“Great location, nice hotel”

Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel
Ranked #42 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed July 15, 2011

I liked the Sheraton City Centre. Having never been to Indianapolis, the location is great. My room was on the back side of the hotel (relative to the entrance) and had a beautiful view of Monument Circle and its fountains. (the front faces office buildings) The rooms were very nice and the hotel was quiet and peaceful for a downtown hotel. Sometimes downtown hotels are bustling with conferences, but this one seemed more low key than normal.

One minor thing to be aware of...the entire downtown area had a significant number of homeless people. Be braced for a little non-agressive pan-handling on many street corners if you get out and walk.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
SheratonIndyGM, General Manager at Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review of the Sheraton Hotel City Centre, Indianapolis. We appreciate your positive comments. We feel very fortunate to be located in such a vibrant city and in close proximity to the many monuments located throughout Indianapolis. Regarding the homeless situation in the downtown area, I agree that it can become uncomfortable but rest assured the local government is continually working on solutions to assist the less fortunate residents of Indianapolis.
Michael George, General Manager

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel

Reviewed July 5, 2011

I've stayed here 5 or 6 times in the last year and three times in the past few weeks. The staff and location are excellent. and ready to help with anything. Really nice people. Location is great - I've walked from here to all the monuments, conseco fieldhouse, park, canals, etc.
The rooms are standard-issue - nothing fancy. Same with the pool, except for the view is great. However, the Sheraton Club is much better than a usual club. It's worth paying a little extra.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

I would like to take this opportunity to personally thank you for the kind words you expressed about our hotel and our staff.

On behalf of the Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel, I want to thank you for having enough trust in our hotel that we were able to extend to you the type of service you expect and deserve. Please be assured that we will continue to improve and provide the best service possible to meet and exceed your needs.
Michael George

Reviewed June 27, 2011

Hotel is well located to walk or inexpensive cab to all the downtown Indy venues. There was no hotel shuttle offered. Typical Sheraton amenities - rooms have been updated but some of the common areas, while well maintained, look a little dated. Self parking $32 - pretty steep for Indy. Smaller bar than what is typically found in a downtown convention oriented Sheraton type property. The same elevator serves the parking garage as the guest rooms, so that's a little creepy, but we didn't feel unsafe in any way.

On our stay we had a bad check-in experience. We checked in after 6pm yet our room was not yet ready. They did all the right things given that snafu - apologized, comp'd us some drinks in the bar while we waited, etc., but that late in the day, that snafu was unacceptable. I'm sure that it was an isolated incident however, and I wouldn't let that keep me from staying there again.

Overall the hotel met expectations for a typical downtown Sheraton property and on the strength of the location and if I was quoted a good rate, I would stay again.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 26, 2011

Gamze was the person who checked me in and she gave me a fabulous room!! 1501--great view of the Monument and the Circle, day and night. I was so happy. All the staff I encountered were very friendly and helpful. I walked to restaurants. I also left my WEN hair care products and Yvette was instrumental and nice about helping me get them back. Once I called about them and, although I got voicemail at Housekeeping, Spenser at the front desk was so helpful and kind as well.

I thought it was odd that I would have had to pay for Internet conectivity in my room, and I couldn't even Mapquest downstairs in the very nice Business area.

Room Tip: The fifteenth floor had a great view.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed June 22, 2011

The people who run the hotel are very nice, and they're service-oriented. However, this hotel was built in the late 60s, therefore it lacks the charm of an older building, and the drama of a newer one. The entrance from the parking garage is particularly gruesome. The state of the elevator lobby there feels like you've maybe been transported to the parking garage of a bus station, not a nice hotel. What a way to make a first impression. (That, and the lock on the door to the elevator lobby that's supposed to work with a swipe of your room key, but is broken and open to anybody. Nice security.)

On the plus side, the location is hard to beat in downtown Indianapolis.

Long hallways with low ceilings, windows that don't open to let in fresh air, not much to look forward to here. Strictly standard-issue (or maybe slightly below.)

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 21, 2011

Me and my wife and two other couples had made reservations for the Sheraton City Center, however our friend had made them for the one at the fashion mall.
The young lady at the front desk helped us to cancel the wrong one and got us 3 rooms there. Great Job!! We took our lugage up to our rooms and headed over to the Wine Festival. We had not been there for more than an hour when we got a call from my sister-in-law that my wifes mother had a massive stroke. We returned to the hotel and the same young lady that had helped us before took excellent care of us. She called the manager and we were not charged for the room.
We arrived home and all her children got to sleep at the foot of her of her chair that nite.
Unfortunately she passed that next day.
I stay in Indianapolis at least once a month and will stay no where else but the Sheraton City Center. What Great People you have at your hotel!! God Bless You All!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 17, 2011

Like the room fine. Good service from staff. Good location. Think it is tacky the way they have the fence area by the street blocked off at the pool. They have done it with "warning" tape. They need to put up an iron fence close in and put up some fake trees. To pay $23 a night to park is excessive. Gives you the feeling of being ripped off.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family