“Happiest birthday to me!!!”

Indianapolis Marriott East
Ranked #1 of 182 Hotels in Indianapolis
Burnettsville, Indiana, United States
“Happiest birthday to me!!!”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I had tried for two weeks to get into this hotel because I have stayed there before and liked it a lot. I was told the hotel was fully booked but I could reserve a room next door and try again before checking in for the possibility of a cancellation. Joy of joys a cancellation came up and I got it, thanks to Madison. I mentioned to the staff how glad I was because I had friends joining me to celebrate my birthday and we looked forward to spending time on their delightful patio with gas fireplaces and waterfalls. My conference was downtown but I wanted this hotel because it's in an area of town and I and I have friends nearby.
Not only did I get to do that but the hotel staff sent a plate of delicious chocolates and a signed birthday card. The next day staff person Henry made sure I had a wonderful breakfast on him! I felt like royalty and couldn't have had a better stay. A lovely room and superb staff. Thank you Marriott! I recommend you to everyone always!

Room Tip: Have been in all sections of hotel and always had a good room. If you can't get in on websites o...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jan B
judyblat, Manager at Indianapolis Marriott East, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Happy Birthday to you!!! We are so glad you chose our hotel and to celebrate your Birthday. Our staff loves it when they can "surprise" our guests with something special. Your wonderful comments about our hotel and staff made our Monday much brighter. We appreciate you taking the time to send us your comments and calling out some of our "brilliant" staff members. I hope that you will be able to celebrate your Birthday with us again!! Have a great year.
VP of Sales & Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I recently stayed here for a convention in September, 2013. I almost felt like I was cheating on Hilton. However, I will review this property with as little bias as possible. First off, the customer service was great; I have no complaints whatsoever in that department. My room was a standard 2 double, and it was very spacious and clean. The bathroom was a bit on the small side, but that can't be helped (I will say I have stayed at other Mariott properties with very spacious bathrooms...maybe I am a bit spoiled?). I took the opportunity to swim in the pool and sit in the hot tub...the pool area was clean and well-stocked with towels. I also dined in the on-site restaurant. I had turkey chili and the service was excellent. The one downside is that there is no continental breakfast in the mornings, so I left the property in search of cheaper breakfast options. One of the bright spots about this property is the large patio area in the center of the hotel; the chairs were especially comfortable and the fountain is a very nice touch. All in all, I will stay here again, but only for the next convention in 2014.

Room Tip: Rooms located off the patio can be loud if guests are using the patio at night.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Bekka B
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed October 14, 2013

This hotel has the best customer service. Lets start with Madison, every time I come into Indianapolis, she and her staff makes sure that I am well taken care of and love taking care of all guest. Madison, Henry, and I can remember everyone on the front end of the operation that make sure that all is well and you feel at home. Friendly, caring, and just overall wonderful to come to this hotel. This is a great hotel with the best employees in the industry. This is my hotel of choice.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank WorldTraveler19999
judyblat, Manager at Indianapolis Marriott East, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
And we think we have the best customers ever!!! Thank you for taking the time to respond and share your observations about our hotel and definitely our staff. We feel the same way about them...they are our brilliant shining stars!! I will be sure and pass on your wonderful comments. Hope to see you again..
VP of Sales & Marketing
West Lafayette, Indiana
Reviewed October 14, 2013

My sorority sisters and I stayed at this hotel for 3 days/2night for our state convention. Fun, relaxed place to stay. The hotel staff were friendly (especially Henry, who named us his Angels) and professional. I used the exercise room and found it to be top of the line with every piece of equipment I needed. There is a beautiful outdoor area, with fire pits for cool evenings and shaded tables to keep the afternoon sun off of us. Enjoyed the open area just off of the entrance that was the dining room and bar. Would I stay there again - you bet!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank BEAVO9
Indiana
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Stayed here one night in September. It's a big conference hotel, so I found it to be pretty spread out. One peculiarity of the hotel was that the elevator to my room was around a two minute walk from the front desk. Not a big deal, but the size of the space takes some getting used to. Once inside, the room was very nice -- no view to speak of, but very clean and comfortable.

I found the pool area to be nice. Not a huge pool, but fairly good for relaxing. The towels are a little on the skimpy side -- very thin. Takes two or three just to dry off. But the space was quiet and relaxing. They could use more chaisse lounge chairs rather than just sitting chairs, but all in all, the area was relaxing. Good sized hot tub.

As others have remarked, the area surrounding the hotel seemed OK but not completely comfortable.

The hotel bar was a highlight. Very elegant, lots of TV's around for a comfortable meal in front of a game. Food was OK -- a bit pricey, but it's a hotel restaurant and is to be expected.

My own sense is that if you are looking for leisurely night's stay, especially if you are looking for a convenient stopping place off I-70, this is a fairly good place. I don't know that the average person would feel comfortable walking around the area at night, and I don't know that there are great restaurants in walking distance like there are at the downtown Marriott. Still, for the price, I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank henryv731_123
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Reviewed October 12, 2013

The hotel is outdated and needs to be updated. It isn't dirty but doesn't radiate cleanliness either. Definitely below the normal Marriott level standards. When I had an issue with my room, the service was poor and the GM of the hotel was short and unfriendly in his responses. Would not stay there again, there are better hotels in the area.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank EWB861
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We stayed at the Indianapolis Marriott East for 2 days over the weekend in early October and everything exceeded our expectations. The bed was one of the best hotel beds we've ever slept on. The management and staff were professional and made us feel like they really valued our patronage. Special thanks to April L and the crew. The overnight host at the front desk gave us directions to the nearest grocery store and was more than helpful. We must have received one of the best rooms in the hotel for the price-point. Very clean, quiet, and the view from the tower was nice. It was nice staying up late and watching the traffic lights through the big panoramic window. We loved the fact they had a brochure where we could purchase virtually every single item in the room, from the bed mattress all the way down to the bar soap! Would definitely stay here again if in this part of town. Free parking is always a bonus.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gregmech26
judyblat, Manager at Indianapolis Marriott East, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about our hotel and staff. We are thrilled when our associates are mentioned and I will be sure and pass this information along to them. Thanks again
VP of Sales and Marketing