! We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

I expected a soft bed - after all that is why many people go to Westin. But the hotel had lots of extras that were nice - even a PC in the lobby to print out your boarding pass at no additional charge. The hotel is within walking distance to several downtown destinations.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Thank you for your great comments and the feedback about our beds and our lobby Haven. We certainly appreciate it.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for our anniversary, and had a nice getaway. We wanted a king room, which wasn't ready when we checked in, but the hotel held our bags while we went to an event. The bed and the shower were amazing!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Thanks for the great comments and the great review. Glad to hear you had fun on your getaway.

Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

If you like a very soft bed, this place is for you. Bring your own fan or white noise app on your phone though. The doors are thin, and you can hear everything in hallway. Very close to everything downtown Indianapolis has to offer. No refrigerator in the room except for one stocked with overpriced snacks. Great shower.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank dergunnz
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Thanks for your great feedback and comments about our awesome beds. Renovations are underway and will include a new refrigerator in every room. Thanks again.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

I stayed here for one night on a business trip. The room was fine, clean. I had a lovely view of a rooftop, but I didn't expect a great view in Indianapolis anyway.

I was awoken at 4am by the sound of drilling. At first I thought it was someone from housekeeping vacuuming in the hallway. I called down to the front desk and they sent up a security guard. I am not sure why housekeeping wasn't called.

The noise stopped and started again at 4:20. It seemed like someone was trying to plunge a toilet because my toilet started gurgling and a foul odor filled the room. Then the drilling again. I ended up banging on the wall and shortly after the noise stopped and I hear a door slam. I assumed the repairman left the room.

Absolutely outrageous and ridiculous. Repairs should not be done at this obnoxious hour.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank flipflopgirl
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Thanks for the feedback, we will certainly use it to help enhance the experience of our future guests.