“Great location, very nice place and good amenities”

Hyatt Regency Indianapolis
Ranked #21 of 180 Hotels in Indianapolis
Wasilla
“Great location, very nice place and good amenities”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

A business partner and I went to a conference in Indianapolis. Through no particular process we chose the Hyatt Regency for the place to stay. I was a great choice.

The check-in was very efficient and quick; the lobby very comfortable; and the room was quite adequate. We have no complaints on any of those. We were 'short' a couple of (toiletry) items, called the desk and they were brought up to the room almost immediately.

The hotel location is ideal for conferences in the center of town and, for those who have not experienced it yet (it was a first for us too) there are interconnecting walkways that tie most of the hotels, a large mall, parking garages and other facilities together. It was not necessary to go outside unless you wanted to go to a restaurant that was only accessible from the ground floor. Many good places to eat were accessible through the rabbit-warren of bridges and halls.

I liked that they had an adequate workout club, small but usable pool, and hot tub.

With glass-elevators and 20 floors the trip up to the room is awesome all by itself. You could have built a smaller hotel within the cavernous open area that was the lobby.

We didn't try the bar but ate at the One South restaurant (see review) and Subway - both right off the lobby.

I'll be going back there if I go to the conference next year. It was a great place to stay.

1 Thank AKFiretuck
Hyattindindianapolis, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Indianapolis, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Dear Daniel T,
Thanks so much for writing a great review! It sounds as if you had a great stay and got to enjoy our prime location in the heart of downtown Indianapolis. Please come stay with us in the not so distant future.
Keith Spinden

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
  • Korean first
Fresno, California
Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here last week for a convention. I booked via the convention website and got a great rate of $169 per night. I checked in on line on the website site, the day before arrival. I got an email the day of my check in stating my room was ready. Upon arrival all I had to do was walk up to a kiosk and scan the barcode I received on an email from the hotel and my room key was shot out of the bottom like an ATM.

It was very nice to just walk up grab a key and head to the room after a long day of travel. The room was nice, well appointed and a nice comfy bed. I went out for a run Tuesday morning in the snowy weather. I came back up to the room looking to take a hot shower. The water was freezing and would not warm up.

I called downstairs, they sent out engineering and they checked it out. Realized it was going to take a long time to fix. They offered me a new room and set me on my way.

In received a phone call and email during my stay apologizing for the problem. They also gave me a credit for my stay. It was great to see the high level of customer service. It was a great hotel stay and I will stay there again next year.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank ledieff
Dear ledieff,
Thank you for the 5 Star review! Although you had an issue with your water temperature, I am glad to hear we were prompt in our follow up and you were satisfied with the way it was solved. We look forward to welcoming you back for the your conference next year!
Kind Regards,
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Upon checkout, we were asked by the desk clerk, what would have made our stay better. We really couldn't think of anything. Our room was nice, it was clean, noticeably updated. The hotel's location was great and walking distance to restaurants and nightlife. Being attached to the Circle Centre Mall wasn't bad either. Overall we had a nice stay. I would say though that if you fill up a glass of water with the sink faucet, it's very cloudy and I would say not drinkable. Would have been nice to have access to filtered water after a night of drinking. Just sayin.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Schererville, Indiana, Usa
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Hyatt Regency in Indy from valet thru check-in and remainder of stay was up to the standards you expect from the Hyatt name. From the time this hotel opened in the 70's to today it has
consistently been one of the best values in Indy for the business traveler. Early morning meeting complimentary coffee in room, WSJ at the door, refrigerator for cold drinks or Starbucks in the lobby it's all good! Excellent lobby bar for casual meetings or conferences.
All personnel know their jobs and are happy to see and serve you!
Central to all downtown (shopping, business) and governmental offices.

1 Thank David N
Chehalis, Washington
Reviewed February 24, 2014

I travel extensively, spent my whole life in the hospitality industry and am a Hyatt Platinum member. I have stayed and could have stayed in other competing properties, but chose Hyatt because of the standard of excellence I have found in their properties. This was very disappointing. The bath was plugged and there were no towels in the room. Unacceptable. I am staying here with several colleagues for the Pumper & Cleaner Environmental Expo. At 11:30 in the morning there was no one at the VIP desk with more than 5 of us in line. Again, unacceptable.

Dear Tina G,
I’m sorry to hear about your recent stay. I would however like to have more information so that I could follow up appropriately with you. Please email me directly at qualityindri@hyatt.com.
Tennessee
Reviewed February 22, 2014

I am writing this review from the lobby of The Hyatt. My daughter came here for a conference, andI came here with her for a short get-away. I have only good things to say about this hotel and its exceptional staff! Our room was beautiful and spotless! Cleaning staff was excellent. The room was very quiet. We never heard a sound from anyone. From the moment that we walked into the lobby, we were welcomed and assisted with any needs that arose. The front desk staff offered to make reservations for us and offered excellent suggestions for dining and shopping! Maud was always eager to assist us! She and Katie were even able to get us dinner reservations at St. Elmo's on a Friday night! Our room was not quite cool enough when we arrived, and the engineering dept. took care of that immediately. Megan and Kelsie at the front desk were also very helpful! I don't want to forget Adam, our bell man. He was very friendly and assisted us by storing our luggage until the conference let out. We also loved The Eagle's Nest on the top floor of The Hyatt. We loved the city lights' view, and the service was excellent! One of the things that we enjoyed most about Indianapolis was the fact that most of the downtown shopping and dining was connected to the hotels by skywalks. Very convenient! Thanks again, Hyatt Indianapolis for an excellent stay! We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: City view was great if you stay on a high floor. We were on the fourteenth floor.
Dear Beachbunny74,
Thank you so much for the stellar review! I’m ecstatic to hear that you had such a memorable stay. I will definitely pass along all of your kind comments to the staff. We look forward to welcoming you back to your next visit.
Plainfield, Indiana
Reviewed February 16, 2014

What a place!!! Our overnight at the Hyatt Regency was absolutely exquisite. The check-in process was a breeze, Valet service was friendly and very efficient and our room was immaculate. The staff was very courteous and knowledgeable about the surrounding area and our room package. My husband and I were out for a night away and we couldn't have asked for a more pleasant stay. The breakfast buffet is top-notch with high quality food and good service....even better, there is a Starbucks coffee shop right in the lobby!! This hotel is connected to everything. The mall and convention center are just a quick walk completely indoors. Very convenient with all that Indianapolis has to offer very close by. We highly recommend this hotel!!!

Room Tip: Ask for the Capital View room...features 2 double beds and a nice tub for a soak plus a fabulous vie...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear AngelB466,
I’m happy to hear that you and your husband enjoyed your stay with us and you were able to partake in some of the amenities our hotel offers. Sounds as though you also enjoyed our prime location in the heart of downtown Indianapolis. Please come visit us again soon!