New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel

Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel
Ranked #53 of 179 Hotels in Indianapolis
Mainz, Germany
“Perfect location - perfect service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2011

Arrival:
Very smooth, I took the IndyGo Green line service which takes you delivered in around 30 min direct infront of the entrance for $7. walk from hotel to malls, city center and convention center only one block.
Reservation was set correct, already upgraded to a suite room as Platinum benefit.

Room:
I have got a two room suite, nicely decorated, microwave and kitchenette. I guess it was newly renovated. the luaggage room is a bit tiny if you travel with the spouse, but there are pleanty options to leave your stuff.
The hotel takes part on the green choice program, so I declined housekeeping for one night. We will see if I will get some points for it (many others complained in other properties that no points or credit have been posted so far).

Breakfast:
took the buffet at circles cafe, it was ok. several other a la card options of hot stuff where available on reasonable prices around $10. I have got access for continental bf at the sheraton club lounge, but they finish at 9 am, so I took the restaurant where bf is available until 10:30am.

Sheraton Club:
I have got club acces as Platinum benefit. I have to say for non-elite members an upsell to club is worth the money.
very nice design (singapore style), 2 big plasma tv, free internet access (very good speed), continental bf, hors d'oevre featuring a hot selection, salad and snacks, cheese selection and californian wine tasting containing around 10 selection of red, white and rose wine - free of charge!
I think most *wood properties in the US charge even in club for drinks (this is an typical american thing), but not at sheraton dt indi.

Overall experience:
very nice and smooth, very good service for the money paid.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SheratonIndyGM, General Manager at Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel, responded to this review, May 20, 2011
I would like to take this opportunity to personally thank you for the kind words you expressed about our hotel and our staff.

On behalf of the Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel, I want to thank you for having enough trust in our hotel that we were able to extend to you the type of service you expect and deserve. Please be assured that we will continue to improve and provide the best service possible to meet and exceed your needs.
Michael George

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2011

This hotel is convenient for downtown business, being centrally located. My room is very nice, clean and tastefully furnished. The restaurant in hotel is rated B. I was very disappointed that there is not free Internet access in the room. There are very few hotels these days that do not provide free Internet access. There is free access in the lounge in the lobby.

Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Fishers, Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2011

I booked a block of rooms 2 months before my wedding at the downtown Indianapolis, Sheraton.
When we arrived around 10:30 PM, along with the maid of honor, her date, and two other groups of people who had rooms reserved we were told they had overbooked and we would have to stay somewhere else. "John Doe", who I booked my rooms with promised me we would have no problem with our check in. Imagine my embarrassment when we arrive and none of us have rooms? They managed to find a room for me the bride, but my maid of honor was sent elsewhere along with some other friends. These people had made reservations so I am still confused how you can overbook? Our room was free, but nothing can replace the embarrassment I felt.
To make matters worse the hotel where they sent my friends charged them for their rooms! Sheraton said they would be payng for them? We are still trying to figure this out and my wedding was 2/19/11. I have called "John Doe", but didn't even get an apology. He said we paid for your room and theirs, you should be happy with that?! Are you kidding me? We didn't mind paying for our rooms in the first place, as long as we were all going to be staying in the same place. This has left a horrible taste in my mouth and I hope they can fix their customer service issues.

• Stayed February 2011
7 Thank adriannecoplen
Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2011

I am a starwood platinum member and travel almost 200 nights a year - this Sheraton hotel has an excellent club lounge. Overall, I would stay at this hotel again and again. All the staff were friendly and courteous. When in Indianapolis this is my #1 hotel.

• Stayed March 2011
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2011

Computer system is terrible. It took me 20 minutes to print my boarding pass. Three out of four computer systems were 'stuck' or very slow. There was no one 'available' to help. To make things worse, the business center was in the BAR!!!!! I have never seen such a thing. BAD IDEA!!! Additionally, the internet in the room DID NOT WORK. After 40 minutes of trying to get it to work, I called 'technical support'. He did not help. He suggested to 'replace the cable'. Front desk sent up a 'cable' that was too short. Terribly experience.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2011

Standard room at a Sheraton. But walls are thin and I heard my neighbors on both sides. By 'heard' I mean bathroom activities, snoring, and just about everything else.

This hotel also restricts their internet sites, so if you need access to site they find 'morally' dangerous to their network, they are blocked. There are NO notices or information about which site are block, nor that they even do it. My formal complaint was responded to timely, but I was told to basically 'deal with it'.

I will never stay here again, despite being a loyal Starwood member.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank HardToughPlay
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2011

Good service from staff, front desk check in was efficient and I got a room with a view of Monument Circle which was nice. Ate at restaurant in hotel and food was very good. The bartender was pretty much only server but he did a great job of accommodating restaurant patrons.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank peacepax
SheratonIndyGM, General Manager at Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel, responded to this review, January 24, 2011

Michael George