“Came for location to Lucas Oil Stadium, and would come back again!”

Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel
Ranked #45 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed September 8, 2011

The location is wonderful and we had a nice one night stay. The beds are wonderful...slept so well!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 1, 2011

I have to agree with luvvaca020, who was also a woman travelling alone - the garage and elevator waiting areas are downright creepy and the signage is terrible. I would have done valet but when I pulled up there were about 6 cars jammed into a valet waiting area that was meant for about 3 cars, so I just went around the block and pulled into the garage to park myself. I couldn't find any signs pointing to an elevator so I ended up carrying my suitcase down the creepy staircase, only to end up outside on the sidewalk. The woman at the front desk was very kind and when I had to ask her if there was a more efficient way of getting in and out of the garage she apologized and told me, "That happens all the time."

I had a smiliar experience with a previous reviewer with the elevators being very slow. I was in town on business but it was at the same time as the State Fair, so perhaps there was more activity at that time? I'm not sure, but keep the long wait times in mind and leave about 10 minutes earlier than you need to so you won't be late to any meetings.

Aside from those two issues I found the room itself to be nice and spacious, very clean. The WiFi worked well, the desk was nice and big, and I had a corner room on the 12th floor so there was a lot of natural light. There were two bottles of water provided free of charge, which was a nice touch. I also appreciated that the room had an iron and ironing board in it, I didn't have to request them. The acoustics were sort of odd, in the bedroom portion of the room it was nice and quiet, but in the bathroom I could hear everything! The people above me, the people across the hall - it was pretty weird. The people at the front desk were very kind and helpful.

Reviewed August 27, 2011

Long flight time from the West Coast. Lucy Devi, the night manager, greeted me and is just the best. Great personality, pretty eyes, very efficient and just made me feel relaxed that I was "home". The room was clean, comfortable and luxuriously appointed with a large flat screen and nice work desk. I was on a business trip. The Club lounge complimentary breakfast and evening wine and hors d'oeuvre was excellent. Very nice wait staff. They recommended Nicky Blaines, just down the street from the hotel. Go see Ben, Bartender of the year. He makes a killer Mojito, almost as good as I make. The Hotel is centrally located downtown so I had short trips to the offices I intended to visit. Got a ride back to the airport in a Town Car. Just a really nice and relaxing visit. Be sure to stay at this hotel and say hi to Luci. You'll love her.

Room Tip: Get the club level rooms with a view of Monument Circle.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
SheratonIndyGM, General Manager at Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2011

I would like to take this opportunity to personally thank you for the kind words you expressed about the hotel and my staff.

On behalf of the Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel, I want to thank you for having enough trust in our hotel that we were able to extend to you the type of service you expect and deserve. Please be assured that we will continue to improve and provide the best service possible to meet and exceed your needs. Also, I am looking forward to sharing your review with Luci and the evening team. They work very hard at providing the best customer service possible.
Thanks again.
Michael George

Reviewed August 26, 2011

We stayed at the Sheraton while attending an event at Lucas Oil Stadium. It's not that long a walk back to the hotel from the stadium, but be prepared for a hike. I don't know if the hotel was particularly busy that weekend, but it seemed that every time we wanted to get into an elevator and go up or down, we waited for what seemed like an extended period of time.

I was a bit puzzled by the bathroom. Usually, at a Sheraton, I am expecting a toilet with a tank. This toilet was more like I found at the stadium with lots of exposed pipes.

The water pressure was fine, but it took quite a while to get hot water in the shower. There was hot water quickly in the sink right next to it, however, which just struck me as being strange.

The staff was very friendly, except for the person at the desk at midnight when we got back to the hotel who sold me tuna and crackers from the sundries shop. She seemed either overworked or overwrought. The room was very clean.

I really want to give this hotel 3.5 stars, because it was better than average, but there were just these few things that really bugged me. I probably would have been more annoyed at these items, but we got such a great deal on the room that we did get our money's worth. I would probably stay here again, but I don't know that it would be my first choice.

Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 23, 2011

I couldn't ask for more, Before I got to Indianapolis, Ethel from the Sheraton made sure I had a beautiful room. It was amazing, overlooking Monument Square and the pool and on the 12th floor. I was one happy camper. I could work hard all day at the Conference knowing I had a really fabulous room to come back to. Thank you Ethel and thank you Sheraton Indianapolis for encouraging this kind of customer service.

Reviewed August 4, 2011

Super clean room, comfortable bedding, nice rooftop pool and one of the best places to stay in downtown Indy that's close to everything! Wish a continental breakfast was included but it's also easy to eat there or walk to LePeep's for breakfast! Highly recommend this place!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
SheratonIndyGM, General Manager at Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2011

On behalf of our staff and associates I want to thank you for the kind words expressed about our hotel. I am glad that we were able to make your stay a good one. Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to let us know about your stay so that we can continue to providing our guests with great customer service.

Reviewed August 2, 2011

I had made reservations and prepaid for a Club Suite for four nights at the Sheraton Indianapolis several months in advance. When I arrived at the hotel, they immediately informed me that they did not have a room for me for the first night, and were going to try to get a room for the second night, but if I wanted a room sooner he'd be able to give us a smaller room. The manager rushed us out of there that first day, shuffling us off to another hotel without an explanation why and just handed me a piece of paper and told me to give it to the other hotel. Then the bellhop walked us across the street to the other hotel, and we were given a very small room. After contacting our travel agent, we were given a larger room with a view similar to the Club Suite we had reserved at the Sheraton.

We had made plans to visit the local zoo, but had to cancel them because we had to be out of the first hotel by 2 pm, and the Sheraton never informed us if/when our room would be ready, so we had to wait around the hotel. They never called us, we had to contact them first.

In the morning we carried our luggage back to the Sheraton and were able to check into the Club Suite that we had originally reserved.

The food amenities provided with the Club Suite were average and there was no attendant to keep the kitchen area clean and the food trays were empty alot of the time.

Rooms, however, were kept clean and the valets were extremely polite.

For our trouble, the daily parking fees of $23.00 was waived but only because our travel agent insisted on it; the offer wasn't generated by the Sheraton.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple