“Above average price for average stay”
Review of Omni Severin Hotel

Omni Severin Hotel
Ranked #16 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed October 23, 2012

If you're looking for a basic, centrally located hotel that's clean and has a great breakfast buffet, look no further.

If you value privacy in your room ....this may not be the place for you.

Check-in was a smooth and friendly process and the spacious room was adequate. However, following check-in on 2 seperate occasions, the door to my room was opened without knocking by - presumably - housekeeping staff but I'm not entirely sure. I addressed my concern with the front desk and was left feeling uneasy about the whole thing. How could I be sure this wouldn't happen during the remainder of my stay? I was assured by the front desk staff and supervisor that this was not normal practise and their attempt at service recovery was greatly appreciated however, did little to ensure my security.

Aside from that, the only other down is the bathroom which is entirely too small and out of date (think, peeling wallpaper and mineral stains in the toilet & tub).

On the plus side, the breakfast buffet and service was the best I've had / experienced anywhere. The selection was incredible and it featured options for guests with dietary restrictions (think, gluten-free bread, soy milk, cashew nut butter) which I enjoyed and appreciated. It's not often that you see that, especially when most of the surrounding food choices involve deep fried this or greasy, flavourless that.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the ice machine!!!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank jkaden
Omni_Manager, Manager at Omni Severin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

We do apologize that housekeeping entered your room on two separate occasions without making their presence fully known. We certainly didn't want to give you the impression that we take security lightly. We're glad you enjoyed the selection of food and options for dietary restrictions. Many guests have complimented us on it, and we feel it's important that everyone have the option to eat without worrying about allergies. We're sorry that your bathroom had peeling wallpaper. We completed a full renovation of all rooms in January, so please let us know if any part of the room isn't up to our standards and we'll do our best to relocate you to another room.

There are newer reviews for Omni Severin Hotel

Reviewed October 21, 2012

We were going to a Colts game and wanted a place that we would not have to drive to and from on that Sunday. We ended up getting a package that included our room and breakfast the next morning. There is actually a connection point between this hotel and the mall so you can easily go shopping and go visit the city. It is a valet only so your car will be taken care of for your entire stay but it also costs extra. Although a little pricey, the breakfast was amazing. They make the food for you right there and there is also plenty of fresh fruit and treats! The staff was wonderful and the rooms were beautiful. If we are able to get a good deal, we will definitely be returning to this hotel for another game.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ej9718
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Stayed at the hotel this past weekend for a wedding. Arrived at hotel at 3PM (stated in check-in time) only to discover that room was not ready since it hadn't been cleaned yet. Front-desk staff would not give me an estimate as to when room would be ready. Expressed my frustration to desk staff as my family was part of the wedding party and needed to be available for pictures for the wedding that was starting in a couple of hours. Front desk offered a weak apology for the delay and might as well have said "too bad". We were forced to get ready in another room. Room was finally ready around 4PM and we had to leave wedding festivities to get our luggage situated. When I stopped at front desk again to express my frustration about the situation I was again given a weak apology. If a hotel has a check-in time of 3PM then I believe the room should be ready at that time.

It is really unfortunate that this service issue tarnished our stay as this is a beautiful property in a good location and most of the staff went out of their way to be helpful. I have stayed in several other wonderful hotels in downtown Indy (Conrad, Westin) without any issue - for this reason I wouldn't recommend a stay at the Omni.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank eev2006
Omni_Manager, Manager at Omni Severin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

We would like to apologize for not having your room ready at 3 p.m. and also apologize for any lack of sincerity or weak apology from our staff. We were managing a sold out night and with many check-ins and check-outs were unable to have your room clean by 3 p.m. Our director of rooms has tried contacting you by phone and email, but we have not heard back regarding this matter. We regret the error and will note this incident on your guest profile. We hope to hear from you so we can resolve this matter.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Thisi s my 4th stay. I love the beverage being brought to my room every morning and the free items they will press for you. I like that if you are in the lobby working they will bring you a glass of water without being asked.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 9, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at the Omni Severin, Indianapolis. I don't have enough words of praise for this Hotel. Everyone working at this location treated us like royalty and we are just an old retired couple from Pa. ALL employee's with a friendly greeting and always a smile. The ambiance is elegant, beautiful. The rooms are very comfortable and spotless clean.We had a balcony and used it daily. Service is impeccable. We asked for extra coffee for our room and someone was at the door within 3 minutes. (WOW) Location is beyond belief walking distance to Lucas Oil Stadium, the convention center and sky walk to the Circle Center Mall, numerous restaurants, museum and shows. And please visit the 1913 restaurant at the hotel. Buffet breakfast is to die for. Stay at the Omni you won't be disappointed. We are going again in November and booked for the Indy 500 in May.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank PatK1950
Reviewed October 7, 2012

My husband and I stayed here the weekend of Spetember 29th for an overnight get away. Nicely located hotel that is very elegant and well maintained. WHen we arrived the front desk already had our reservation and key awaiting (checked in on-line). Went to our room a king size on 9th floor. Very clean, comfortable beds and well mainatined. Newer hotels in Indy but this hotel has large nice rooms and a lot of character. Great staff and service, brought up a card and drinks when they found out it was my husbands birthday (Guest member) and very pleasant on providing help and service. We have stayed here a few times and this is a very personable hotel and staff. We did not eat at the hotel restaurants. Nicely located as attached to center mall and walking distance to multiple restaurants and wine bar. Will stay here again.

Room Tip: Higher floors looking east or North provide a nice view of Indy from some spots.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Omni_Manager, Manager at Omni Severin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Thanks for choosing to stay with us to celebrate your husband's birthday. We appreciate the time you took to write a review, and we look forward to seeing you next time.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

As with most Omni hotels, this was no disappointment. The location is great with lots of restaurants/bars within walking distance. The staff/service was spectacular. I at in the restaurant, 1913, had a unique menu. The bread they service, with a touch of salt was fantastic. The bartender also made one of the best martinis I have had in a long time. The rooms were nice and the bed very comfortable, but the bathroom was very small. The toilet was like one you find in a public restroom, which did not fit the luxury of an Omni. The sink countertop was very small, particularly for a female. There was little space for toiletries, so I had to keep them stored elsewhere. I like my room cold at night, and really appreciated the thermostat that actually let you lower the temperature to 60. Unfortunately, the room never got near 60, but it did get cooler than most hotels allow. The service was wonderful, and the staff delightful. I would definitely return

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business