“Great Westin - Difficult to Find!”

The Westin Indianapolis
Ranked #23 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I stayed at this hotel while I was attending a conference at the convention center. I was upgraded to a suite and the hotel is quite nice. The valet staff were friendly and efficient and the front desk staff were pleasant.

Upon entering my room, I noticed it was quite warm and went to check the temperature setting. At that time I could tell the air unit wasn't working. A call down to maintenance had someone in my room in no less than 10 minutes with a replacement thermostat. Once it was replaced the room was cool and comfortable.

For those traveling on business you should know that the hotel and convention center are connected by a walkway so you don't need to go outside (unless trying to get to the convention center before 6am). There is a full service Starbucks in the hotel along with a Shula's Steakhouse. There is also a full Fed-Ex office in the hotel so you can ship and Fed-Ex packages with ease (though there is an additional handling fee charged per item/weight).

One nice touch that I haven't seen at other properties was that the robes hanging in the closet were in Westin plastic garment bags and tied at the bottom. It was nice to know that they paid special attention to cleaning and ensuring guests were comfortable and not left wondering if the robes were used/laundered.

The only frustrating part about this hotel is finding it! I hadn't been to this hotel before and I had rented a car so I was using the GPS and entered 50 South Capitol Ave. There isn't a sign or entrance for the hotel at that address. It's actually west of Capitol Ave. I had to drive around the block a few times before I spotted the Westin sign down the street about a half block away. The driving directions provided by the hotel on the website are correct that you have to drive 1 1/2 blocks PAST Capitol Ave and you will see the entrance on Washington Street. Westin should put a note on the hotel home page under the PLEASE NOTE: section regarding DRIVING DIRECTIONS.

Room Tip: Rooms were typical Westin quality. SEE NOTE ABOUT GPS/DRIVING DIRECTIONS if you want to find the hot...
1  Thank TravelinKenChi

Reviewed August 4, 2012

I recently stayed here for a conference that took place at the Indianapolis Convention Center. What was good about the hotel:

- I arrived about 10:30 am and they were able to get me in a room, which was nice.
- Nice lobby
- Very close to the convention center (walk way from Westin to the convention center which was nice).

What was just OK:
- As a trade show manager, there are always last minute things that need to be shipped to me at the hotel. For some reason this Westin was horrible at getting me my packages. I had tracking numbers, knew they were delivered and had to call several times to get the package brought up. I also think they delivered one in my room without me being in there (A FedEx package just sorta showed up in there).
- Bathrooms are super small
- The desk in the room... you had to crawl on the floor to find an outlet. For some reason, that drives me nuts.
- Not a lot of outlets. One of the outlets in my room did not work great so I was pulling out the night stand to use an outlet there and the bathroom outlet was used to charge my trade show ipads, iphones.

Staff seemed nice - especially the bellman and bell lady there. Hotel was close to the mall, CVS, and lots of restaurants, which was nice. I did not eat at the hotel. Not sure if I would stay here again... think I would check out the JW Marriott just a few blocks down. Two colleagues stayed there and I was jealous.

1  Thank Rockinjla
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Great service, staff very helpful, up to date gym facilities. Enjoyed my stay since so easy to get to the convention center The hotel needs a slight renovation in the in room bathrooms, they were similar to a Sheraton, not Westin standard.

1  Thank Jacqueline P
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Dear General Manager,

I want to compliment Jessica Daughtery, Front desk, for her assistance upon my arrive on
July 2, 2012. Jessica helped me through a very difficult situation that could have limited my stay. Also her friendly smile and tone of voice made working with her a pleasure.
Jessica also sent an engineer to take care of my toilet and had my coffeemaker replaced before I could put the receiver back on the cradle. What a great turn around.
Please thank her again for me, Pamela Chapman, room 422 7/2-13/12.

I also want to compliment Security Mary for her assistance with finding and returning my cosmetic bag. It took over a week before I was able to speak with someone about locating it.
I had left messages with hopes of getting a return call; but never did.
Security Mary apologized and worked on solving the issue.
I also want to thank her for assisting on getting the charges reversed for returning it (cosmetic bag) to me.
Many, many thanks, Mary!!!
Please thank Security Mary again and again for me.

Associates such as Jessica and Security Mary make staying at The Westin a pleasure and a hotel I would recommend to my family and friends.

I was at your hotel attending The Episcopal Church Convention.
I was there from 7/2 - 13, 2012.
My name is Pamela Chapman

Room Tip: Ask for Jessica Daughtery. She will assist you with pleasure and efficiency
1  Thank Pamela C
Reviewed July 23, 2012

not too familiar with Westin properties, but thought they were on the higher end of the Starwood properties. The staff was extremely friendly & helpful, but the property definitely could use some upgrades. Beds were VERY nice. Conference facilities were good, but food was marginal at best. Great fitness center & nice to have Starbucks in the lobby.

1  Thank KateB990
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your observations, both positive and negative. Also, I would like to thank you for your kind words concerning our staff, signature Westin Heavenly Bed, and our Fitness Facility. All comments made will be reviewed by our team in an effort to continuously enhance the experience of our valued guests. Thank you for your valuable time, we hope to have the opportunity to host you again in the future.

Thanks!

Reviewed July 22, 2012

Our family visited Indy to go to the zoo and museum. There were a few hiccups with our hotel room when we first checked in. They fixed the problems and compensated us very well. Eric Good helped us and we were grateful for his excellent service. All of the hotel staff were friendly and helpful. We enjoyed our stay and had a great family getaway.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Devin D

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize for the initial “hiccups” that you experienced, but I am delighted to hear that your overall experience was a positive one and appreciate your kind words concerning our associates. We are excited to be located in the heart of a wonderful city and even more excited to hear that you were able to enjoy the local attractions as well as your time with us. I sincerely hope that we have the opportunity to host you and your family again during any future stays in Indianapolis.

Thank You!

Reviewed July 16, 2012

This property doesn't have a garage. You park for $27 per night in the municipal lot next door. It takes two elevators to get anywhere. After 90 minutes your parking charge will be $15. Hotel guests do not have in and out capability so your parking can easily amount to $50 per day if you go in and out a lot. If you want to valet park for $32 per night they will let you come and go but the guys will always have to go get your car each time. I could see this in maybe NYC or Boston but people, this is Indianapolis. It is big city inconvenience in a minor league town. PS. if you look for the property on Capitol Street you won't find it. The entrance is on Washington Street.

After putting up with all of this you will find yourself in a highly ordinary property that is due for an update.

Room Tip: The West side rooms overlook the Marriott where you'll wish you had stayed.
2  Thank ThePrince49

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize that your experience did not meet your expectation and appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your thoughts. I know that an initial inconveniences can often times set the tone of a trip and I am sincerely sorry that your experience was a negative one. I hope that you found the rest of your stay to be rejuvenating and that we have the opportunity to host you again in the future.

Thank you for your feedback!