“Modern/clean rooms, unfortunate happenstance”

Hyatt Regency Indianapolis
Ranked #21 of 180 Hotels in Indianapolis
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Modern/clean rooms, unfortunate happenstance”
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is located at a perfect spot in Indy; right next to Circle Centre Mall and close to tons of good restaurants. The rooms are clean and nicely decorated. I appreciated their list of complimentary items they would give you if you forgot your own (for me it was a corkscrew and toothbrush). They also have a list if things you can borrow for your stay such as robes and a lighted makeup mirror. We stayed on the 19th floor and had a beautiful view. The Unfortunate thing Was The Fire alarm Went off at 2.37 a.m. Management was good at handling the malfunction the next morning and compensated us for the stay. I would say despite the alarm, it was a nice stay and I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Lets_travel_add77

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
  • Korean first
Estero, Florida
Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

Our visit to the Hyatt Regency Indianapolis was beyond expectations from beginning to end. The valets were friendly and helpful. Our room with a view of the capital was spectacular. Kudos and our thanks to MAUD, she was wonderful! We have come to expect the best from Hyatt and we weren't disappointed once again. The location was great, walkable to historic downtown sites. This will be our hotel of choice when we visit Indianapolis again.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Peggy8842
Hyattindindianapolis, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Indianapolis, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear Peggy8842,
Thank you for the kind review. I am glad to hear you had a great stay and will be sure to share your words with Maud. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit.
Maryland
Reviewed June 28, 2014

Staying at this hotel for a conference, the hotel did well to cater to the conference attendees--there were no major issues that the attendees encountered while at the event. As an event venue, I'd say this hotel is very good.

But, as just a hotel, it's rather average. There's nothing special about it. The rooms are clean; the Internet works; the location in the downtown area is very central; and there are a number of dining options at the hotel complex and in the surrounding area.

The staff at the hotel were less than helpful in a few scenarios--generally around check-out. My keys stopped working to get me into my room and despite a few visits to the front desk to get new keys, I ended up having to get help from the cleaning staff to open my door.

Secondly, there was a scenario where cleaning came into a room of a conference attendee and apparently did the "check out cleaning." When the attendee came back to his room to actually check-out, he found his suitcase missing. Despite raising the issue with the front desk multiple times, he was unable to get anyone to help him find his suitcase and he ended up leaving the hotel without it. A call with the cleaning/maintenance supervisor a day later resulted in him paying to have the hotel ship it back to him. Less than ideal, but the cleaning staff was unable to find it while he was physically at the hotel.

So, if you need somewhere to stay, it's an average and clean hotel. Just don't expect a 5 star experience.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Evanston, Illinois, USA
Reviewed June 23, 2014

We were here to visit with family. The facility and the staff did a great job at making us feel welcome and comfortable. Honorable mentions go to Shay, Teyon, Adam amongst others.

The bar is a great place to relax, watch sports on TV and have a drink.

Our room service experience exceeded our expectations.

Another great Hyatt Regency performance!

Room Tip: We had a corner room for a slight upgrade cost. It was spacious, but a little dark because of where...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Greg P
Hyattindindianapolis, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Indianapolis, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Dear Greg P,
Thanks for the stellar 5 Star review! I appreciate you taking the time to make a review. I will definitely let Shay, Teyon and Adam know that you mentioned them.
Please come back and see us again soon.
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Room was clean and beds were comfortable. Easy check in and check out. The pool was a little chilly, but the hot tub was nice. Liked having the in room fridge. Went up to the Eagles Nest for a drink. Very pretty at night.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank jguynn
Trafalgar
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Simple review first:
1. Staff-Excellent!
2. Cleanliness-Excellent!
3. Proximity to local attractions-Excellent!
4. Diversity of restaurants-Excellent!
5. Value-Excellent!
6. Room scenery-Excellent!
7. Amenities-Excellent!
8. Service-Excellent!

Expanded review:

This was a great choice, the best we could have made. I had messed up my wife's first mother's day celebration, and then her birthday was around the corner. I had to make it up to her somehow. I had contemplated taking her to Nashville, TN and doing the scenery. I had also thought about making a trip to Chicago, but decided to stay locally. With the money we were going to save I wanted to put it toward a nice hotel. I have stayed at several upscale hotels in Indianapolis and some have been wonderful and others miserable (nickel and dime you for everything).

I made the reservation, confirmed it and then called the general manager. The general manager was not available, but the executive assistant, Karen Roush, was. I explained to her my dilema and she quickly assured me that our stay would be perfect and that my wife would be in the forgiving mood as soon as she entered the hotel.

Upon our arrival we were greeted at the valet and our luggage was taken to our room. As we checked in the staff was very friendly and offered a lot of information to make our stay more enjoyable. We retired to our room and were very impressed with the capitol view from our room. Looks spectacular at night. Also, Katie had sent us some nice gifts so that we could celebrate in the room. That evening we had dinner at the Eagle's Nest. (another review)

Overall we were very impressed with the hotel, staff and service. Upon checking out a front desk staff, Katie Gainey carried our bags to the valet area. She completed our very satisfying stay. I sent her a Tripadvisor pin!

Room Tip: Capitol view rooms.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rangellalo
Dear Rangellalo,
I am glad to hear you recovered nicely with your wife! Thank you for the kind review- I will let Katie and Karen know of your mention. It sounds as though you were able to enjoy all the amenities of the hotel as well as our great location in the heart of downtown Indianapolis. We hope you enjoy many special times with your family here. Come see us again soon!
Tampa, FL
Reviewed June 19, 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights. Upon arrival the staff provided me with a map of the area that identified restaurants and other sites nearby and gave suggestions. Room was spacious and nice. Single cup coffee maker in room. Several restaurants in the hotel, and hotel is connected by a skywalk to the mall for more places. There are also about 20 additional places within walking distance. At checkout needed to leave luggage so I could finish my conference. Everyone was given a tag to identify your luggage. Once the conference was over the desk was surrounded with people picking up luggage. It took less than 5 minutes before there were reinforcements there to help get everyone taken care of. Great service

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Caren B
Dear Caren B,
Thank you for your kind review. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay as well as downtown Indianapolis. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!