“Horrible!!!!”

Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel
Ranked #41 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I just checked in to the hotel and my room is next to the elevator which is unbearably loud. I cant hear the tv over the elevator - there is no way I will be able to sleep. The front desk did give me ear plugs and apologized, acknowledging the noise is really loud. I pulled back the bed sheets and found dried blood on the comforter. Luckily there is a second bed that appears to be cleaner. Reddish brown water came out of the sink when I turned it on. There is dirt around the bathroom sink. I stayed here over a year ago for one week with no complaints, but after this experience I will never stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Jrluigs
Scott H, General Manager at Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Dear Jrluigs,

We really appreciate you taking the time to write a review to us concerning your most recent experience at our hotel. My sincere apologies for the numerous issues you had. It causes me great concern when I hear of any instance when we have failed a costumer and I take the issues you outlined in your letter very seriously.

We are so sorry to learn that housekeeping failed to provide you with clean linens and a clean room, this is unacceptable and I have spoken with the housekeeping team to reinforce with them the proper levels of cleanliness; it would be very helpful if you would contact me so I can find out what room you stayed in so we can follow up with the person that cleaned your room. We are also apologetic to learn that the water from your sink was brown, the water to our building was shut down for a period on the day of your arrival and that resulted in mineral deposits entering our water supply, the water is once again clear and the issue has been resolved.. We are very regretful to learn that the elevator next to your room was extremely loud, the elevator company has made adjustments to the cabs yesterday so they are no longer making the noise you experienced. If you stay with us in the future if you request a room away from the elevators, the front desk will be happy to accommodate you.

Once again, please accept my sincere apologies about the conditions you experienced at our hotel, we can understand the disappointment you have. We hope that in time you will allow us the opportunity to provide you with an experience more typical of the Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre.

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel

Reviewed September 4, 2013

This was my conference trip stay, location was quite close to the Indy Convention Center.
When I arrived, all queen and king rooms were sold out, and I was placed in a Suite. A very dated suite, by all means. Electrical outlets falling out from the walls. Toilet is continuously flushing water. Fridge is tilted to the point it's hard to open the door. Bathtub drain is barely working..., The second night water started dripping from the ceiling, and hotel relocated me to the different room. During the move, a poster tube was accidentally left in the room. Next morning, I checked with the receptionist and was assured the poster tube will be brought to the new room. Didn't happen. I asked in the evening, again, and was assured that the poster tube would be brought to the lost and found, and I will get it in the evening. Nopes. Next morning, upon the checkout, I spent forty minutes with the receptionists trying to locate the poor thing, to no avail. Ended up having reprint the poster at local FedEx - extra $100 from the pocket plus the time lost. E-mails to the hotel management went unanswered, but Sheraton keeps bugging me to participate in their survey and tell them how great they were doing... I'll pass. Pity, this could be a nice stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Scott H, General Manager at Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Dear TanyaPro,

Thank you for writing a review concerning your most recent stay. We are so sorry to find you had problems with the conditions of your room. We have spoke with our engineering team to make sure these issues are taken care of immediately. You will be happy to hear that we do have a regular refurbishment plan set in place and have plans in the near future to do full renovations of all of our guest rooms.

We are also extremely regretful to learn that your poster tube was never recovered and returned to you. It causes me great concern when I hear of an instance where we fail to meet guest’s standards and fail to provide the guest satisfaction that we strive to create. I have spoken to our front office manager, the banquet staff, and the housekeeping team to put procedures in place to resolve this issue immediately.

Please accept my sincere apologies about the service and conditions you experienced at our hotel. I hope that in time you reconsider your position and choose to stay with us in the future.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

What a great location. All the staff were super especially Dew who went above and beyond to give us the room with the most spectacular views. Brilliant food and very clean. The beds were to die for and the rooms spacious and comfortable. We felt totally safe as a key was needed to get into the gym and out to the pool area.This is where we will stay again on our next visit. Thank to you all . Mrs Minas and family

Room Tip: ask for the monument view on the 20th floor
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank mrsdisney1

Dear Mrsdisneyl,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review regarding your most recent stay here at the Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel. It was a pleasure having you all stay with us.

We are excited to hear that our staff was wonderful, and that they went above and beyond to help you. This is the guest satisfaction that we strive to create and we love to hear when a guest’s expectations are exceeded. Your comments will be shared with the whole team. We are also thrilled to learn that you loved your spacious room and found it comfortable and that you were also very pleased with our food. We are also extremely happy to hear that you felt safe and secure at our hotel, and that you loved your view and our location in the heart of Downtown Indianapolis.

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments, and we look forward to you and your families return in the future.

Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for one night. We booked a king on the club level. The room was nice, but there was only 1 mirror in the room. The bed was soft. the club lounge was nice. It had TVs a PC snacks, evening appetizers and a nice continental breakfast. The location of the hotel was perfect. It's in walking distance of everything, bars, the mall the circle and restaurants.parking was $ 25 per day at the hotel, but if you don't mind walking a couple blocks you can park further away and
pay $10 per day.I would stay here again

• Stayed: August 2013
Scott H, General Manager at Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Dear Shere34,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay here at the Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel.

We are very pleased to learn that you enjoyed our club lounge, guestroom, and all of its amenities. We are also happy to hear that you enjoyed our central location close in proximity to many bars, restaurants, the Circle Centre Mall and many other great things Indianapolis has to offer.

We are sorry to hear you thought our parking was a little overpriced; we do conduct regular parking pricing surveys to other Indianapolis downtown hotels to make sure that we are competitively priced.

Once again, thank you for writing a review. It was a pleasure having you stay with us here at the Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Stayed 2 nights for a wedding. Staff was fine. Waiters and waitresses were very professional, courteous and quick at multiple events.

I think 11.95 a day for wifi is way too much, but I didn't pay it.

The room was fine.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Scott H, General Manager at Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Dear Jossman,

Thank you for writing a review regarding your most recent stay here at the Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We are thrilled to hear you found our staff professional, courteous, and punctual. Guest satisfaction is our number one priority here and we love when a guest recognized our staff’s efforts and takes the time to say thank you.

We are sorry to hear you found our WIFI to be overpriced. We do offer complimentary WIFI in our lobby and public areas, as well as Link@Sheraton.

Once again, thank you for your thoughtful comments. We look forward to the opportunity of serving you again in the future.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

I cashed in some of my SPG points for a free night here, after we came across a last-minute opportunity to head to Indy. This was one of the nicest and most surprising stays I've had.

1. Despite booking a basic King room, I scored a free upgrade to a suite...in addition to the check-in gifts.

2. The staff was very friendly. Kudos to Damien for all of his help!

3. The room was great. Clean, spacious, and comfortable.

4. The pool area was nice and large...and being rooftop, the city view was great!

5. The bar area had a really nice atmosphere and fast, friendly service.

Kudos to you guys, this was a really great trip!

Room Tip: Rooms on the South side show off Monument Circle.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Scott H, General Manager at Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Dear Adam P,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your most recent stay with us. We are happy to hear you had such an enjoyable stay here at the Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel.

We are so happy to hear that our staff was very friendly and helpful. Guest satisfaction is our number one priority here and we love when a guest recognized our staff’s efforts and takes the time to say thank you. We are also thrilled to hear that you enjoy your spacious room and found it clean and comfortable, and that you loved our 9th floor outdoor pool looking over downtown Indianapolis. We are glad to learn that you were very pleased with Alexander’s Bar and Grill, and found the atmosphere and service to be wonderful. We are always pleased to receive praise and acknowledgement of such a positive nature.

Thank you so much again for your wonderful comments, and we look forward to welcoming you back next time to the Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

This was my second time staying at this property in 8 weeks and I must say that it was very bad. I will not stay here again. A few days before my arrival I receive and email offering me to upgrade to the club floor for $20 more per night. I took advantage and it was the worst thing I have ever done. My room was in a worst condition than the one I stayed in while I was there in June. The molding was cracked all over the room and bathroom. There was constant water running an dripping sound in the room that was coming from above. I was not able to sleep at all the two nights I was there because of the water sound. the cracks in the molding and walls definitely reduced the quality of the property in my eye.
When I spoked to the front desk there was nothing they could do as the hotel was sold out on both nights. GREAT..
Upon check out my bill was $100 more than what I anticipated. When asked why? I was told that I was charged for internet which was supposed to be included in the club floor upgrade and parking was $50. This not New York or Chicago, so $50 for parking is very high. The checkout attendant did not even offer to comp anything even though my stay was horrible. i will never stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank yardie8860
Scott H, General Manager at Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Dear Yardie8860,

Thank you for writing a review concerning your most recent stay with us. We appreciate you taking the time to do so.

We are so sorry to hear that you were dissatisfied about the conditions of your room, and the sound of the water running kept you up at night, we would appreciate it if you would please contact me so I can find out what room you stayed in so we could have our maintenance department repair the items you described. We are also regretful to learn that you had unexpected charges at the time of checkout, our parking rates here at our hotel are $25 per day. We do conduct regular parking pricing surveys with other hotels downtown to make sure that we are competitively priced

Please accept my sincere apologies for the conditions you experienced at our hotel. It would be our pleasure to continue to have you as a valued guest of our hotel.