“Great hotel with a few small flaws.”

Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel
Ranked #42 of 182 Hotels in Indianapolis
Westwood, NJ
“Great hotel with a few small flaws.”
Reviewed September 22, 2010

This Hotel's location was perfect , right in the center of the city. The room was outstanding, and the view was fantastic. I highly recommend the breakfast buffet, even though it was a little expensive at $12.00.

My only real complaints are that the hotel restaurants and bars close very early. Also, the internet service never worked in the room.

• Stayed September 2010
1 Thank NJTraveler68

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed September 10, 2010

Booked the hotel through Expedia. It was GREAT. Sheets where clean. Room was huge with an AMAZING view. Slept extremely well. Had a really good stay here. Near all the monuments and very close to Circle Centre Mall and some awesome restaurants. Highly recommended. Although i couldnt go to the pool coz it was being fixed but i am nitpicking.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 9, 2010

I stayed at this hotel recently on a business trip and was not all that satisfied with it for the price point. One of my main frustrations was that in my two-day stay, the Internet service went out several times, making it difficult after long days of being out in the field for me to do file reports to my boss. The hotel also lacked a minibar in the room, had room service that closed fairly early (11 pm), and was in an area where almost nothing was open late at night if you needed a snack.

My room was clean, and the staff seemed friendly. Still though, even my expense report from this hotel is going to be an issue: They changed the name on my reservation to my husband's name because he is the primary person associated with our Starwood Rewards account.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank acmarek

Travelers are raving about these Indianapolis hotels

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed August 17, 2010

Myself and 3 of my friends traveled to Indianapolis to see Keith Urban play at the Indiana State Fair. We arrived late on Friday night and when checking in the receptionist was not very friendly; turned out she worked all weekend and was never really friendly throughout the weekend either. We parked in the parking garage connected to the hotel, which had numerous spaces available and was well lit and felt secure. When we got to our room it was not quite what we expected. It was clean, which is always a plus, but it was VERY small. The air conditioner in the room was not working properly all weekend. We turned it down to 60 on Friday night and it was still a little warm in there throughout the night. By Saturday night we had the a/c down to 53 and on high and the room was still not very cool. We called the manager and he did bring us 2 fans to help with the cooling issues.

Here is my biggest gripe about the hotel...parking. When we left the parking garage on Saturday afternoon it was a nightmare. I put in my ticket to leave the garage and the gate would not lift so we had to wait until an attendant came out. The attendant informed us that as a guest of the hotel you need to get the parking ticket validated at the front desk, which we were not informed about when we checked in. Once it was validated we went in and out with ease. On Saturday night when leaving for the concert we were in a line of about 15 cars trying to get out of the parking garage. A friend walked up to the front and informed the people who were trying to get out that they had to go in and get their ticket validated to get out. Just like us they were not informed of this either.

All in all the hotel was okay. I will not stay there again, but the room and hotel itself were clean if that is what you are looking for.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed August 11, 2010

I stayed at the hotel alone on a Saturday night and had a very pleasant experience. I never felt afraid for being alone and I thought the rooms were very nice. I used Starwood points and thought it was a great value! I had a great view of the monument on the circle.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
mokena
Reviewed August 2, 2010

Mr. Etter should be awarded outstanding service award. He valet my car and my family and I went to a local restaurant called Peeps. We had rather a large group. It began to rain and he came down to our restaurant and brought us unbrellas and also had a taxi waiting for those that perferred to ride. What a great help. He was thinking ahead. He also suggested a restaurant to eat at in which we should have taken his advise. Peeps wasn't good in service or food. Thank you Kyle for doing such a great job.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 15, 2010

We stayed 2 nights at the Sheraton, and could not have asked for a better view of the circle in Indy. Overall the hotel was comfortable...dated, yes and lacking food options, but it was clean and we had friendly helpful service.

Pros: Rooftop Pool area is nice, but there was a serious chair shortage, good food at the restaurant, central location, views.

Cons: No minibar! Seriously, a Sheraton should have a minibar in the room. It would have been nice to have a cold water, soda or something when we returned to the room.
Parking is very expensive, hotel needs some updating

Would recommend to a friend.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple