“Nice place, but...” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #58 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Nice place, but...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

The Indianpolis Sheraton City Centre is a nice place but there were a couple of problems with our room. It took literally 10 minutes for the water to warm up to a tolerable temperature, really just barely warm. Also, the thermostat in the room didn't work and the room was far too warm. I was, however, compensated for both of these problems with points, which was acceptable to me.

The room itself was a nice size and very clean. The bedding was high quality, but the towels were below average. The bathroom was just average.

The public areas of the hotel were very nice and parking was reasonable. The location is excellent and the desk staff were pleasant. We got a good rate on our room, so overall I felt my experience was fine.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Scott H, General Manager at Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Dear bauercat,
We certainly appreciate you taking the time to provide us with feedback about your recent stay at our hotel. We were delighted to hear that you found our staff to be pleasant, the room to be very clean, the bed linen to be high quality and the public areas to be very nice.

We apologize that you had issues with consistent hot water and troubles with climate control in your room during your stay. If you would be kind enough to contact me personally so I could inquire what room you were in; it would be a great help to us so we can check out the guest room and find the source of this issue.

Scott Hagen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at the Sheraton for a night and was impressed! The room was very clean. The bed was super comfortable (I didn't want to get out of it). Friendly staff. PERFECT location right downtown Indianapolis. Monument Circle was literally steps away. Bars and restaurants were just steps away as well. I stayed there on a Saturday and walked to Lucas Oil that Sunday. If its freezing like it was when I went, you can use the skywalk. Next time I stay downtown, I will be staying at the Sheraton. I would recommend it to any friend or family member.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank ParrotHeadRN
Scott H, General Manager at Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear ParrotHeadRN,

Thank you for the recent correspondence that you submitted to Tripadvisor regarding the Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel. We appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of your wonderful experience during your recent stay.

We are very pleased to read that you enjoyed the comfort and cleanliness of our rooms, as well as the friendliness of our staff. We’re also glad you took advantage of the convenience of our metropolitan location by visiting local restaurants and the Lucas Oil Stadium.

Once again, thank you for your thoughtful comments. We look forward to welcoming you back next time to the Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel.

Indianapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Abigail is an excellent employee. She treated my group as if we were family. We had a blizzard in the downtown Indy area. She made sure we all were comfortable with our visit. WE will be back here for sure..

Room Tip: Had no breakfast??
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Scott H, General Manager at Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Dear Gino E,

Thank you for filling out a review of the Sheraton Indianapolis City Center Hotel on Trip Advisor. We appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of your delightful experience during your recent stay.

We are very pleased to hear that our staff was able to provide great service to you during the blizzard. Your comments will be shared with Abigail, who we know will be excited to receive such recognition.

Again, thank you for your feedback. We look forward to your return.

Indianapolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Stayed this past weekend and had a nice stay.

*The location is right in the center of downtown so you have access to all the restaurants and night life if that is your thing.

*The views are also very nice if you are lucky enough to face the circle.

*They are going through a remodel right now. I am ok with that and hardly noticed on our stay.

*Would stay again if I am in downtown Indy again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Scott H, General Manager at Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Dear RalphieSpeaks,

Thank you for your recent correspondence regarding the Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel. We appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of your delightful experience during your recent stay.

We are pleased that you noticed the convenience of our local restaurants and central downtown location, and that you would definitely stay with us again in the future.

Once again, thank you for your thoughtful comments. We look forward to the opportunity of serving you in the future. Thank you for choosing the Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

I stayed one night here, but I thought it was excellent. The bed was comfortable, the room was clean, and they were able to give me early check in. Plus, the lady at the front desk was able to find me a room with a view of the monument, so that was a beautiful view, especially around Christmas with all of the decorations. The only negative things I can say are this: the bathrooms are small and the toilet is awkwardly build into the sink counter area. And, the parking garage (which looks like it could collapse at any moment) is $25 per day to park in (mine was paid by a third party thankfully). Other than those 2 things, I thought the hotel was wonderful overall. It is in a great location and I would be happy to stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
Scott H, General Manager at Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Dear Rabidliger,

Thank you filling out a review of the Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel on Tripadvisor. We appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of your wonderful experience during your recent stay.

We are always pleased to receive praise and acknowledgement of such a positive nature. It is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts and takes the time to say thank you. Your comments have been shared with our entire staff, as reinforcement to continue their efforts to make the Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel a leader in excellence.

Broomfield, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Stayed 2 nights in early December for a personal trip. Friendly staff upon checking and throughout the stay.

Stayed on the SPG Preferred Floor with a view of Monument Circle, a big plus. The room was decent, but just an average Sheraton with nothing special. I stay at a lot of Starwood Hotels and nothing stood out about the room except the view. The sleep quality was ok and the bathroom could have been a little cleaner. One towel had an obvious "stain" and it looked fairly fresh.

Overall for the price it was an acceptable hotel with a great location.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Scott H, General Manager at Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dear Brian C.,

We really appreciate you writing about your stay at our hotel on tripadvisor.com. We are very delighted to hear that you were impressed with the wonderful service that our staff provided throughout your stay. That is exciting to hear that you were able to experience the great view of Monument Circle, it truly is a site to see.

We do apologize for the cleanliness of your bathroom. That is not acceptable and it will definitely be addressed to our housekeeping management.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope that in the near future we can may accommodate your stay to what it more typical of our hotel.

New Albany, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I needed to stay one night in Indy recently. I did not want to pay a ton of money for a one night stay, but I also wanted a nice hotel. I found the Downtown Sheraton, and it was great. The value was outstanding. The lobby was very nice and welcoming. The front desk staff was very professional and courteous. The room itself was comfortable and clean. Everything was just fine. Are there better hotels out there? Sure, and I've stayed at all of them. But for the price and value, you cannot beat this location. The location is prime too, just off Monument Circle.

What really made my stay even better was the meal at Alexanders Bar and Grill. My original plan was to go to one of the "famous" steakhouses in the area. I had been to one before, but wanted to give it a second try. Due to the weather that night, I decided to stay at the hotel and eat at the restaurant. I was very pleased with my decision. The shrimp appetizer was perfect (and I know seafood too). I also had the crab cake, and it was absolutely delicious. Being a native of the Gulf Coast, I was very pleased with the seafood. I had the New York strip, and it was one of the best I've had. It was wonderful. My two gin martinis were made perfect, and not bruised (many bartenders do not know how to make a martinis, but this one did!). I had a couple glasses of Louis Martini Cabernet, and was also very pleased with the price, and quality.

Parts of the hotel are under renovation, but not a big problem.

Next time in Indy, my location is already decided: the Downtown Sheraton.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Nick A, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
R D,

Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest. Your recognition of our staff is appreciated as we are sure they are thankful for your patronage. We look forward to your return in the near future.

Management