“Fantastic Service, New Renovations,Location Near Renovated Mall”

Sheraton Indianapolis Hotel at Keystone Crossing
Ranked #24 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Attended Conference 4 miles away at Lily Conference Center, and so HAPPY with my choice of Sheraton Keystone. From minute I arrived long before I could check in, front desk staff took care of me, got me into room ASAP, Club Level Room Staffing excellent and club room breakfast substantive.
Club level room great size-nice design and comfy bed. Hotel renovation in final process and there will be a direct access to Mall. The Mall ( Saks, Nordstrom, Fantastic Movie Theatre) gives great nearby Dining Choices. I found this great visiting for conference.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
SheratonIndy, Manager at Sheraton Indianapolis Hotel at Keystone Crossing, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Dear Valued Guest, We are happy to hear that you had a great experience with our hotel and staff during your stay. We are glad that you were able to take some time to enjoy our club lounge during your visit and also some of the great stores in the mall. We hope to see you again if your travels bring you back to Indianapolis.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

Stayed on 11/30-12/1 for wedding at hotel. We stayed on 12 floor in king room. Very nice sized room and bath. Very comfortable bed, nice sized work desk and couch in room. Only disappointment was no refrig for keeping drinks cold.

12th floor has a lounge area that had drinks in eve. and breakfast in am. Sounded great but was actually very dissappointing. It is a nice space - especially for all of family to gather. Also couple of compter work stations and tvs in room. The drinks and snacks were a huge dissappointment - very understaffed. The guy running the room Friday did his best, but way too much for one guy to do by himself. Saturday morning breakfast was also a disaster - no coffee, running out of food, etc. To credit the hotel - they did improve greatly on Sunday morning. had extra coffee and 2 people working. Things seemed to be stocked better.

If you are planning an event at hotel - they did an ok job. Room setup was nice. Only complaint - and it was a big one - was the reception after service and before dinner. Set up in area outside of ballroom was terrible. Bar service was way too slow - people waiting 30 mins in line to get a drink. Staff was friendly though - and servers were doing best to keep up with people. Once the dinner area opend up, things went much smoother.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ProudDad9

Dear Valued Guest, We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback about your recent experience. Thank you for the nice comments about your hotel room. We will continue to focus on our club lounge to provide the best experience for all of our guests. We hope to see you again in the near future attending another event or on leisure.

Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

I've stayed here twice in last four months and find that while the rooms are comfortable and up to Sheraton standards the rest of the hotel is tired and lacking. The service is simply disinterested and focused on their regular customers. The one bright spot was Heather in the Keystone Bar who was overwhelmed yet bright, friendly and personable. The meeting rooms are nothing special and the food service was also simply average.

• Stayed: December 2012
SheratonIndy, Manager at Sheraton Indianapolis Hotel at Keystone Crossing, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Dear Valued Guest, We appreciate your feedback about your recent stay. You will be happy to hear that we will be finishing our meeting space renovations in January 2013. We will definitley share your kind comments with Heather. We will continue to focus on our service at every opportunity. We look forward to seeing you back again in the near future.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

The staff at this property was excellent in all respects. From the front desk, to the bell man, to the group sales staff, and the sales staff, everyone I spoke with was polite, courteous, and went out of their way to make sure our stay was smooth and pleasant. This is especially important when trying to supervise 41 teens, and the staff tended to every request I made which made my job so much easier, and our group's experience great!! A particular shout out to Pauette who was also very helpful at the front desk!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
SheratonIndy, Manager at Sheraton Indianapolis Hotel at Keystone Crossing, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

We truly appreciate the great feedback from your recent stay. We will definitely share your comments with our staff and especially Paulette. We hope to see you and your group back again in the near future.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

Worst thing was trying to get a drink. Got back just after 11 p.m., on a Saturday night, the bar seats were full but when we sat down it was obvious that no one was tending bar. They had closed down but not posted any notice. Me and another guest went to ask the front desk guy how to get a drink - he said to go out to somewhere near the mall. Which wasn't what either of us wanted to do. I asked him about room service, so he checked and said I could get that until midnight. Up in the room I called, and they tried three times to tell me I could not get it, but I kept insisting that the front desk told me I could, and also their in-room hotel guide said it was available until midnight (it also said the bar was open until midnight). They finally agreed to bring me a beer, no other choices. I felt like I had dropped into a convention of teetotalers.

Aside from that, wifi charge was a ridiculous $18.95, the shower head was not pleasant, they had one small bottle of complimentary water next to a larger one which was $3.50 to open. The bed was on the hard side, but was OK, I slept fine. No complimentary newspaper in the morning. Nor coffee either, except the gracious hostess didn't charge me for two cups of Starbucks, even though I had not complained. That was a bit of a saving grace.

Location not desirable at all. I guess it was next to the mall but I could not really see where anything was from the hotel. I paid a good rate via Hotwire but I won't stay here again, I would definitely stay downtown instead.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest, We appreciate you providing us with feedback about your recent stay. We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced during your stay. Please know that is not our standard and strive at every opportunity to exceed our customers expectations. It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future if your travels bring you back to Indianapolis.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

The hotel itself was fine- decent room and a great gym. What makes this place awesome is the FANTASTIC evening host Tamera in the 12th floor concierge lounge. I stayed here for 2 weeks for work and she made me and my co- workers feel like part of her family. She is kind, attentive, and truly the best person I have ever encountered in a hotel. It is worth the extra $ to stay on the 12th floor and have access to the complimentary food and beverages. Tamera really IS that great!

• Stayed: November 2012

Dear Valued Guest, We truly appreciate your very kind comments about Tamara in the club lounge. We will be sure to share them with her. We hope you have the opportunity to stay with us again in the near future and to reconnect with Tamara!

Reviewed November 15, 2012

Let's put it this way, I am not one for reviews. So when I give one it is an honest look at a person and who they are. During my stressful two week stay in Indy, there was one person who made a difference. Tamera Page, who works up in the club lounge (which my team and I coined "Tamera's"), was seriously beyond words. She was absolutely delightful, each night she greeted us with a smile, our favorite wine, and cheese. She knew exactly how to make our stay one that we would remember. If you get the pleasure visit Tamera's on the club level and be prepared to forget your horrible day, with her wisdom, infectious laughter, and absolute kindness to get your through.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
SheratonIndy, Manager at Sheraton Indianapolis Hotel at Keystone Crossing, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

Dear Valued Guest, We truly appreciate your kind comments about Tamera! She is very passionate about her job and we are glad that she was able to connect with you during your stay. We hope to see you back again in the near future.