“Front desk person Jessica”

Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel
Ranked #51 of 179 Hotels in Indianapolis
Avon, Indiana
“Front desk person Jessica”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Just wanted to say how awesome this hotel is to stay at! Jessica she helped explain our bill in great detail and the service here was great!! Would totally recommend you stay at this hotel if you are in the Downtown Indianapolis area.

Room Tip: get the highest floor possible to get the best view! We were were on the 15th, but it was still amaz...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Nick A, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review the Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel. Your positive feedback is very much appreciated and something we will pass along to Jessica. Our staff is looking forward to you staying with us again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Antibes, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur, France
Reviewed August 30, 2012

The afternoon prior to my checking in, SPG interfaced with Andy the manager to assist me in making a points reservation due to the fact that I had left my credit cards at home and they would not be arriving until the next day. He knew I would not have any to check in as a guarantee. I called around 4pm to make sure everything was okay and the girl at the desk said she would reserve a room on the Club level for me.
I arrived at the hotel at midnight, and was half greeted by a girl that looked as if she just stepped out of Rehab. I showed her my ID and asked her to make sure I got a 5AM wake-up call. She said that was a short night, then proceeded to tell me I needed a credit card. I explained to her that I had spoken with Andy. She said she had no record, and after a short argument checked me in. I asked her again for a wake-up call telling her it was important.
My wake-up call never came and I missed my conference call. When i went down stairs she smirked and told me she did not recall me asking her, saying that she was mad at me for yelling, which i do not ever do. I was on the telephone with Starwood when i arrived at the hotel and explained to her they heard me ask 2 times for the wake-up call. She smirked and did not care.
Very bad staff, she also put me in a room across from the elevator. The bed was good, but the room smelled and needs to be remodeled.
Horrible hotel!!!

PS. I am posting a video of this morning on You Tube since I am sure she will state that it was me being rude!!!

Room Tip: Just don't check in or talk to staff between 11pm-7am
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Blaine C

Travelers are raving about these Indianapolis hotels

Irving, Texas
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Was in for the weekend as a GenCon widower, and really enjoyed the hotel. The room was up to Sheraton standards, with a superb bed, nicely appointed bathroom, all of the Starwood ameneties that we expected. The location, just off Monument Circle and about 3 blocks from the Convention Center, was perfect--far enough from the GenSanity to give the non-gamers a break, but easily walkable to the action. We upgraded the room for a circle view. Absolutely beautiful! And the hotel certainly knows it, as each elevator lobby a is decorated, 9' x 9' B&W photo mural that pretty much duplicated the view from our room. My only disappointment (more of a curiosity, really) was that the hotel doesn't take advantage of the magnificent view from the pool area. It's on the 8th or 9th floor, with a sweeping, unobstructed view of the Monument and downtown skyline--yet the very spacious pool deck is a big, totally empty expanse of concrete. With a minimum investment in some intimate seating groupings, some planters with greenery, maybe even a gas firepit or two--the pool deck could be a true showpiece, with the amazing view as its backdrop. But overall, a very enjoyable hotel, pleasant staff, great location, and comfortable rooms.

Room Tip: Pay extra for a Monument View. And if your trip is for a convention or any event downtown, you don...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 26, 2012

For the last several years I've been a loyal Hilton customer but decided it was time to try other hotels and their rewards programs. I opted to start with Starwood. This was my first stay at a non-HIlton hotel in Indianapolis where I visit regularly for business. Usually I stay at the Downtown HGI. The rooms at this Sheraton are a little dated but clean. I loved that they provided Starbucks coffee in the room and my own personal loofah. The bed comfort was a little better than the HGI but the HGI's room was more updated. The hallways needed some updating too. One part of the Sheraton's hallway had plywood on it. I'm not sure why. The workout room at the Sheraton offers much more than the HGI. I also loved the Sherton's in room dining options. My breakfast was delicious and timely. I did not like that anyone can access the elevators to the hotel rooms from the parking garage except from 10pm-6am. As a solo female traveler that makes me uncomfortable.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
valparaiso, indiana
Reviewed August 21, 2012

We stayed here for a Jackson Browne concert the front desk helped us pick a bar close to the murant theater and they helped out with all our side trips with great advice . Rooms were clean and beds were really comfortable. Would return again the Hotel is just off of the Indy circle in the heart of downtown Indy. Great stay thanks to all.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Stayed at this hotel during a heavy traffic weekend, and while for the most part my experience was acceptable there was a huge problem that persisted and even managed to get worse throughout our stay. During our stay the heavy use had damaged a few of the elevators, and while this was understandable it only got worse. On the floor we were staying at the down elevator button did not respond, leaving us only able to hit up and wait for an open elevator and then ride it up until we could begin to descend to the main floor. This was a inconvenience for everyone, ourselves and the people who were on the floors above us actually trying to get to a higher floor since we occupied space on an elevator and wanted to go the opposite direction. We decided to just take the stairwell to save ourselves time and embarassment. When we arrived at the stairwell there was a sign that simply stated to leave the door closed at all times, and assuming that it simply meant not to leave the door open behind us we entered the stairwell. By the time we got to the third floor the stairwell did not have working lights, and as we made our way to the 2nd we realized the doors did not open from the inside. We walked down the dark stairwell to the bottom floor and ran into a door with a fire alarm. We went all the way back up to the 8th floor checking every door only to find outselves locked in. We looked for a phone to call the front desk but the only one we found was knocked off the wall and laying in peices on the floor. We finally descended again and left out the fire alarm door, which did not sound. When we talked to people at the desk we got a simple and dry 'you aren't supposed to use the stairs, if you do you have to walk to the bottom floor and use that door' when we asked why there was nothing telling us this they didn't have a response. Apperently this problem persisted for many others because later in the day they unlocked all the floors so you could use the stairs, and they made it a point to inform everyone of this. After using the stairs without issues for the next 6 hours we suddenly found ourselves locked out of the 8th floor yet again, and had to walk all the way back to the first floor once more. When we asked yet again why we were locked out we were told someone must have locked the doors and that while it was a mistake it wasn't likely anyone would unlock the doors again. This sort of thing can ruin any trip, and the absolute lack of concern on the staff's part really left a sour taste in our mouths. While I've heard they're working to replace the broken elevators I haven't heard anything apologizing for the complete lack of concern with the problem. I will not return if I can help it.

2 Thank Emily B
Scott H, General Manager at Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Dear Emily,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your stay at our hotel with the TripAdvisor community; your feedback will be shared with our team so we can address the issues and prevent them from happening in the future.

We were disappointed to hear that you had issues with our elevator call buttons not properly working on the guestroom floor that you stayed on we understand how frustrating that can be, our elevator service company does conduct regular preventive maintenance on our equipment but the call button must have failed between their scheduled service; when you notified us of this issue we had the elevator repair come out and fix the issue. We apologize for the confusion you experienced with the stairwells being locked when you attempted to use them to go to a lower floor; the stairwells are left open between floors 20 to 9 so guests can move freely between guest floors; for our guests security we do restrict access between floors 1 to 8 because this is the stairway for the parking garage as well as street level access and we do not want non guests of the hotel accessing guestroom floors without going thought the lobby. We also apologize for the response you received from our team member when you brought your issues to our attention, this was a totally unacceptable way for us to handle this incident and we have spoken with the associates who worked that night so they know how to better address any future guest issues.

We hope you will accept our sincere apology, believe that this was an isolated incident and choose to return to the hotel in the future; if you do we feel confident that you will have a much better experience.

Best regards,
Scott Hagen
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Great hotel, all staff very accommodating. Went to the Moto GP, bike show was right outside the hotel. Too many tractors (Harleys) muscling in for a sport bike weekend but that isn't the hotel's fault. The best was Linda working in the clubhouse. She went out of her way to make us feel at home. I forgot what it was like having mom look after me!!!!!!!!
All very good except parking should come with the room, its a bit pricey at $25.00 a night. Just bring your motor bike, it'll make it around the wig wag no problem.

Room Tip: Make sure you get access to the Club Room on the 10th floor.