“Always a nice stay”

Ranked #1 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
Peru
“Always a nice stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

Wanted to make sure I gave some props to the Marriott East for another nice stay at the annual conference for work there. I liked the new layout and makeover, especially the downstairs lounge with skylights and big screen tvs. MUCH more space than the previous layout. Henry Robinson was a polite and courteous ambassador who gave me my first shoe shine! Thanks Henry! Hope to see everyone again this year!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

The new hotel updates to the lobby and restaurant area make the hotel experience complete. This hotel offers a great value with the location, price and service from the hotel staff. The food is excellent and the hotel ambassador made you feel right at home during your stay. A great place for a business or family stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Columbus, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

The Hotel was very nice, beautiful atmosphere. Disappointed that the hot tub was out of service, and the beds were too soft. Otherwise, it was an exceptional experience made even better by the high level of service especially by Hotel Ambassador Henry Robinson!

Thank you Henry!!

Cynthia M, Shavonne M, Lavonne M

Room Tip: Call ahead to make sure pool and spa is working!:)
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is located right off the loop and I-70. It is an excellent location. The lobby and Restaurant have been remodeled in the last year. The rooms are well appointed with very comfortable beds, nice size tv, and a sitting area. There is a connection center for you to plug in your DVD player, laptop, or other video device and use the tv as a monitor. You don't have to worry about finding RCA jacks on the back of the TV. The staff is very friendly and attentive. There is a business center were you can print things out. They have a very nice indoor pool and hot tube. There is a large courtyard in the middle of the hotel. Right now it is decorated for Christmas. There's a lot of seating in the courtyard if you would like to spend time outside. The whole facility is surrounded by a wall. In the compound there is also a Fairfield Inn and a Restaurant behind the facility. It has become our go to place while in Indianapolis.

• Stayed November 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

I was looking for rooms on orbitz and found this place. I was looking forward to sleeping on a King size bed so I booked the room through orbitz and made my way to the Hotel. Upon arriving I had to give them a credit card for "incidentals" which is common, no complaints there. I was then told that my room would have 2 full size beds rather than a King, as they were all taken. I wasn't happy about it but nothing could be done after goiung through orbitz! I went to my room which was nice. I was paid $140.00 for the Saturday night stay. Upon leaving I returned my room keys and asked for a receipt, the person at the counter informed me that since I paid through orbitz I would have to print it off of my e-mail. I left the hotel and upon checking my bank account found the $25.00 charge for the incidentals. I checked 7 days later to find that the charge had been removed but replaced with another full charge of the room. I was double charged!

Now the accounting department did take care of this, adding another 3-5 days until I get my money back. I was told that the person at the front desk was "going too fast"? This is absurd and I can not believe that they do not have any measures in place to prevent double charges to rooms. If I had not checked my account this might have been overlooked in Marriots favour.

This room was not worth the $140.00 let alone $280.00!! I doubt I would be coming back to this place. :(

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

This is normally one of my favorite hotels, but I sure didn't feel like a Platinum Member this time around. My room was so small I needed a shoe horn to get in. You can't pull the desk chair out all the way because of the bed behind you. You can use the sink, toilet, and shower without ever moving from one spot. Oh, and the TV didn't work either, I had to call for service to get it going again (a cable line was unplugged).

But the worst part of the room was the location. It faced the service drive to the convention center. And apparently the best tme to set up the convention center is late at night/early morning. So the noise of fork lifts going back and forth went on til past midnight. And no need to worry about a wake-up call because the garbage truck emptying the dumpster will get you up at 2:45 am.

My worst stay ever.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms ending in 34, 35, 36, & 37
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Janie E
Ephraim, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

I have been to this hotel twice, both times on a trip with my high school FFA advisor and members for National Convention. Both times Henry Robinson has been one of the highlights of the trip! He is friendly and helpful, alway smiling and making sure you are comfortable with your stay. I have found all of the staff very nice, but Henry is someone who goes above and beyond his job requirements. I love Henry and this hotel!!!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends