1,568 results
All reviewsconvention centerheavenly bedshula's steakhouselucas oil stadiumcapitol buildingthe club loungeself parkroom keydowntown areaparking garagecolts gamenice staythe room was nicestarbucksconferencemallvalet
Reviewed May 13, 2012

It is expensive and everywhere you turn, you need money. Car park ($27/day), Breakfast cost money, internet ($13/day)..etc. But hotel is beautiful and comfortable. They even give bathrob & gym is amazing. Great location, can walk everywhere. Friendly staff. I loved loved staying there. Bed is so comfortable.

con: was not too happy with clean staff. I felt they did not clean properly

Room Tip: Higher floor is good. I had great view of the Hyatt and water fountain.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking some of your valuable time to provide us with your thoughts concerning your stay at out hotel. Also, thank you for the compliments pertaining to our staff, our work out facility, the signature Westin Heavenly Bed and our location. Please know that the feedback of our valued guests, such as yourself, is of great importance to us. Our guests have spoken and in an effort to show that we value your opinions we have now extended our free basic internet to be available in guest rooms rather than just in the public space. We are grateful for your comments and assure you that we will look into all issues raised.

Thank You!

Reviewed May 7, 2012

An experience I'd never had when we unloaded our own car (which was no problem as the place was chaotic) I pulled two suitcases toward the doors, which flanked a revolving door. As I came to the door, a clueless "doorman" came out and looked around, almost as if looking for something to do. I nodded to him and asked "would you mind getting the door for me?" Had I not asked, I'm sure he wouldn't have made a move, in spite of me dragging two bags. So, he opened the first door, but not the second. I looked at him, began to open the second set of doors with my feet and he did nothing. I then finished opening the second set with my feet and dragged my bags through. Amazing.
Our housekeeping experience was very mixed. Dirty glasses remained on the bathroom counter and our empty toilet paper roll wasn't replaced. This in spite of the fact that I left a large tip and am a Starwood Platinum.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. First and foremost I would like to thank you for your patience during the situation that you described. I apologize that your initial impression upon entry to our hotel was a negative one. I assure you that the description of our bell staff and housekeeping services that you have provided does not meet our standards and will be investigated further. Please know that you, as a Platinum member, are a valued and appreciated guest and we sincerely hope to have the opportunity to demonstrate that to you should we have the honor of hosting you again in the future.

Again, thank you for your honest feedback.

Reviewed May 3, 2012

I recently stayed two nights at the Westin in Indianapolis. I had stayed at the hotel several times before on business, but this trip was unfortunately different.
On returning home, I discovered I had about 30 to 40 little insect bites on my arms, head, body and legs. I did some research online and the bites matched those of bed-bugs.
I called the hotel and the GM was very polite and professional. I was impressed, and emailed him a photo of my bites (to show I wasn't a crazy person). He followed up with two messages, one to say he'd done a visual inspection of the room and not found any bugs, and the second to say Orkin had been called in and they didn't find any bugs either ... and that was that.
I appreciate what a difficult situation hotel managers must face when investigating a bed-bug report - however, I know that I am covered in bites, clearly from this hotel, and so I found the report of 'nothing found' to be really disappointing.

1  Thank Jamesjcog
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2012

Dear Guest,

This review came to my attention due to your allegation of bedbug activity. As has been stated in our private e-mail conversation, there have been two inspections done in the room in which you stayed by our third party pest control company, both of which were negative. Please feel free to connect with me to discuss this further.

Dale McCarty,
General Manager Westin Indianapolis

Reviewed May 2, 2012

Have HAD to stay here a few times and was not impressed. The rooms are very outdated, service is poor. Each time some standard items are not in place such as robe, shower cap, lotion, etc. Room service and restaurant are extremely inflexible and could not accommodate a simple request (asked for any vegetarian option and was given song and dance about how it was late and even though an item was listed on the menu, it has not been available for years.....well then remove it from the menu!! Don't make it seem like its my fault for choosing it!) No apologies, no suggestions.......basically too bad for you that you have not eaten all day and flight was delayed and it is 10:30pm!!!!

Reviewed April 28, 2012

I stayed at the Westin Indianapolis for four nights at a business meeting. The meeting room was spacious and quiet. There is no charge for the Internet in the Lobby, but a small charge in the room, which was waived in my case. The charge for a meeting room is very high, $250 a day. Not worth it. The location was great, near everything in downtown Indianapolis, with a bridge directly from the hotel to the Convention Center and shops. My room was spacious although rather plain. The maid service left a bit to be desired. The bathtub had mildew, for example. The hotel is a very lively hotel with a lot of young guests. Perhaps it was because my stay was in late April when a lot of high school proms were going on. There was quite a bit of loud partying in adjacent rooms, which I could hear, alhough it did not disturb me.

1  Thank Jim M
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for using some of your valuable time to provide us with feedback about your experience in our hotel. I am very appreciative of your initial decision to stay with us and of your comments after the fact. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed so many different aspects of your stay and also that you have provided us with a list of areas that you feel can be improved upon. I apologize for any issues that you encountered in your room, and I assure you that any issues you raise will be investigated. I sincerely hope that we will have the privilege of hosting you again in the future.

Thank You!