“Really Nice Hotel”

Hyatt Regency Indianapolis
Ranked #20 of 182 Hotels in Indianapolis
“Really Nice Hotel”
Reviewed February 6, 2011

I've stayed at this Hyatt many times over the years. Very pretty and elegant. About as good a workout room as you get in a hotel. Nice, clean rooms. Very close and indoor walk to the mall. Good bar.

• Stayed February 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
  • Korean first
Rensselaer IN
Reviewed February 6, 2011

Well my gal booked this place as a pre v-day getaway for just us to be alone. Upon arrival everything seemed great. The valet was very nice but when we got up to the room it became a different story real quick. The room was filthy, The bed looked like it was layed in, the floors were dirty and the bathroom was still dirty from the previous guest. The ottoman had a huge stain on it that was just vile. So we went down and asked for a new room. We looked at 2 other rooms which included the best room they had to offer and all the same filth everytime. In there top room there was still blue painters tape left on the walls where they stopped painting. Come on really. Now I understand its a 4 star hotel but its not a one star. So we asked for our money back., The front desk was very understanding and courteous. We ended up staying at the Omni hotel that night and were very happy with our stay.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jgflys
HyattIndy, Manager at Hyatt Regency Indianapolis, responded to this review, February 23, 2011
Hello jgflys,

I am sorry to hear of the recent experience you had at Hyatt Regency Indianapolis. Could you please message me the details of your reservation? I would be happy to further look into these issues. I can be reached at qualityindri@hyatt.com. We look forward to hearing from you! Thank you again for your time and comments!

ohio
Reviewed January 22, 2011

I have stayed at this Hyatt in years past. We travel to Indy frequently for cheer competitions. We stayed at another hotel, and bad weather came in so we needed to stay another night. I went to the Hyatt and they were accommodating to get me in a room for the best possible price. We were with some of my daughter's friends and asked for the same floor, I was disappointed that we didn't get the same floor or an explanation as to why we didn't get the same floor. The room was dusty, but otherwise clean. I mentioned it at checkout and the gentleman at the desk offered me Starbucks for the inconvenience, which I appreciated. Because of the layout of the hotel, it can be noisy and the elevators can take awhile if there is an event with a lot of kids, like the cheer competition.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Georgetown, Indiana
Reviewed January 10, 2011

We stayed at the Hyatt over the weekend for a dance competition with our daughter. Our room was on the 18th floor, and it was a corner room. My wife and I are Hyatt Gold Passport members, and enjoy staying at Hyatt properties. However, this one was not great.

First, we had a room with one King bed in it for 3 people. We were not able to get a rollaway, so our 5 year old daughter slept on the floor, they did bring us some extra blankets to try to add some padding.

The window in the room had so much condensation on it we could have gotten it off and filled up a glass to drink, it was really gross. Also, our room only had a stnd-up shower in it which mad it hard to wash our daughter off, since she does not like showers.

On a positivie note, we ate breakfast in Once South and the buffett was very good, and the service staff was awesome!!

Overall, we were very dissatisfied with our stay at the Hyatt in downtown Indianapolis!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank familyof3IN
HyattIndy, Manager at Hyatt Regency Indianapolis, responded to this review, January 18, 2011
Thank you so much for your review about your recent stay at Hyatt Regency Indianapolis. I apologize the room your were placed in was not accommodating and we were unable to secure a rollaway for your daughter. This is not the standard we hold at our hotel and I personally would like to contact you to address this matter. Would you please contact us at qualityindri@hyatt.com to go over the details of your stay. We look forward to hearing from you! Thank you again for your time and comments!

Reviewed December 30, 2010

When I stayed at the Hyatt I was excepting an amazing, high class experience, but the key word in that sentence was expecting because that is NOT what I got at all! We had 3 different rooms in 24hrs! It was ridiculous in in two rooms the heat was not working (in December) and in one of them the toilet was leaking! This is a far cry from the 4 star hotel that I read about online.

• Stayed December 2010
1 Thank JuciyTravelLover
HyattIndy, Manager at Hyatt Regency Indianapolis, responded to this review, January 6, 2011
Hello!

Thank you so much for your review about our property. This is not the standard we hold at our hotel and I apologize that your stay wasn't to your satisfaction. We would like to contact you and go over the details of your stay. Would you mind providing your contact information to us? We can be reached at qualityindri@hyatt.com.

Thank you!

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed November 23, 2010

I have to travel to Indy every few months for work. I've stayed at a few different hotels, but like the Hyatt the best. The service is very good - even when I arrive very late at night. My room has always been very clean. My big complaint about most hotels in a downtown area is noise from the street etc., but this hotel is very quiet, which is fantastic because all I really want when I'm business travelling is a clean, comfy bed, food within walking distance, a good workout room, and good service. The Hyatt has all of these things. My only complaint at all is I wish they would give you free wireless internet and that there was a better business center, but overall a great place to stay.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed November 18, 2010

This is just an awful hotel. It's difficult to know where to start. Too few, too slow lifts. Internet that doesn't work properly,. Expensive food of very average quality. Noisy rooms. An unstaffed business centre that didn't have any paper for the printers and copiers. Oh I could go on and on. The staff try their best to overcome what clearly is a design and management crash site - but it is an uphill task.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business