“Great hotel and location!”

The Westin Indianapolis
Ranked #23 of 188 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed March 3, 2008

We had a trade show in Indianapolis to attend, so I used Priceline to see if we could get a deal and boy we did! We ended up with the Westin - which couldn't have been more perfect as they have a skywalk to the convention center where our event was being held. We were so pleased with getting the Westin for the price we paid as the location was perfect and our stays with Westin in the past have always been terrific. This time was no exception though we were not in the room as much as we typically are.

Check in was 3 pm, but we were allowed to check in 1 1/2 hours early. Very nice man at the front desk. We parked in the garage next to the hotel - very convenient but pricy - $24 for 24 hours. There are garages that are less expensive for overnight, but you will have to walk a few blocks. We paid for the convenience and it was worth it.

Our room was on the 12th floor looking west toward the Marriott. Room 1203 was nicely appointed, two double beds, chair, desk, tv, minibar (don't even touch anything unless you want to be charged for it!), hair dryer, safe, iron and board, lighted vanity mirror. Bathroom was nice, a bit small, and a bit too dark for our taste. But there are two mirrors in the main part of the room, so other than shaving, anything else can be done out there in the daylight. Only other negative was the drain in our tub - very slow. Water was up to my ankles when I finished with my shower, not a deal breaker, but an inconvenience.

The best part of the room - the beds. Oh my goodness, they are exactly what they call them: HEAVENLY! My Alex enjoyed one of the best nights sleep he has ever had away from home! They are firm and soft at the same time, and are just perfect.

The location of the hotel to all that's fun in downtown Indy makes it a perfect place to stay. Two blocks from the City Centre mall, lots of restaurants right down the street, a half block from the Capitol building, across the street from the Indiana Convention Center and the RCA Dome . . . it's all right at your fingertips! We also found the best breakfast place about 6 blocks away - LePeep on the corner of Illinois and New York streets. The best pancakes in all of Indy!

Check out was a breeze since we had no charges to the room. A few steps to the elevator which took us to the parking garage and we were on our way in less than 5 minutes from front desk to leaving the garage. Very convenient.

We would stay there again in a heartbeat, especially if we were going to any event in downtown Indy.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Write a ReviewReviews (1,507)

Reviewed January 21, 2008

Stayed here during Thanksgiving (it's taken me awhile to get to writing a review), on the 11th floor. I had a great suite with 2 double beds. The room was very Westin; there was a mini-bar in the living room, and plenty of dresser space in the bedroom. The bathroom was pretty normal. A couple things I noticed about the room: first, housekeeping had left the connecting doors open between us and the room next to us (which was thankfully vacant). Just an oversight, not a big deal at all. Secondly--and this is becoming more standard as technology improves--the mini-bar automatically charges your room if you lift an item off its place. This would be fine, but they put all the liquor bottles label-side back, so you had to lift them to turn them around. I was staying in the room with my 20-year old brother, who of course had to see every type of liquor they had. The next morning, I had over $140 in mini-bar charges even though we didn't consume anything. The front desk agent was very pleasant and took it off without question (she mentioned that that's pretty much all she does in the morning, because everyone looks at the bottles). It seems to me that this might not be the best process to use, as it only causes the desk more work.

In any case, the room was fine, the service was great--everyone at the front desk was nice and personable. I'd definitely stay here again. The parking was expensive ($24), but I looked around a bit and that was pretty much standard throughout the downtown area.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled solo
1  Thank Andrew K
Reviewed January 5, 2008

We spent just one night at the Westin in Indy; however, it was a great night. The Heavenly beds are just that....heavenly. They are the most comfortable hotel bed I have ever stayed in! The staff was very friendly and accomodating.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank t2andc2
Reviewed January 3, 2008

Nice hotel in good condition, seems to be understaffed. On check-in there was a big bag of smelly garbage by my door, when I came back 4 hrs. later, it was still there. As I was checking out they had ONE guy acting as the bellhop and valet. He said because an event at the RCA center was letting out my car was blocked in (not true--I checked, but couldn't drive my car without keys). As it turned out, there was some professional basketball team also checking out at the same time. Although I was first in line, it seems that they took precedent because: A) He anticipated a larger tips? B) They are more important than me? C) ????

So this ONE guy went up and down the elevator for each player until the their bus was packed with all their bags. Wait for my car: 1 hr. +

If you're not a sports celebrity, get ready to feel like a VUP at the Westin!

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank dknelson
Reviewed December 30, 2007

I spent a day at this hotel for Christmas party.
Arrived at the hotel a little after 9AM, and was gladly accepted to check-in early. A bit of late check out was also accepted. Overall quite pleasant stay.

Check in/out: Even though check in was 9AM, I was able to check-in. Asked late check out at 1PM, and it was also very pleasantly accpeted.
Room: Is a bit outdated. Although the "Heavenly Bed" was really nice and comfy. Found a refreshment center which was locked. Thought it was mini fridge and refreshement center but found out that there is no mini fridge. Asked mini fridge and it was brought up a bit late. Had also trouble with chair, and asked replacement. Air conditioning was a bit old, and sound a bit odd.

Bathroom: Need improvement immediately. Quite old, and noisy. Also, need to wait a while to get real "hot" water.

Overall: Nice stay but the hotel need to make some "renovation" or "improvement" of its facilities.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled solo
1  Thank hohohaha
Reviewed December 10, 2007

Just returned from a 2 night stay for a conference and felt this was a good downtown hotel if you're in town for business. I thought the conference rate was very good; $110 nightly. The room was fine; good work area with comfortable chair and internet access. Clean and well maintained. The bed was definately "heavenly", probably the big selling point for this hotel. I thought the bathroom was very small, but enjoyed the dual shower heads. The staff was efficient and professional. No one was rude but I didn't get a real friendly vibe either. Didn't eat at their signature restaurant, Shula's, way out of my price range. But they are connected to the mall and plenty of more affordable eating options there. You are also within walking distance of some decent quality restaurants that won't break the bank.
Overall I can recommend this hotel if you can get a pretty decent rate.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank oshtemo
Reviewed November 27, 2007

Good location in the city, very central and right near the mall and RCA Dome . We were there to take out daughter to the Indianapolis Children's Museum, which is great. We were there for 4 hours and our daughter, Gabi, loved it. When we left, as soon as our van cleared the parking garage, she fell right asleep!

We got back to the hotel, and stayed in, it was much to cold to do anything. We ate Don Shula's Steak house, food was great but they need a general restaraunt, if you do not want to shell out allot of money for food, but there are allot of restaraunts just 1 or 2 blocks away.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with family