“Good value in heart of downtown”

Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel
Ranked #46 of 188 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed January 19, 2011

Good service from staff, front desk check in was efficient and I got a room with a view of Monument Circle which was nice. Ate at restaurant in hotel and food was very good. The bartender was pretty much only server but he did a great job of accommodating restaurant patrons.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank peacepax
SheratonIndyGM, General Manager at Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2011

I would like to take this opportunity to personally thank you for the kind words you expressed about our hotel and our staff.

On behalf of the Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel, I want to thank you for having enough trust in our hotel that we were able to extend to you the type of service you expect and deserve. Please be assured that we will continue to improve and provide the best service possible to meet and exceed your needs.
Michael George

Reviewed January 11, 2011

Really nice hotel and they took care of us well. I was travelling with my wife and three children. We requested a suite in a quiet area of the hotel. We never heard a peep and everybody slept well. Considering the Colts/Jets game was going on and the hotel was sold out, I was pretty impressed. I was expecting rowdy drunken fans all night, but wherever they put us was nice and quiet. Location is nice too.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
SheratonIndyGM, General Manager at Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2011

On behalf of our staff and associates I want to thank you for the kind words expressed about our hotel. I am glad that we were able to make your stay a good one. Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to let us know about your stay so that we can continue to providing our guests with great customer service.

Reviewed January 11, 2011

I opted to review this hotel again after a recent stay for Christmas. I can only recommend to stay in a regular (updated) room and stay away from the suites. First of all, for some very strange reason, the suites do not have a view of the beautiful Monument Circle. Secondly, the suites have obviously not been updated...it is almost like being in a different hotel. The hallway was extremely hot and when we got to our room and got everything set up to host a couple of friends, we discovered that the tv did not work. We summoned help to discover that we had to change rooms and EVERYTHING had to be moved including the appitizers and bar we had already set up. Our next room was so hot that we asked for the air conditioner to be turned on - it couldn't be so they told us to open the curtains and the room would cool down as it was very cold outside. The suite rooms are outdated and worn (in contrast to the nice regular rooms I stayed in previously). The hotel did compensate with $30 off but a Hampton In would have given the room for free..... I wasted points.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 10, 2011

I stayed at the hotel for the first time. The hotel is definately worth a recommendation. Very friendly and supportive staff, Starbucks in the lobby. The rooms are nice, clean, and the bed is the SPG comfort setting. Definately a place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
SheratonIndyGM, General Manager at Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2011

I wanted to thank you personally for the great comments about our hotel and staff. It is not often that guests take the time out of their busy schedules to compliment us and I want to thank you. I will convey your comments to our staff and associates.

Reviewed December 19, 2010

Staying here for business. This hotel has blocked access generally to many, many websites that it deems are "inappropriate." Despite repeated calls to the front desk, there is no override. While I completely respect the need for parents to restrict internet access to their child travelers, the solution to that is for the hotel to allow parents to opt to block aspect sof the web. Adult travelers who present ID at check-in should not be subject to the hotel's judgment as to what what websites an adult may access. I am not a sick pervert, but when traveling, I ought to be able to make my own internet choices. I'm an adult. Treat me like one. Is this an Indiana Bible Belt policy, or a Starwood policy? If the former, one more reason to dislike the conservative Hoosier State. If the latter, one more reason to stay at the Hilton.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank NYCTravelingMan2010
sheratoncitycentre, General Manager at Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2011

I apologize for the censorship. Unfortunately our computer network uses a central filter, and is unable to do an individualized filter system and that is our company policy. Once again we apologize for your inconvenience.

Reviewed December 14, 2010

We've stayed at this hotel the past few yrs for Indy 5 weekend - great location, right on the circle downtown.
Rates usually are 400-500/night with a 3 night minimum as it's usually booked and sold out 9-10 months in advance for this weekend. Of course, getting a hotel in Indy that weekend you take what you can get and usually we book our reservation for the following yr when we check out.
Rooms are ok...not very big - clean though. TV's are flat screen, but grainy and not the best HD. Also, the higher up you are, the hotter it tends to be - can be very hot in indy end of may - not sure if the AC is the best. I believe one yr we had to move rooms b/c the AC didn't work in ours
Hotel does have a starbucks and room service is really good - have ordered room service multiple times each yr we've stayed here - very quick -and very good. it's approximately 30/day to park your rental car as well (I believe).
Pros: LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION - easy access of 65 as well
Cons: nothing overtly negative...

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 3, 2010

Like the idea of hearing the woman in the next room screaming in ecstasy at 6:30 p.m. on a Thursday night? Stay here and it may happen to you! It did to us...

First, our room was billed to the wrong credit card. It was supposed to go on a corporate card (on which the room was reserved) but two nights and the parking to go alomg with it was charged to a personal card presented for incidentals... this despite calls and faxes and xeroxes presented at check-in. It took from morning to evening with several calls to our credit card company to straighten out the mess.

THEN came the woman in the next room! We wanted to scream! Calls to the room from the front desk to the frisky parties in question went unanswered and the loud sex continued. It took a second visit to the front desk but we got a room change. We packed in a hurry and moved our bags and now almost 8 p.m. went in search of food.

When we returned at 9:45 we discovered the $11.95/night ethernet cable needing Internet connection was NOT working in our new, quieter room.

Now pulling out hair, what little is left!

It took three hours and replacement of cables and modem by a member of the hotel's engineering staff to discover... we were out of luck. None of the fixes worked.

After the guy left I noticed by the phone on the nightstand wires coming out from BEHIND the phone's wall plate that led to what must have been a 30-foot long ethernet cable stuffed underneath one of the two double beds in the room. I untangled it and stretched it across the room and plugged it into the laptop's port and Voila!

The fee got comped for both nights, thank God. If you can, find another hotel that has joined the 21st Century and has FREE Internet via WIFI and not a freakin' cable!

Anything good to say, you ask?

Rada at the front desk. What hotel service should always be.

Views of Monument Circle, especially at night decked out for the holidays... but you might get this from another hotel on the circle, or just get outside and see it up close and personal.

In-room Starbucks.

That's all worth mentioning, in that order. Did I mention what an asset Rada is to Starwood Hotels?

Staying in a downtown, high-rise hotel shouldn't be a crapshoot. I'm sure not everyone will have a nightmare experience like we did (though now would be a good place to mention that we overheard another guest complaining that someone who should nothave a key card to her room was successfully unlocking her door at 12:30 a.m.).

Like to gamble with your hotel? Stay here. Rather play it safe? Don't.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business