“Heavenly” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #24 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
Pelham, Alabama, United States
“Heavenly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

Nice hotel. The room was well maintained. Towels, however, were far from heavenly; very scratchy. They need to be replaced. Thw hotel had a cozy bar at Shula's restaurant. Shula's was disappointing (different review).
Lots of good restaurants close by.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and thank you for your positive comments about our location and property. I apologize for any discomfort occurred in regards to the towels and assure you that your comments will be given to the appropriate departments. Thank you for using some of your valuable time to inform us of the positives and negatives of your stay. We hope to have the opportunity to host you again in the future.

Thank You!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (263)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Boston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

I attended a conference in Indianapolis. The conference hotel was the Westin, so I went for it. I tend to love the Westin for it's great amenities (shower, linens, good beds, stylish rooms). The amenities were all there at this property, but the rooms were dark and dated and the hotel charges for *everything*. The hotel staff were phenomenal. All said, for the price, I'd stay there again for sure.

The lobby and business meeting rooms are lovely. The lobby is well decorated, great little desk areas in the lobby with plug ins for laptops and a Starbucks in the lobby (my favorite). The staff were fast at check in and very welcoming and supportive. I never felt like I was bothering anyone, regardless of the question. The room was not as I expected. It looked like parts of the room had been updated while other parts had not. For instance, the two nightstands looked like they were given granite tops, but the base was still an old pine typical hotel nightstand. There was a flat screen TV and the bed was heavenly, as was the bath...but it just had a bit of an old feel to it. I was surprised by this given that my experience with the Westin in general. Also, VERY noisy. You can hear everything in the rooms next door.

My major annoyance was the charges for everything in the hotel. If you pay for internet in the hotel (26 dollars for moderately fast wireless), you can't access it in the conference area of the hotel, unless the conference pays an additional fee. Everything at the business center was a fee (including basic printing). At a place like the Westin, I would expect these amenities to be included. The room service was decent, but cold when it arrived.

I do encourage you to take advantage of the walking path trip cards they provide at the concierge. A nice amenity and a lovely 3 mile walk around the area!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Manchester, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

We loved Indianapolis and this was a great place to stay. We had a couple of days at the Westin and got an upgrade which is always a good thing to hear on arrival. The beds are very comfy, the tv is huge and it's pretty much centrally located for all the usual touristy stuff and restaurants. Would definitely recommend as it was one of the more reasonably priced hotels on Hotels.com.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear that you were pleased with your experience at our hotel as well as with your over experience in the city of Indianapolis. Thank you for your comments concerning our signature Westin Heavenly Bed, in room television and location. We hope to have the opportunity to host you again during any future visits you make to our city.

Center Moriches, New York, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

I have been to this hotel twice now for a work conference. The hotel is nice and clean and the staff was generally helpful and pleasant. In particular I need to mention Tia, the barista at the Starbucks in the Lobby. I am a 'bux addict so the cafe's presence alone was a plus for me. However, Tia really made the trip great. After a much longer than expected flight I groggily ordered a latte before I even checked in. As most baristas do, Tia asked for my name to write on the cup. She was smiling and very personable. The next morning I headed down for my morning fix. I was a little grumpy thinking of all I needed to do/see during the conference, how to keep up remotely with my normal work responsibilities, and also coping with the guilt of being away from my family. I ran into Tia on the way in the lobby. She gave me a big smile and a genuine "Good Morning Jenn!" Most employees put their head down when they are not behind the counter so Tia's attitude was a very pleasant surprise. I'm sure she doesn't realize how that alone set a much different tone for my day than I had initially started out with, and I am thankful for her kindness and smile. So if you find yourself here and see Tia, throw her some tips because she definitely deserves the love!

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We appreciate your positive comments and are excited to hear about your interaction with Tia. Please know that your kind comments will be passed along and we will make sure that Tia and her supervisor are aware of your comments. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to host you twice and please know that we are sincerely looking forward to any future opportunities that we may have to host you again.

Stuttgart, Arkansas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012

The staff is wonderful, the bed is nice and it's very clean. Now the bad, in my opinion, the rooms are nothing special. Dont look at the picture posted on the internet and think thats the hotel. Its jammed between buildings and the address given, you can't get there using that address!!
Hampton Inn has larger, and nicer roons and nicer beds!
$32.00 a night to park the car? $30.00 for a hamburger from room service? Overall, I don't Like staying here and for sure I'll never be back! Harvey Gray
Stuttgart, Ar.

• Stayed September 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Firefighter_101
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I apologize for the aspects of your stay that you did not find conducive to the overall success of your experience. Please know that we greatly appreciate you taking the time to point out both the positive aspects of your stay and the aspects that you feel could be improved upon. It is the feedback from our valued guests that let us know what areas can be enhanced and I assure you that all issues raised will be taken into consideration. We sincerely hope to have the opportunity to host you again during any future stays in Indianapolis.

Oak Park, California, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel a couple of times in recent years. They have upgraded various aspects of it, which is good, but the rooms I have had have been "well used". Chipped enamel in the bathtub, noisy HVAC, no free internet access, heavy bedding, a burned out fluorescent tube in the bathroom, no refill of shampoo over a four-night stay. No, this is not the Westin hotel chain I remember from the past. On the plus side, Schula's steak house is decent, and there is an enclosed bridge to the Convention Center.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

Usually Westin hotels are very nice, but this one did not live up to the others' standards. The hotel itself was very nice and the elevators were very fast. The room was nice with decent space to move around. The bed, like all Westin hotels, was very comfortable. The TV and internet were great, although charging $13.95 for internet is a joke these days, especially when other hotels are offering free internet with much better speeds. The room had a mini bar and a small personal refrigerator. The air conditioner worked well and kept the room cool.
The downfall of this room was the bathroom. The bathroom was extremely small. There was no space on the counter or anywhere else in the bathroom to place any bath supplies. The bathroom was also extremely dark. Maybe one of the fluorescent tubes was burned out, but housekeeping should have seen this and reported it to have it fixed. The shower was nice with the dual shower heads, but it was also very slow to drain.