“OK”

Ranked #24 of 182 Hotels in Indianapolis
Chicago, Illinois
“OK”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We stayed one night with our two kids and small dog. The room was clean but very small and tired looking. It was comfortable enough for one night but not a place I would recommend for an longer stay with a family it's just really small. Service was really good though Check in was easy and pleasant even though we didn't get there until about 7pm. The only thing missing with service was our dog's bed and amenities like he got at the Napa Valley location several years ago but I think it was only because we were so late checking in and honestly it's not that big of a deal.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and for giving us the opportunity to host you and your family. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and are happy to hear that you are so pleased with the service that you received. Our guests are of great importance to us and we greatly value your opinions. Our signature Heavenly Dog Beds are an amenity that we are more than happy to make available to our valued guests for their pets and are always available upon request. Any request for the complimentary option can be made at the time of the reservation or upon arrival to the hotel no matter what the guest’s time of arrival may be. We are more than happy to accommodate both our guests and their pets whenever possible. We sincerely hope to have the opportunity to host you and your whole family again during any future trips that you make to Indianapolis.

Thank you again for your feedback!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Florida
Reviewed December 31, 2012

I booked this hotel with a --------website and you don't know the hotel name until you booked. I made a good deal because this is a very nice hotel in a good location. The only bad thing about the hotel is the parking is too expensive and the Internet is free just for an hour after that you have to pay. The staff are very nice. And I had a great time there.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with a description of your experience and are happy to hear that it was a positive in nature. Thank you for sharing your opinions with us concerning parking and in room internet. It is the comments of honest guests like yourself that allow us to know what areas can be improved upon for guest satisfaction. We hope that we will have the opportunity to host you again in the future and look forward to your potential return.

NYC
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Traveled here on business over the Christmas holiday. The staff was quite courteous and the location is great if you want to engage in downtown activities. However, if I was simply reviewing the aesthetics and functionality of the room, then I was woefully unimpressed. The bathroom is dimly illuminated, with no direct light in the shower area (makes it difficult to shave etc). There were no easily accessible wall outlets for plugging in computer cords, mobile phone chargers etc. I had to crawl under the desk to reach the nearest outlet and nothing by the bed. Given the plethora of other hotel options in the area, I would not recommend this Westin to a business traveler looking for in-room conveniences.

1 Thank NYCEater23
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your kind words in regards to our staff and location and also appreciate you taking the time to let us know what areas of your stay that you found to be inconvenient and can be improved upon. Please know that we sincerely hope to have the opportunity to host you again during any future stays that you may have in Indianapolis.

Thank you again for your feedback!
Massachusetts
Reviewed December 20, 2012

We were first put into a room that was pretty small with no clothing storage other than a small closet, so since we were going to be there for an extended visit we requested an upgrade. We were moved to a suite with a terrific view of the statehouse, which when lit up at night is stunning. The front desk staff was wonderful and the downtown location was quite convenient. The meal at a very large banquet for our group was less than ok, however breakfast in the lounge was very good.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and for your kind words in regards to our staff, location and Club Lounge Breakfast options. I do apologize that you were less than pleased with your dining experience at your banquet function, but am very pleased to hear that the other aspects of your stay were above satisfactory and that you enjoyed the wonderful view from your upgraded room. We sincerely hope to have the opportunity to host you again during any future stays you may have in Indianapolis.

Thank you again!
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed December 19, 2012

First off, this is my third stay at this particular Westin, and my second as a convention attendee.

For the past two years, the Indiana Governor's Council for People with Disabilities has held their annual conference here. This year, we were traveling as a group of 18 for a disabilities awareness and service organization that I am part of. We had booked nine rooms, and some of the rooms weren't available right away, as our floor was also the Southwest Airlines crew floor shared with pilots and flight attendants. Most were available right away, and the ones that weren't were available quickly.

The room itself was comfortable and to Westin standards (I have stayed in several Westins over the years). One thing I like about Westin compared to other "business-class" hotels is their Heavenly Bed, which I think is the most comfortable out of the competition, and the Indianapolis location was no exception. New this year was a new version of the "heavenly shower" made by Kohler with a rain shower and handheld shower; I liked this new version better than the old dual-head setup. Wi-Fi was pay-per-use, but I used my smartphone exclusively, and AT&T's 4G LTE works very well in Indianapolis.

The workout facility, which was used by me and several others in the group, was very well-equipped. The hotel was also connected via indoor skywalk to the Indiana Convention Center and Circle Centre Mall (which has a good food court if you want cheap eats).

Of course, this review would not be complete without the service during the conference itself, as I stayed during a conference. Conference areas were clean and well-kept, water and pens were readily available at a special station in each conference room, and conference food (especially the lunch on day one and breakfast on day two) was very good (I didn't get a chance to try Shula's). For those that forget to make copies or need to ship something, there's a FedEx Office in the lobby. The staff was always attentive at every turn.

Overall, our visit to The Westin Indianapolis was excellent, and I hope that the Governor's Council continues to utilize this hotel in 2013.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate you using your valuable time to provide us with the detailed aspects of your experience that you were pleased with. It has been such a pleasure to host you and your group in past years and we sincerely hope to have the opportunity to continue to host you during future conventions.

Goshen, Indiana
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Stayed two nights at this Westin. It's close to all the downtown activities and easy walking distance. Room was nice, bed was very comfortable. I really liked the overhead shower. On the down side, the lack of wall outlets and there location was not user friendly. I sleep with a CPAP and there was a wall outlet located behind the mattress making it impossible to reach. Luckily, I travel with a surge protector and was able to use a wall plug about 8 feet away just reaching the limit on my CPAP cord. At the work desk, again there are no easily accessible wall outlets. In fact you have to crawl under the desk to use them. For those with medical conditions the room is not very user friendly.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and for your kind words in regards to our location, rooms and signature Heavenly Bed and Heavenly Shower. I apologize for any inconvenience that you experienced. The satisfaction of our guests is of the most importance to us, and we thank you for taking the time to let us know of areas for potential improvement. We sincerely hope to have the opportunity to host you again during any future stays you may have in Indianapolis.

Lafayette, Indiana
Reviewed December 17, 2012

I was in town for the Big 10 Championship football game 11/30/12. I don't like hotels with the electronic mini frig and if the $5 candy bar moves, you get charged for it. This hotel even had a couple more sensors on the desk for overpriced bottle water. In fact, all the plugs were occupied which lead me to charge my phone from an outlet behind the chair. Hence, I left my charger behind. I called a couple hours after check-out and Security went up to the room and found it. They assured me it would be there for me. My husband, who was still in town, forgot to stop by and pick it up. I called the next day and Security offered to mail it to me IF I gave him my credit card number over the phone (12/2/12 5:30pm). I was not comfortable giving my credit card number over the phone especially for only $2. I would be back in town the following weekend to pick it up. When I arrived a week later, the front desk clerk told me the computers were down and they could not locate the charger without it. The clerk took my address and phone number and promised to mail it to me. When the clerk learned that option was already offered to me by Security if I gave the man my credit card number over the phone, he was shocked and wanted to know the person’s name. [My instincts were right and the Security employee shouldn’t have asked for my credit card number.] The clerk assured me when the computers were running, he would over-night the charger to me. Well, another week has passed and I have not received my charger. I called today, and the front desk clerk (Emily) would not refer my call to the manager and instead forwarded the call to Security (the same people who wanted my credit card number) who did not answer the phone.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo