“Not what I expect from a Westin...” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Westin Indianapolis

The Westin Indianapolis
Ranked #24 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
Frisco, Texas
“Not what I expect from a Westin...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on business, just one night. Got in late evening so decided to dine in-room. Picked up the phone and the phone was out - did not work. Called via cell phone to the front desk - had to run the gamut of press 1, press 2 - finally got a live person. Told her about the phone and asked her to place an order for room service - steak salad and edamame. Pretty simple, no? No!
To the lady's credit, she did have tech staff come out and replace the phone pretty quickly but one hour later, no food. Called down and was told it'd be another 15 minutes. Food arrives, edamame are cold, steak tips - requested medium came in medium-rare - they obviously had to place a rush on my order.
I'm not a complainer, and besides was hungry, so had the meal, and It hit the spot. I enjoyed the salad, could have had a bit more steak on it ideally and it could have been cooked just a bit more, but nonetheless, went down well.
Time for bed - ouch, heavenly bed - not this one. Like sleeping on bricks.
Don't normally stay at Westin, my preference has always been for Marriott properties but was looking to make the switch based on a recommendation from a friend who's a top tier frequent guest and someone who swears by SPG and Westin.
Well, this was my third stay at one and unfortunately the worst experience of the three.
Not only will I not be back to this location again, I am going back to Marriott - there I get consistency and comfort and I've never once had occasion or cause to complain.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank TX_Burneys
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Sorry to hear about your recent stay, it;s unfortunate that we were not able to accommodate you the way you whould have expected. I appreciate that you made positive comments about our team members. They all really do care and typically will go out of thier way to make sure our guests have the experience that we promise. I'm really sorry to hear that you didn't like the bed. We don't usually get many complaints about them, they were the bed that revolutionized the industry and everyone followed. Thanks for taking the time to tell us about your experience and hopefully some day we will be able to welcome you back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (263)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

The Westin Indianapolis is a nice hotel in downtown Indianapolis near Victor Field the minor league baseball stadium and Lucas Oil Stadium where the Colts play. The hotel does show its age in the size and design of the rooms. It would be nice if they had outlets on the desk for your laptop and phone. They do have a phone charger and outlet on the dresser behind the TV but it is not very accessible. The rooms are nice with the Heavenly Beds which are great. The restrooms are small for a Westin. The Club lounge is very small for a Westin. They combined two hotel rooms which are only joined by a connecting door. They need to look into taking part of the wall out or moving it to a bigger room. The food was good but the Club food at most Westin’s is very good. The staff is very friendly and helpful. I did have to wait a long time to not only get my car from the valet but I also had to wait to drop my car off as there wasn’t always someone at the front of the hotel. I have stayed here a couple of times and I would stay here again. It is close to everything downtown and good for a business trip. I would also recommend it for a weekend trip to a baseball or football game.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to complete the survey for your recent stay. I truly appreciate your great comments about our people. I will pass along your comments about the food in the club lounge to our Food and Beverage people. We want to make sure we take care of our guests. As we renovate the property later this year you will see a lot of what you mentioned come to life. We are adding several new electrical outlets at both the bedside and the desk. So many people travel these days with a wide variety of devices, we should be able to handle anythng that comes our way. In addition, we are creating 10 new 2 bedroom suites on our top floors. We think they will greatly enhance our ability to upgrade those guests who require more room or even just a different set up. Thanks again for your comments and enjoy the rest of the week.
Avon, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

I had made weekend plans for me and my girlfriend and I wanted to make it the best weekend for her.... me and her had a blast and we had the best romantic weekend....The hotel is great and it had a great view, love this hotel and I sure would be staying here again in the future. The room was clean and it had an amazing staff... Eric made sure that I was being treated the way I should be he is a great employee because he had help me out with a surprise plan that I wanted to give and show my girlfriend, he is the reason why I would come back to this hotel again. This is a great hotel to stay at if you are going to stay at downtown.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thanks for the great review, it's great when a plan comes together. We really appreciate the great comments about the staff. I will pass it along to Eric, he'll be thrilled.
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

The room was clean, staff was friendly and helpful, bed was comfortable, and I got a good group rate. The location is perfect. And Starbucks in the lobby is always a bonus. The negatives: Self park and valet are both quite expensive, and the bathroom is small and awkward. Overall, I was satisfied and would stay here again.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Thanks for the great review!! All your comments are truly appreciated. The various departments and team members all appreciate it when they are mentioned in a positive way. Thanks again.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

I absolutely loved The Westin. They provide work out clothing and have a really nice gym and pool set up. The room was clean and the decor very inviting. Having Shulas attached was wonderful their breakfast and service was incredible. I had a gift certificate for a king plaza suite and Eric made sure I was treated like the top paying guest. He was kind and generous with the accommodations. I would choose this hotel over any of the hotels I've been to in the city.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you for the outstanding comments about the hotel and our staff. We truly appreciate hearing about a great experience. The great review is truly appreciated.
Northport, Alabama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Front desk staff seems easily confused by computers. Valet staff are top notch. And they should be for what you pay to park in such a small metropolis plagued with panhandlers. Rooms are adequate, but overpriced for what you get. Heavenly Bed? If your idea of heaven is sleeping on bricks, sure. No vending on site... We were told to walk to a competing hotel at 2am if we wanted a soda. Which we did. Through Homeless Park, to the Hyatt. Where we'll stay next time. Overall, this hotel disappoints if you're accustomed to other Westin hotels. Save your money. Stay north of downtown and drive down to get your dose of the city.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you first and foremost for taking the time to complete the trip advisor review. Your comments are greatly appreciated and I'm truly sorry to hear about your stay. We take pride in what we do and will use your comments to help us improve. We do have multple options available for vending on property from the mini bar in your room, to 24 hour In Room Dining. My apologies for any miscommuincation that may have caused you to have to go outside. Thanks for making us aware of the issues and we will pass them along to the respective departments for improvement.
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

The Westin Indianapolis wears the Westin flag well and proudly. The Westin is my favorite brand because I know that I will always find exceptional and helpful staff, clean and updated room, refreshing shower, the Heavenly Bed, and Workout by Westin. The features are my personal favorites while on the road and I know the Indianapolis Westin will deliver. The Heavenly Bed allows me to sleep about as well as my own bed at home and, as a traveler with 200+ nights a year in a variety of brands, I always look forward to my stays at the Indy Westin.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for both your time and the great comments about your recent stay. We love to be able to share great comments about our great staff. Your feedback is greatly appreicated and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon. All the best.