“Totally satisfied!”

Ranked #1 of 182 Hotels in Indianapolis
Indianapolis
“Totally satisfied!”
Reviewed December 13, 2006

DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH! (Please note, they are going through some construction, but are VERY accommodating)

I had booked 3 rooms at the Hampton Inn across the street from this Marriott. (See my review on Hampton Inn East) Long story short, the Hampton Inn cancelled my reservations due to my having an Indianapolis address. (again, read my review) Anyway, I contacted the Marriott directly and they went above and beyond for my group!

3 rooms, same floor, 2 connecting. Rooms were very clean and spacious. We had a total of 16 people and it worked out just fine. They have upgraded their bedding and toiletries and are giving Starwood a run for their money! (I travel a lot for business and am a "Starwood Snob") Plenty of towels and toiletries for our entire group.

Pool area was great for the kids (ages 8-9, girls) There is both an indoor and outdoor that are connected (seasonal) and there is a very large sitting area with patio tables for the parents to watch. We held an impromptu birthday party for one of the girls in the pool area and there was plenty of room.

Bar was small but the bartender was great. Drinks were reasonably priced.

Dining: The Marriott comp'd our breakfasts (~$150). They have a buffet with made to order omlets, waffles, and such. They gave us our own private dining area. (On Sundays they have a large brunch.)

They are in the midst of some construction to improve the facility. Other than that, they were a great choice for us and I will recommed them in the future.

• Liked — Rooms were very comfortable!
  • Disliked — Construction
  • Stayed December 2006
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank lcloud

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
Lake Forest, Illinois
Reviewed March 16, 2006

I stayed here in March for only one night. Normally when I am in this area I stay at the Fairfield Inn also in the Marriott Center. However, it was sold out the night I was staying. The Marriott was undergoing renovation and I think the room I stayed in had already been renovated, as far as a new bed and bedding. I had a king room, on the fourth floor which was a concierge floor, but of course the lounge was closed on the weekend. The bed was very comfortable and all the amenities in the room wonderful--nice shampoo, lotion, and a sewing kit (I usually stay in Courtyards or Fairfields so I'm not used to these items being in rooms).

The bathroom was small, but I had no problems with this--the shower head provided a nice massaging shower.

The restaurant's food was ok. I had dinner and breakfast, no major complaints.

The only problem I had was upon checkin--the lady may have been overworked, but she was not at all friendly.

There was a nice pool and exercise center, though I didn't use it.

As long as you don't pay too much for this hotel, I recommend it.

• Stayed March 2006, traveled on business
2 Thank skyeport
Lawrence, Kansas
Reviewed October 7, 2005

Stayed at this property one night on our way back from a Maine vacation. This property is definitely showing its age. The ceilings were very low and the place has a very closed design would would indicate its advanced age. The rooms were average. The staff was friendly however and when I inquired about an upgraded room (I am a Platinum member) I was told due to an American Legion convention that no suites were available. They did accomodate me with one of the rooms available with their new massage chairs and that was great!

On checking in we had to dodge a couple dozen drunken American Legionnaires but this was no fault of the Marriott.

The value was O.K. but I would definitely spend my money across the parking lot at the much newer and nicer Fairfield Inn.

• Stayed October 2005
1 Thank rockchalktraveler
New Jersey
Reviewed August 6, 2005

Well, they have these air conditioning units on the wall, the kind that you find in a Motel 6 - they are supposed to be thermostatically cpntrolled, but they aren't. I was tjere fpr 2 nights 8/2to 8/3 this year - your choice is to cut the noise and sweat like a pig, or hear the roar of the air unit all night long. I chose to sleep quietly, but sweat. The room never got below 84 degrees. One morning, they forgot my room service order - I'm waiting patiently, finally call, and thet say they never got it ( it's the kind you ahng off the door ). They did nothing to resolve or address the room temperature conditions, because they were sold out. They did offer to send up a fan, so I could move the hot air around and have even more noise. This place must be very old, because there is no HVAC system on the rooms - only the Motel 7 wall units. What a nigtmare. I checked out a day early and went home. Also, the Concierge floor is a joke.

• Stayed August 2005, traveled on business
3 Thank ficoguy
Columbia, Tennessee
Reviewed July 4, 2005

This hotel was OK. The staff was very nice. We were in the middle of a convention so it was real busy. I think the rooms need to be updated, but they were clean. I would stay again. We were upgraded from the Fairfield across the street where I had reservations originally.

• Stayed June 2005
1 Thank thebandteacher
Lawrence, KS
Reviewed November 29, 2004

This is the third time that I have stayed here over the last several years. It's okay...rooms are a little below the standard Marriott...the place is probably 40 years old. The pool is okay. The bar area is okay. The service is a little uninterested. Rates are usually good as compared to any of the other full service name brand hotels. I wouldn't go out of my way to stay here but it is fine for a couple of nights.

1 Thank cdfev
Fremont, California
Reviewed September 25, 2004

I stayed at the Marriott East Sept. 11 - 13, 2004. I found the hotel to be okay, but service was so-so, and the stay did not live up to my hopes. First, I arrived with a confirmed reservation for a room with king bed. I was assigned a room with two queens. I came from California, so this was a bother at the end of a long travel day. (As an aside, the hotel is hard to find at night when coming from the east, another bother at the end of a long travel day.) Then, however, I was "upgraded" to one of the so-called Concierge Floor rooms. That should have meant the lounge on the 4th floor would be available to me. When I went up there on Sunday night, though, the reception was anythng but friendly. A man and a woman were lounging there watching TV, and I guess they must have been the Concierge staff because they questioned, "What do you want?" in a not very nice manner. At that point, I was mostly looking to see if I could find the computer "hot spot" the hotel supposedly had. I had no luck in the lounge so I tried the lobby. I had no luck there either. I believe the service just was not working correctly. All in all, everything was adequate, but I disagree with a prior posted review about great service. My experience was that the service was lacking, especially considering the prices.

2 Thank steve82558