“Fresh new lobby do the rooms next”

The Westin Indianapolis
Ranked #23 of 186 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed January 16, 2012

Stable Westin with outstanding service, wonderful shower and heavenly beds. Rooms are beginning I to look dated especially the carpet but you cannot go wrong with the location across from the convention center and only a shortwalk to numerous restaurants

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank careyhc
Write a ReviewReviews (1,486)

Reviewed January 3, 2012

I stayed for one night. Upon arrival, I was given the opportunity to enroll in the Starwood Preferred Guest program, which allows me to earn points and airline miles! Then they upgraded my room. The best part of my stay was the fact that there was a treadmill in my room, which I used the next morning. I will defiantly be staying here again!

1  Thank rlr84
Reviewed January 2, 2012

I have stayed in this hotel twice in the last year- first time was decent despite problems with keys repeatedly not working- this time was another matter- We showed up at 5pm and the hotel was pretty full- despite requesting one king we were given two doubles in a room that was tiny- it hink it used to have one queen and that would have been ok- the bathroom was old and needed a major overhaul- the shower heads only partially worked, some of the jets were clogged and the closet was so small it was barely usable- the fitness center is great- no complaints there- except for a fairly pervasive odor- like mildew covered with industrial cleaner that was present on the 3rd floor leading to the gym and the second floor all the way into the upscale restaurant. The staff was helpful- sort of- I wanted a town car for the ride to the airport and there was serious confusion about arranging that- they kept trying to put us in a taxi- overall, next year maybe the Marriot or the Hyatt that are both right next door.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Emily G, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2012

We do regret that we were unable to provide you a renewing expierence at our hotel. We do realize that some of our rooms need to be updated, and will be working on that in the future. We are also sorry that you did not recieve the room "requested". Please know that we do everything we can to meet all requests, but sometimes on sold out dates as this one, we were unable to get you the proper room type. We do look forward to you giving us another try in the future.

Reviewed January 1, 2012

Overall, very pleased with our stay. Great location in the heart of downtown near the Wholesale District. Located within walking distance to several restaurants, Circle Center mall, night life... The hotel was very modern and enjoyed our weekend stay.

Room Tip: Parking in the garage is $26 for 24 hours. If parking on the street, the meters take credit cards bu...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kbass0001
Reviewed December 23, 2011

Stayed here with wife and friends for a Sports Weekend (College Basketball Saturday, Colts-Titans game Sunday). We have stayed at a few different hotels in downtown Indianapolis and all four of us agreed- this was our least favorite.

Positives: 1) The Lobby is very welcoming with a Starbucks, Shula's Steakhouse, and nice decor. 2) The location is great- walking distance from anything you want to go to downtown!

Negatives: 1) There is an additional cost for EVERYTHING...Be careful not to touch the water bottles in the room, mini fridge, etc.- it will show up on your bill. 2) Parking cost is outrageous...I recommend parking off site at the Government building around the block! 3) Hallways and rooms need renovations! Though the lobby looks very nice, the hallways and rooms make you wonder if you are really at a Westin.

I must tell you that this review is coming from someone that is not very picky...This is actually my first review that I am not labeling as "Excellent" (5 Stars). If I paid $70 or less for a room here- I would say it is Average to Above Average...but since I paid a price for a Westin room- it is well below average.

Room Tip: Request rooms up high...Our room was on the fourth floor and our view was a set of air conditioner u...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
Emily G, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2012

Wow, Sorry. We know we are a bit out dated. We hope to address the problems in the near future. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Reviewed December 22, 2011

I stayed one night on my way to Chicago for Christmas. The hotel is beautiful! It looks recently renovated. My room was super clean, the carpets looked brand new, and all of the staff was great. It is really close to shopping and restaurants. I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank ops79
Reviewed December 22, 2011

The Westin was first rate; the room was great, the food was off the chart and the service was un-matched.

1  Thank KIRK P