“Room ok but front desk staff not terribly helpful.”

Indianapolis Marriott East
Ranked #1 of 182 Hotels in Indianapolis
“Room ok but front desk staff not terribly helpful.”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

We did not have a reservation and they said they had rooms and gave me the cost. I said, what is cost with AAA or AARP. Oh - well that is a lot less and it was. They seemed to not care what they offered etc. Just not a welcoming feeling but the room was good and it was just a one nite stay so it was fine. It was a convention center hotel and to me, they are not as warm as the smaller hotels in most chains. It was easy on and off the hywy so that was good. I certainly would stay there another time if we were in Indy but I will now question the cost with each hotel booking.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
North Vernon, Indiana
Reviewed July 25, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at the Marriott East for a Knights of Columbus State Council meeting. We were so pleased with our room accomodations (we had a massage chair) but most of all the staff bent over backwards to make sure our stay was superb! Henry, the Lobby Ambassador is the greatest! We had just arrived from our vacation in Florida and we had stayed at 4 other hotels on our trip. Not one of those hotels can compare to the service and friendliness of the staff at Marriott East. We will be back for many years to come! Thank you to all for making our stay so enjoyable!

Room Tip: The tower rooms or the newly renovated rooms are great!
1 Thank Gailmart
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I have stayed at many Marriotts around the country and can easily say the Marriott Indianapolis East by far has the best staff. We have never been disappointed in the many times we have stayed there in the past 5 years. Henry, the Lobby Ambassador, is the best!!!!!

The updates that have recently taken place are amazing. I love the coffee bar and the breakfast buffet.

Evansville, Indiana
Reviewed July 18, 2012

I stayed here on Monday night. I had a business meeting in the hotel the next day. The room was very nice and clean. The beds were comfortable. I was able to have the room cold – which I LOVE – even though it was 101 degrees outside! My mom came with me just to give me company on the 4 hour drive each way. The hotel (my mom spoke to Tony) allowed her to stay in the room past the regular check-out time just so that she could stay in there to read her book and watch TV while I was at my meeting! I don’t ever remember staying at another hotel where they were so accommodating!!! Thank you Tony and staff! We really enjoyed staying at your hotel and would definitely recommend it to anyone!

Boonville, Indiana
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Once again the staff at the Marriott Indianapolis East has exceeded my expectations of customer service. I needed help on an issue while there for the Indiana American Legion State Convention and they came thru for me. A young lady stopped and asked if a couple of us could help her out; I took her to the front desk and they took care of her promptly. From the front desk, to the housekeeping and bar/dining area employees all gave spectacular service. I say thank you to all of the staff there for the great customer service and a clean place for events and to sleep in; can't wait to be back.

Peru, Indiana
Reviewed July 12, 2012

I never intended to stay here. I actually had a reservation at a Fairfield Inn across the parking lot. When I went to check in at FI I was told I had been "upgraded" to the Marriott East. I asked why and never got an answer that made sense. So I went to the Marriott East and checked in. I asked again why I was moved and told the FI was full. (Odd since I made the reservation just the day before). I was again told I was being "upgraded". This hotel has many new features due to the Superbowl here last February and there was a new Veterans Tower and that is where my room was located. Turns out the tower is all the way across the other end of the complex. When I finally got there I opened the door and was first surprised to see such a large room. I was next surprised to see an 8 foot conference table with 6 chairs in the room along with a full size frig and kitchen sink. But I was really surprised that I did not see a bed! I starting thinking this really was an upgrade and I was in a suite but quickly realized this was it. As I was getting ready to call the front desk I noticed a large wood panel that was not a closet. And guess what? It was my bed, a pull down murphy bed. Nobody at the desk clued me into the fact I was staying in a hospitality suite not really meant for sleeping. Basically the bed was low to the ground and not very comfortable and with the full sized frig making frig noises not 6 feet away I felt like I was sleeping in a kitchen. Also the rainshower shower head was missing a spray thingy so most of the water shot out of the hole negating any rainshower effect. I did get a free breakfast (that I would have gotten at the FI anyway) and everyone was very friendly but I was greatly disappointed.

Room Tip: Don't ever book the hospitality suite if you intend to sleep there!
1 Thank Native_Hoosier
Junction, Illinois
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for a conference and the hotel was very clean and had very friendly staff. The restaurant serves an awesome breakfast buffet. If ever in this area again, I will definately stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
, Manager at Indianapolis Marriott East, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your feedback . At the Indianapolis Marriott East we strive to provide our guests with a personal experience that meets and exceeds expectations. And I will be happy to report to our staff that we succeeded!!!
Hope to see you again. Judy Blattert VP of Sales & Marketing