“Joke of a Hotel”

Ranked #51 of 179 Hotels in Indianapolis
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Joke of a Hotel”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Ninety percent of the staff lack the most basic customer service skills. The hotel ( which is one step above a homeless mission ) is probably understaffed, just a sign of the times. But watching staff interact with guests I was stunned by how shabbily they were treated. Then I got unexplained charges, worse yet on two different credit cards after one "failed". I made the mistake of calling the accounting department in a perfectly calm manner and spoke to a rude and dismissive woman who should not be allowed near a phone. I would not even be bothered by these billing errors if they were just resolved eventually, but this treatment is unneccessary. Of course, she may get a hundred calls a day about things like this. Still, I've been treated better by highway patrol officers after being pulled over!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank crisitunity
Nick A, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Crisitunity,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to fill out a review of our hotel. It is disheartening to read that we had created such a negative memory of our hotel. This is not the Sheraton experience we strive to create and for that we humbly apologize. It would be our pleasure to speak with you about your experience so that we can gain insight as to how we could have created a more warming experience. Your continuing patronage is important to us and we feel that we have failed you on our service delivery. Feel free to contact our Front Office Manager to discuss this matter future as it would be a pleasure to have you back at our hotel.

Warm regards,

Nicholas Amato

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
NJ
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I arrived here mid-evening on a business trip. Glad to get in to my room and unwind. Luckily I didn’t unpack too much when I noticed the shower handle mechanism unassembled and sitting on the sink. Called the front desk and maintenance arrived promptly. After about 10 minutes he said the repair would take longer and called to the front desk to tell them to get me a new room. I gathered my luggage and went to the front desk (only suggestion is, under the circumstances they might have offered to send a bellman up to transfer luggage but not a big deal, I also never requested this). Anyway, front desk was very apologetic, gave me new room keys and stated (I never asked for anything) they were crediting me 1,500 SPG points and gave me a free internet code for my stay. New room was fine. Aside from this “minor” issue (which was handled very nicely by the staff), the hotel is in a very good location, front desk arranged for a limo to the airport at a taxi rate, countless restaurants/bars within walking distance, CVS right next door for snacks/beer/wine,. I did not eat at the restaurant or bar, but it looked nice. Overall a very pleasant stay in a great location. If ever in Indy again I will stay here.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room (2 windows adds nice light)
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Cdepks,

Thank you for filling out a review of our hotel on Tripadvisor.com. It is nice to read that we were able to recovery from our mechanical issues and create the positive memory as you have depicted. We thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and look forward to your return.

Warm regards,

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed October 22, 2012

The lobby and our room looked amazing, the hallways however where very dated with patches on the walls...the end of our hall had two sheets of plywood up on the wall that had been painted to semi-match the colors of the hallway. The view though was absolutely amazing, you could lie in the bed and see the monument. The morning of check out we had to leave quite early to catch a flight, there was no one at the front desk for a good ten minutes, once she showed up she was a little rude to both my party and the party ahead of me. Overall I would recommend this hotel for the convienance of being downtown and the views.

Room Tip: Ask for a room over looking the Circle, the view is well worth any extra money you may have to spend...
Arabus491,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Tripadvisor.com. It is always a pleasure reading our guest experiences and how we were able to create a wonderful memory of our hotel. We sincerely apologize if any interaction with our associates gave off the wrong impression as this is not the experience we strive to create. We look forward to your return and if you would like to speak with someone regarding your stay please feel free to contact the Front Office Manager.

Best regards,

Warsaw, Indiana, United States
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Went down for the circle city classics, the hotel was in a great location to the parades. Room was small but comfortable and clean. Make sure to get club lounge level room :) best thing to spend your money on. Overall nice descent hotel.

Room Tip: Get A Club Level Room
Krystle C,

We want to thank you for filling out a review of our hotel on Tripadvisor.com. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and that we were able to create a wonderful memory for you. Thank you for your review and we look forward to your return as our loyal guest.

Chicago
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Me & some friends stayed at the Sheraton Indianopolis City Centre Hotel the weekend of Oct 5th. At check-in we was greeted by a very rude, unkind & uncaring clerk which, I can't remember, her name, but wish, I did so that, I can call her out so people can be aware, I believe, she is somewhat a bigot the way, she treated us. Other than that it was a very nice hotel, we only stayed one night and probably won't be back.

Room Tip: The only tip, I have is not to stay there!
3 Thank colleenleopard
Scott H, General Manager at Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear colleenleopard,

We certainly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at our hotel with the Trip Advisor community. We were happy to hear that you found our hotel to be very nice. We were shocked to learn that you found one of our associates to be rude; our team takes great pride in providing our guests with outstanding service and rudeness is not acceptable, all of our guests are to be treated with respect and dignity. We hope you will accept my apologies for your justified disappointment in service you received from the individual that checked you in.

If you would be kind enough to give me a call I would love to have to opportunity to discuss this incident in depth with you so we can take steps to identify the individual and ensure that an incident of this nature does not occur again.

Best regards,
Scott Hagen

Travelers are raving about these Indianapolis hotels

Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed October 18, 2012

The hotel room that we were in had a wonderful view of the circle drive and monument. The size of the room was also fantastic. Although we got in late and left early, it was still enjoyable to stay at and the lobby looked amazing.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We recently traveled to Indianapolis for business and chose this hotel for its location and price. The room was generally quite clean except the underside of one of the pillows was heavily stained with foundation makeup. I'm hoping it was a stain not caught in laundering and not laziness of not changing the pillow cases. Regardless, that should never be found on a pillow case. At any rate, the bed was comfortable and the other linens were quite nice. The shower did not drain properly and also appeared to have a faulty switch converting from bath to shower. We could also hear the toilet from above all night. There were plenty of towels and nice products. The hallway could use a remodel as could the windows as you can hear the traffic below and people yelling all night though we were many floors up. I would recommend staying on the Monument Circle side and will request that if staying here in the future. It is an older hotel, so the rooms are not as large as in newer hotels. The staff was super friendly and helpful and that is why the rating is a 4 and not a 3. We were especially impressed with the bell captain. The Starbucks in the lobby is a plus and opens very early. There are Starbucks products provided in the room as well as a coffee maker.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Nick A, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review the Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel on tripadvisor.com. Please accept our sincerest apologies that you received a room with a dirty pillow case and slow drain. Rest assured that we have quickly corrected the issue as this is below our standards.
We are glad you enjoyed the amenities in the room, including the Starbucks coffee. We appreciate the wonderful feedback of our staff members.

We hope to have you back as our loyal guest in the near future.