“Great location”
Review of Omni Severin Hotel

Omni Severin Hotel
Ranked #13 of 186 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Upon checking in, I was told that my reserved room with the king bed was not available. The attendant attempted to put me in a different room with two beds. Explaining that this was not acceptable, the manager came out and upgraded my room. The hotel is in a great location for outdoor running/walking and is just a short distance from the city canal.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (2,545)

Reviewed September 19, 2013

The staff was very friendly, helpful and pleasant. Restaurants and shops are within in walking distance. There are also enclosed walkways so one can avoid bad weather. The food was very good. I highly recommend the 1913 Eggs Benedict for breakfast. In-room service was timely. When I ordered the grilled cheese for lunch in the restaurant, I was also given a complimentary cup of their tomato soup. We had a company meeting at the hotel for which lunch was included. Their veggie chips are awesome. The mini-bar/snacks are very way over-priced. A friend arrived very late and was upgraded to a very nice room! The Omni in Indy is much quieter than the Crown hotel which has a train running through it. However, I did find the air conditioning fan to be quite loud. I had to turn up the TV when the fan came on. The room temperature stabilized pretty quickly. The bed was comfortable. I did sleep well for all three nights that I was there. The water was nice and hot in the bath. However, I did find the scented soaps (too much perfume) to be too much for my allergies.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Had this not been a busy weekend with hotels all booked I would have went somewhere else. for the price paid, the middle of the guest room floor was soaking wet (as if there was a leak). There was laundry everywhere in the hall outside the door. Disappointing for the price.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
Omni_Manager, Manager at Omni Severin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

We apologize for the leak you experienced in your room. This is not a normal occurrence, but that doesn’t excuse the fact that you had to deal with it. We hope you might consider staying in the future if the price is right so we can show you the level of service and room quality we’re capable of delivering.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Spent the weekend here for the Colts game and to go see Chicago in concert. Hotel and staff is awesome. We had the city view room and it was just so nice to sit on balcony and enjoy the view and sounds of the city. My wife and I will be back, and look forward to staying at the same room. It was so nice, each night to come in and have the bed turned down and nice soothing music on the tv. Made the check in fiasco go away quickly, but that is another story. Thankfully the hotel and staff made that fiasco a memory quickly.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Marty W
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I reserved the hotel through a conference web site. Somehow they had me coming a day late than I reserved. It took several iterations to get the correct dates and the discounted rate.

The hotel facilities need updating. The plumbing appears to be from the 1960's and is not up to quality one expects from Omni. The staff is excellent and friendly. The location is very convenient to the convention center. Consider self-parking, which is conveniently located, instead of $29/night valet parking.

Room Tip: My room had a 10 person conference table. Very convenient to hold meetings, but I suspect that was t...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Omni_Manager, Manager at Omni Severin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

While we’re sorry for the issues you experienced booking the room, we have no control over other conference sites or housing bureau websites and their booking engines. We completed a full room renovation in early 2012. Being a historic building, we do have older plumbing configurations, but we have gone through the building and made many improvements. We’re glad that your staff made you feel at home, and we hope that despite the plumbing that you will consider staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

I stayed here during the 246th ACS meeting. The staff was extremely friendly and check in was a breeze. Overall I was extremely impressed with the staff. Location of the hotel is great, there are plenty of restaurants (including a hidden White Castle) within easy walking distance and it's a 5 minute walk to the convention center or the mall. Rooms were a bit expensive but that's to be expected during a convention week. They were clean and well kept and the staff was very attentive. if i have another opportunity to choose the hotel, i would like to stay there again.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the Omni in Indianapolis very much! King room was a little smaller than some we have been in, but since it was only the 2 of us, it was fine. Bed was fantastic! Great location! Excellent service! With membership in their guest rewards program, we got free internet and complimentary morning beverage. We will definitely come back!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family