The Westin Indianapolis
Omni Severin Hotel(Indianapolis)
$145
Omni Hotels
1,513 results
All reviewsconvention centerheavenly bedshula's steakhouselucas oil stadiumcapitol buildingthe club loungeself parkparking garagedowntown arearoom keycolts gamethe room was nicestarbucksconferencemallvaletskywalk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I attended a two day conference and what got my attention right away was some highly advertised service that states that if you forego the daily cleanin of your room, you get a $5 credit towards a purchase at their gift shop. I immediately opted out of it as I wanted regular service. Bottom line, what housekeeping service meant at that hotel, was a fluffing and straitening of my bed cover and nothing else. No clean sheets. No clean towels. Nothing. What this hotel disguises as a green practice is simply an excuse to not employ a sufficient number of housekeepers.

I asked for an upgrade to a suite, which for fifty dollars, it consisted of a tiny dark room which had a love seat and a TV. Definitely not worth the extra expense!

Food was mediocre. Bed was uncomfortable. Bathroom was clean but rather tired. Lighting was adequate. WiFi was strong. Working surface in room was limited but outside lighting was good.

Room Tip: Save the money. Suites are not really suites.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ptbrk
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize for the confusion in regards to our Make a Green Choice Program. The purpose of the program is not to inconvenience our valued guests but rather to make a collectively large impact on the environment. Please allow me to apologize for the fact that the details of the program were not made clear and hopefully to clarify for any future stays. The Make a Green Choice Program was created with the goal to conserve water, energy and other resources by giving our guests the option to decline housekeeping service in exchange for a $5 voucher to our food and beverage outlets or 500 Starpoints for each day declined, not counting the day of check out. By making this option available we have seen significant savings that average 49.2 gallons of water (enough for 1 person to drink 2 cups per day for one year), 0.19 KWH of energy (enough to run a laptop for 10 hours), 25,000 BTUs in natural gas (enough to heat a 400-sq foot room for 4 hours) and 7oz of chemicals not absorbed into the environment. Please know that our goal is to provide our guests with the experience that they have come to expect from The Westin Brand as a whole and we sincerely apologize for the inconveniences that you encountered. I genuinely hope that we have the opportunity to host you again during any future stays in Indianapolis.

Thank you for your feedback!

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Great experience! Comfortable. Clean. Quiet. Close to everything downtown. Cold breakfast was adequate. Parking was expensive - $28/day. A block away I found parking for $22/day; if you are willing to park and walk 4-6 blocks, you can find lots for $5 - $15/day.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I am elated to hear that your overall experience was a positive one. I appreciate your comments in regards to our location and cleanliness. I also appreciate you taking the time to let us know what areas of your stay that you felt could be improved upon. We are thankful to have had the opportunity to host you and hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Thank You!

Reviewed July 19, 2013

My family and I just spent 9 days at this hotel. The staff was extremely pleasant and helpful, the accommodations clean and comfortable, and the general ambience conducive to the business/vacation setting we were needing.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. It is our goal to make a consistent effort to get to know our valued guests on a personal level and we appreciate having the opportunity to get to know you and your family over such a substantial period of time. Please know that your kind words are greatly appreciated and that we sincerely look forward to welcoming you back during any future trips to Indianapolis.

Thank You!

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Stayed at the Westin for a weekend visit to Indianapolis. Check in was quick and easy, we asked for a high floor and they gave us one with no questions. The room was very clean and the bed was very, very comfortable. They have an indoor pool which is open from 530am- 11pm. It would have been nice it were open a little later. The hotel is in a great location and one of the better prices we found. You can also walk to just about everything.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and for your kind words in regards to our location, check in process, cleanliness and signature Westin Heavenly Beds. I am excited to hear that you had the opportunity to experience some of the great things that the city of Indianapolis has to offer with the ease of accessibility due to our central location. I also appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts concerning the pool hours of operation. Your thoughts will be shared with our team for consideration. We work to constantly enhance the experience of our guests and it is the comments of guests such as yourself that allow us to know what areas can be improved upon.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts!

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Did not have the best experience at the Weston when I came to Indy for a convention. The staff behind the desk at arrival was not very friendly and I almost didn't get a room although I had it reserved for months. I ended up on the club floor which I thought would be fine, but that turned out not to be the case. I know it was not the fault of the hotel that the folks next to me came in late every night and created a whole lot of noise. But it was the hotel staff who woke me up every morning at 5:15 by carrying a tray of water glasses by my door making a whole lot of clanging noise. I couldn't believe that they were not more careful. Although the bedding was fine, I didn't seem to be able to get a good nights sleep due to noise from the hallway. I also declined their green program, but apparently they didn't inform everyone they didn't change by towels or make the bed one of the days. The hotel appeared dated in general and the best thing going for it is the location, which is close to everything including the convention center, downtown, and the park.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Two_from_NC1
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I am genuinely sorry to hear that your experience did not meet your expectation. We work hard to ensure that our property meets the standards that our guests have come to expect from a Westin property and I am sincerely apologetic that your stay did not provide you with a renewing experience. I appreciate you taking the time to provide us with the details of your stay and assure you that all issues raised will be investigating. I sincerely hope that we have the opportunity to host you again during any future stays you have in Indianapolis.

Thank you again for your feedback!