“Kegler-Kimbrough” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #25 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
Peru, Indiana
“Kegler-Kimbrough”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

I stayed at The Westin in Indianapolis, In for the first time on Nov. 30, 2013. I have never stayed in a high class hotel ever before in my life and I would like to say that my stay was above and beyond what my expectations. The staff that we came in contact with were very warm and friendly. My first contact waswith Ann Marie at the front desk, when I checked in. She was so kind and didn't make me feel embarrassed when I asked her the procedures of valet parking, which I had never used ever. She made me feel very comfortable. When she asked for an ID to keep on file I told her I hadn't gotten my name changed on my driver's license because I had just recently been married. Ann Marie asked me if this was a honeymoon getaway and I explained that we were here to celebrate my husbands 50th birthday and that I was surprising him with tickets to the game the next day. I asked her about parking at the hotel during the game and not only did she say I could, she gave us a complimentary day of valet parking. Ann Marie asked me if she could send a little something to our room for my husbands birthday and I told her that would be fine. WELL, she had a bottle of Champayne and chocolate covered strawberries sent to the room. I thought that was the sweetest thing! I was a little worried about what the cost was going to be, so I checked at the front desk and they said it was COMPLIMENTARY from the hotel! I wanted to hug Ann Marie, but she was already gone for the day. We had a wonderful stay, our room was perfect, the bed was very comfortable. The shower was very nice with a large square shower head, like you were taking a shower in the rain, very relaxing. We had a beautiful view of the State house from our room. The swimming pool was nice and the water was nice and warm. I did think the pool area lacked a little bit of decoration, but we enjoyed our swim and hot tub experience nonetheless. The Concierge service was excellent as well. They were very polite and very helpful. Being able to walk from the hotel to Circle Centre Mall and to Lucas Oil Stadium via the skywalks was also a perk since it was a bit chilly outside. We also used the skywalks to walk to a restaurant downtown for breakfast.One of the perks that I didn't know when I booked the room was that this is the hotel where the Indianapolis Colts stay and guess what, they were there the night we were there due to the home game on Dec. 1! I can't afford to stay in a luxury hotel like this very often, but if I ever have the chance to do it again, you can bet it will be at this hotel! Thank you Ann Marie for making our experience at the Westin a memorable visit. The Colts won that weekend too!

Room Tip: We had a room on the 5th floor on the State House side and we were satisfied with the view and the r...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Thank yo so much for sharing your great story and for pointing out how awesome Ann Marie is. It's really exciting to be part of such a big weekend for you and your husband, and the Colts won too!! We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (262)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Denver, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

I expected a soft bed - after all that is why many people go to Westin. But the hotel had lots of extras that were nice - even a PC in the lobby to print out your boarding pass at no additional charge. The hotel is within walking distance to several downtown destinations.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Thank you for your great comments and the feedback about our beds and our lobby Haven. We certainly appreciate it.
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for our anniversary, and had a nice getaway. We wanted a king room, which wasn't ready when we checked in, but the hotel held our bags while we went to an event. The bed and the shower were amazing!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Thanks for the great comments and the great review. Glad to hear you had fun on your getaway.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

If you like a very soft bed, this place is for you. Bring your own fan or white noise app on your phone though. The doors are thin, and you can hear everything in hallway. Very close to everything downtown Indianapolis has to offer. No refrigerator in the room except for one stocked with overpriced snacks. Great shower.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank dergunnz
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thanks for your great feedback and comments about our awesome beds. Renovations are underway and will include a new refrigerator in every room. Thanks again.
NJ
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

I stayed here for one night on a business trip. The room was fine, clean. I had a lovely view of a rooftop, but I didn't expect a great view in Indianapolis anyway.

I was awoken at 4am by the sound of drilling. At first I thought it was someone from housekeeping vacuuming in the hallway. I called down to the front desk and they sent up a security guard. I am not sure why housekeeping wasn't called.

The noise stopped and started again at 4:20. It seemed like someone was trying to plunge a toilet because my toilet started gurgling and a foul odor filled the room. Then the drilling again. I ended up banging on the wall and shortly after the noise stopped and I hear a door slam. I assumed the repairman left the room.

Absolutely outrageous and ridiculous. Repairs should not be done at this obnoxious hour.

2 Thank flipflopgirl
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Thanks for the feedback, we will certainly use it to help enhance the experience of our future guests.
Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

This location was excellent in the heart of downtown! The service was wonderful and checkin was relatively quick. There was a convention going on while my boyfriend and I were staying there so it was nearly impossible to get in an elevator. It took forever to get on one, but once they were off to their convention, it was much less crowded. I booked a suite with my SPG points and got a room on the 10th floor. The room was spacious and clean with many ammenities such as a separate living room area, stocked mini fridge (you have to pay for that stuff), and an enormous king bed. The bed was incredibly comfortable! My only negative point about this whole hotel experience was the cost of parking. In order to park in the hotel's parking garage, you had to pay $28 for one night or up to 24 hours. It was crazy! Perhaps this is my inexperience in a large city, but I found that price to be quite expensive. Regardless, it was amazing. Since I am an SPG member, I received 15th floor access to their member's area which included complimentary beverages (sodas, water, coffee, tea, etc.) and light snacks (chips, granola bars, fruit, etc.) as well as complimentary breakfast in the morning from 6-10 am. Check out was easy and effortless. Again, the service was wonderful... when we got back to the hotel from the concert we were attending, we inquired about a pizza place that was open at 11 pm. Not only did they have options, but they had a page already printed out with the locations and phone numbers as well as a menu to one of the places. Great experience overall. I would recommend this hotel to friends.

Room Tip: Tip: Ask to be shown a room that has a view of the capital building. It is absolutely beautiful, but...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ArtfulExistence
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Thanks for your great comments and the fantastic feedback. With regards to parking, we do offer rates which include parking, high speed internet access and breakfast. Our parking rates are very competative with the other hotels in our competative set, especially those in the heart of downtown and connected to the convention center, the stadium etc. Thanks again, and we look forward to welcoming you back.
riskmanager4u
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

Nice business hotel that offers a walkway to the convention center and is downtown. Clean rooms. The bathroom is very small and looked a little dated.
Beds were great and it was very quiet. Keep in mind that you will pay $35 to park overnight in their garage.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your great review, we certainly appreicate the feedback. We do offer rates which include parking, high speed internet access and breakfast. Our parking rates are very competative with the hotels in our competative set, especially those connected to the convention center, the stadium and so on. Thanks again for the great review.