“Perfect convention space” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
Davidson, North Carolina
“Perfect convention space”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

The Marriott East is a great spot for a multi-day convention and the staff there is so accommodating. It easy to reach from both downtown and the airport. The food was some of the best I've tasted at any convention or trade show and the bar is great as well. Plus, the beds were incredibly comfortable and the outdoor courtyard was a treat after hours. Recommend this spot for both business and pleasure.

Room Tip: If view matters to you, make sure to ask for one of the rooms that does not overlook I-65. Some of t...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Champaign, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

My wife & I spent two nights at the Marriott East for a toy train convention. We made our reservations well in advance. Upon our 4pm arrival we were notified that there was an issue with the feather-free room that we requested. We were offered a Hospitality room (larger room with a Murphy bed & full size fridge) and free buffet breakfasts for the duration of our stay and a $10 coupon for a dinner at their Skylight Bistro Café. We agreed.

The Marriott's staff is phenomenal . . . very friendly and always willing to go the extra step to help us out. However, our Hospitality room was not as well-appointed or as clean as we expected. We got clean towels and soap on day two, but no evidence of vacuuming, making up the bed or cleaning the glasses. My wife had to call the desk for coffee packets and cups.

I would be very cautious about staying in a hospitality room. We were not in our room very much so it was not a big issue for us.

Room Tip: Hotel is adjacent to I-465 and I-70. Ask for a room away from the interstate.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
Cimarron Hills, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

My family and I stayed here this weekend for a small getaway. This hotel service was amazing! The room was very spacious, and the beds were extremely comfy. There was a convention going on so it was a bit busy, but quiet in the rooms. The staff was great about accomadations for our 7 month old!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
      Cleanliness
Stockton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

We stayed here for a club meeting/convention last week and although we stayed here several years ago (for the same club meeting/convention) didn't recognize the place at first. Apparently the whole lobby/front entrance area has been totally redone and is now strikingly attractive. Further, never before have I been greeted so nicely and enthusiastically at any chain hotel. Several members of the staff were standing by the front desk and all of them welcomed me. One brought me a glass of iced water and another guided me to the Elite check in desk. A third gave me a welcome bag with a bottle of water, a bag of trail mix and a packet of cheese/crackers. Because we are gold elite members of the Marriot frequent guest program, we got an upgrade to their concierge floor. The room was especially nice and comfortable (and seemed to be even somewhat nice than the non-concierge floor rooms. The concierge lounge was open for a complimentary breakfast on Friday morning and the breakfast was excellent with fresh scrambled eggs and breakfast potatoes (their was also supposed to be sausage, but the serving dish was empty (and refills did not arrive while we were there). We did have one complaint about the concierge lounge...it's not open on Friday evenings or Saturday mornings and so we missed evening snacks and Saturday breakfast. I guess the concierge lounge is oriented strictly to business travelers and Marriott neglects their weekend meeting/convention guests. Too bad. But this is still an excellent hotel. Before checking out, I asked the desk clerk where I could find some ice for my cooler. Instead of directing me to the nearest ice machine, he took my cooler and went off and filled it for us. Again, outstanding service!

Room Tip: Note: Free wifi is provided to gold elite frequent stayer program members. All others pay and it i...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

I was here for four nights and it was great. The staff was amazing, they always had a smile and acknowledged my presence with a simple hello everywhere I went. They even helped me to print my boarding pass when I was having trouble. The restaurant was great and the rooms were very neat, clean and well stocked. If I ever make it back out there again, I'm definitely staying here.

• Stayed July 2014
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 stars
judyblat, Manager at Indianapolis Marriott East, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Hi Kathy: Thank you for taking the time to complete our survey. I have to agree with you that we are "the best Marriott" Thank you so much for sharing your opinion with us. Our staff works very hard to make sure our guests have a wonderful experience and I am glad we were able to do that for you. Our staff is very specical to us and I will be sure and pass on your comments and we will celebrate your wonderful comments. Have a great day and we look forward to seeing you again.

Judy Blattert
Assistant Genera Manager
Champaign, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Although this hotel was a little out of our way, we stayed there and were glad we did. The facility was impressive, the lobby exquisite, the service was friendly and attentive. Although the concierge room was under renovation, the staff accommodated us very nicely,

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a convention for 3 days and 2 nights. Our room was clean and had a refrigerator already in the room. I know sometimes you have to ask for the fridge. I really love a lot of things about this hotel and namely the atrium in the center where there are comfy chairs, ample seating space, natural gas fires, a lighted fountain, and a view at the gorgeous sky. The hotel is up-to-date. My issues are that they do not offer a continental breakfast, the wifi never did work with me logging in with my reservation info and the back hallway our room was in reeked of puke for the last 2 days. The staff are very nice however and were attentive to our needs. Comfy bead and pillows. The room temp was set at a perfect 72*. Get a room with a patio on the atrium if you can!

Stayed July 2014
judyblat, Manager at Indianapolis Marriott East, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete our survey. I am glad you were able to enjoy our outdoor courtyard and the Indiana weather. I definitely appreciate your comments about the internet and smell you experienced around your room. Housekeeping is taking care of the odor issue and our IT department is looking into the connectivity issues. Hope to see you again soon so that we can show you our improvements.

Judy Blattert