“Great location!!”

The Westin Indianapolis
Ranked #23 of 186 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Stayed here in the summer of 2012 for the DCI finals. I found the hotel to be percetly located in the downtown area and is a 5 minute walk to the Lucas Oil stadium. Many restaurants, drug stores, bars, clubs withn walking distance. Neighborhood did not feel unsafe (compared to other dowtown areas). The hotel was clean and the service was excellent. Bed was AMAZING! Rooms are huge but bathroom was not all that, very standard hotel bathroom looking.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (1,497)

Reviewed March 15, 2013

First the negatives....Because that's why you are reading right?
The layout of this hotel is poor. When you walk in the doors you have no clue where the front desk is. By the way it's to the right which we found after looking around for a while. The internet has the cheapest rates, and even if you call the front desk they will NOT match the rates online, even though the rate is published on their website! You have to use your key card to use the elevators, which I guess is a good security measure, but my key card got de-activated several times by just me putting it in an outside pocket of my purse (not in my wallet). Also, you can't use the stairs to walk to your room, so if you don't like elevators you are out of luck. The stairs can only be used to walk down to the lobby and you can't get on any other floors. Which I understand is a security measure but still. Starbucks is located in the lobby, but we went down on a Saturday evening like around 5pm ish, and it was closed!
Now to the room. We had a double on the 9th floor and the room was clean except for the bathroom. They shower ceiling had black spots all over it. I'm not sure if it was mold or what, but I assume it was because there wasn't ventilation in there. The beds were so uncomfortable! I ended up sleeping on the floor which was so much better! The beds were way too soft for my comfort.

Now for the positive..The restaurant Shulas was AMAZING~ The hotel is close to the circle center mall which you can walk to through the walk way, which is nice. It is also attached to the convention center which is nice. All of the staff we talked to were very nice and friendly.

Room Tip: Book on the internet! The front desk will NOT match rates published on their own website! I was to...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Rebecca L
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Everyone complains about the dated hallways boohoo the rooms are fine the beds are insanely comfortable and even though valet parking is expensive you couldn't have nicer people helping you and as soon as we got there we checked in quickly no problems

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Stayed here before. Good location, as are most Indy hotels downtown. Real Starbucks shop in lobby! The room was clean and quiet and comfortable, with coffee maker in the room. Friendly staff, but a few hiccups. On checkin, they didn't have my crossover rewards in my profile; but spg.com clearly identified me as crossover platinum Delta. So, after showing my Delta FF card, i was upgraded to executive floor (the concierge lounge had no real snacks Thursday nite). I was told that internet would be taken off my bill as part of the crossover, however it was still there at checkout. The front desk promptly removed it on checkout. Finally, I had chosen the 'green' stay, but my room was cleaned anyway! Overall, I"d have no problem staying there again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Had a great experience here last weekend. Having booked through a discount online site, I figured we were doomed to get a crappy room but we were given a lovely, large end room with a view straight in to Lucas Oil Stadium at night, which was cool. Efficient, friendly service, and we were granted a late check out with no problem at all. Only downsides were the carpet and wallpaper in the hallways looked a little worse for wear (though inside the room was perfect, love that Heavenly Bed!) and the $28 to park overnight seems hefty for a city in the Midwest, even in the heart of downtown.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We were over for a show at the convention centre and were delighted to find there was a joined walkway to the hotel. Rooms were immaculate and the beds were super comfy. The facilities were also good and the staff were helpful. Having a starbucks in the hotel was very handy too. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Indy for a show.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I have stayed at most of the downtown Indy hotels. It is true...the walls are thin so if you get a noisy neighbor,rest assured the hotel will not ignore it. They were very helpful and handled our issue very professionally. I found this westin to be clean and the staff was friendly and helpful. Easy walk to the convention center. Coffee in the lobby. Priced better than JW for the same type of room. Have made the switch from Marriott to westin in Indy!

Stayed: January 2013