“Conveniently located”

Ranked #14 of 179 Hotels in Indianapolis
Lake Forest, Illinois
“Conveniently located”
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Great hotel, the front staff was very helpful. Very conveniently located for the convention center.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
  • Polish first
Windham, Maine
Reviewed July 28, 2011

For three visits, the Omni Severin proved to be a great location with overhead walkway into a Norstrom's mall and within easy walking distance to Lucas Stadium, Conseco Field House, and many fine restaurants.

This downtown area is easily accessible for $7 on the city's "green line" airport shuttle, for about $20 in a Carey Limo, or for somewhat more via local taxie.

1 Thank HomerTM
New Jersey
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I would go back and stay at this hotel in a minute. Friendly, professional and helpful staff all around. Beautiful room makeover with nice TV. Yes, there is construction going on but I was on the 5th floor right above it and did not hear a thing. The location is perfect for everything downtown. It's very close to the stadium (Lucas Oil) if your lucky enough to have Supebowl tickets for 2012. This hotel is top shelf.

Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed July 27, 2011

I went to a conference here and the city was in the middle of a heat wave. The hotel and room was very nice. However, the corridors and elevators were very stuffy due to the heat. This did not sway my positive opinion of the hotel. When you were in the main areas and your room the temperature was perfect. There was constructions going on outside but I never heard a thing. Additionally, the staff was EXTREMELY helpful and nice. I was at a conference and we had breakfast/break service. The hostess was beyond nice and helpful. For example, I mentioned that I did not really like Coke products (The official OMNI drink, I guess). However, I told her that it wasn't that big of an deal. Next thing you know, she was bring me the Diet Pepsi's that I wanted. Her name was Maria and if you have a conference there..make sure she's a part of it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from construction.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Omni_Manager, Manager at Omni Severin Hotel, responded to this review, August 16, 2011
Thanks for taking the time to praise our staff. We hope you'll come back next time you're in Indianapolis.
Indianapolis, IN
Reviewed July 22, 2011

Hubby and I enjoyed a spontaneous overnight here a couple weekends ago. Service was great and the rooms were so cozy. The bath wasn't anything special or fancy, but that's small potatoes. Great location to downtown shopping and sports.

• Stayed July 2011
Murrieta, CA
Reviewed July 14, 2011

Stayed at the Omni for my nephew's wedding. Many of my family stayed at the Crowne Plaza, and we almost did too. Ended up getting a slightly better rate at the Omni so stayed there. I'm glad we did, and most my family at Crowne Plaza wished they had booked the Omni. If you are choosing between the two when staying downtown, the Omni is nicer. We received a complimentary upgrade to suite! The lobby was very nice as a meeting up spot for friends and family. Rooms very clean. Just don't eat at the restaurant downstairs. It's good for watching some sports with a drink, but the food was not very good. Not a big fan of indoor pools, that's why I only gave it 3 stars for pool. But the pool was very clean.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Olathe, Kansas
Reviewed June 25, 2011

We stayed one night at this hotel on May 31, 2011. When we checked in, we were treated like royalty. I believe the csr's name was Tamera. She signed us up for the frequent stayer program so we could get free internet, Our room was clean and decorated nicely. The pool area was also nice and clean. The fitness area was unbelievable. They had everything you could imagine. They provided ice water with cucumbers or lemon in the lobby. This was refreshing (no pun intended), as hotels usually just cater to coffee drinkers. The following day, we got breakfast to go at the restaurant. The ladies there were so helpful. The bellmen were also wonderful. They seemed truly interested in us, not just getting a tip. It's been years since I've stayed in an Omni. After this experience, we will seek them out. Great job to the management of this hotel. You have hired great people.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family