“Nice views and comfortable bed”

Hyatt Regency Indianapolis
Ranked #21 of 186 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We stayed here last weekend to see the Eagles. The Hotel is very close walking distance to many restaurants,shopping and concert halls. The staff was very nice and helpful I would stay there again. The breakfast buffet was very good everything was fresh and flavorful. The valet was nice drop off your car we didn't need it again until we left the price was not bad either.

Room Tip: Ask for a good view
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Hyattindindianapolis, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Thanks Teresa V for the great review! We look forward to your next visit with us at the Hyatt Regency Indianapolis!
Keith Spinden

Write a ReviewReviews (1,863)

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Good things:
- Great location for downtown and easy access to the convention center
- Beautiful clear elevators give a nice view of the hotel
- Valet parking that wasn't really more expensive than self park
- Beautifully decorated
- One of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept on
- The room was very clean
- Pretty cool night lights under the side tables that come on if you have to get out of bed during the night.
- We received a warm welcome upon arrival.

Not so good things:
- Had wanted a room with 2 beds, since I was sharing with a co-worker. When I called the front desk to see if this could be changed, I was transferred and then left on hold for 10 minutes before I gave up and called again. She told me there were no other available rooms. So, I had to share a bed with someone I wasn't comfortable sleeping so closely to.
- The room was very small. The doorways were narrow, and we often hit our arms on the door lever going into the bathroom. We often felt like we were in each others way.
- Very dim lighting.
- The room wasn't situated in a way that made it easy for 2 females to get ready for the day at the same time.
- The shower was in the same room as the toilet and the sink. The shower is also clear glass. That means that I stood hopping on one leg waiting for my roommate to get out of the shower before I could use the bathroom when I woke up in the morning.
- Only 2 towels were provided. They were happy to bring more, but we had to ask for them each day.

Room Tip: I suspect most rooms are good as far as noise and location goes. I was fairly close to the elevator...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear carbetsto,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and also for your kind comments. Obviously rooms with doubles are based on availability and I apologize we couldn’t accommodate your needs. Please come visit us again.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

Stayed a week at this hotel while in Indianapolis for a conference. From the minute I pulled in and handed my car over to the valet, until the time I left, the staff, the hotel, and the stay, was excellent. Great location in downtown Indianapolis, plenty of shopping, restaurants, and pubs within easy walking distance. My room was large, exceptionally clean, and very comfortable. Bathroom area was spotless, as was the sink, toilet, and shower stall. Bed linens were spotlessly clean, and the bed was comfortable, if a little firm for my taste. Desk and work station were large, well lighted, and had extra electrical outlets - needed in this day of rechargeable phones and laptops. Flat screen television had good selection of channels, and the refrigerator was appreciated. Heating controls worked well, and I was able to get the room at the temp I prefer. All staff, from housekeeping to bartenders to front desk staff were amazingly friendly, helpful, and efficient. Lobby bar was well staffed and a friendly and comfortable spot to relax at the end of the day. This property is an exceptional place to stay.

Room Tip: Not all rooms have bathtubs; if you desire a tub, ask for it at check in.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Paul B,
So glad to hear you had a great stay! Thanks for choosing the Hyatt Regency Indianapolis. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

We came to Indy for a wedding and to celebrate our 10 year anniversary. We could not have asked for more! From the friendly service, to the cool lounge area, to the modern room, our stay was perfect! We would love to stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2013

Dear RKJL,
Congratulations on 10 years of marriage! May you celebrate for many years to come. Thanks so much for taking the time to write your great review. We look forward to your next visit at the Hyatt Regency Indianapolis!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

This hotel resembled a few other Hyatt's I've stayed at/seen (specifically, it MIRRORS the one in Montreal). It is a clean, albeit a little dated, room. The staff was friendly and helpful. As with most other Hyatt Regencys, it is in a prime/amazing location. It is connected to a financial center/shopping center through skywalk...you can pretty much stay indoors to go to most of downtown if it's raining (such as circle center mall, lucas oil stadium, convention center, other hotels, etc). It has a starbucks in the lobby (very limited hours though..since its clientele is mostly the business center attached to it)..a very nice pub/bar...great fitness center.
the bed was comfortable, up to par with a 4 star hotel. The only drawback I have for it is the room "feels" old. It may not be..but the way it was decorated, carpet, the old bricks, it makes it seem a little dated. This would probably be a 4.5 star if I could rate it that. Other than that, great location, great price ($90 a night on hotwire/priceline!!), great amenities..can't ask for too much more than that.

Room Tip: most rooms have a good view because of the way it's designed..but like most hotels, the higher f...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Dear Project 86,
Thanks for taking the time to write a review. I appreciate your feedback. You will be happy to know we recently expanded the hours of Starbucks to accommodate our guests better. Please come visit us again.

Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

This was a very clean hotel that offered no disturbances. I've experienced hotels that were loud with a number of inconveniences. This hotel was not that way. Shaunte was very friendly and greeted us with a smiling face and warm welcome. Booked through Hotwire and check in and out was easy with no issues.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Hyattindindianapolis, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Dear Pickygirl46952,
Thank you for the 5 Star review! I am happy to hear you enjoyed your trip to Indianapolis as well as your stay at The Hyatt Regency Indianapolis. Please come visit us again.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

I was here for business and felt so relaxed. The rooms are very nice, comfortable and quiet. Nice to have a frig in the room. The location was the best. Plenty of restaurants & shopping. Starbucks, Subway and a pizza place right in lobby. Walkways are indoors so in bad weather you don't even need to go outside. Will definitely stay here again. Highly recommend!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Hyattindindianapolis, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Dear DebbieJ488,
I was pleased that you enjoyed your stay in the Hyatt Regency Indianapolis and were able to take advantage of our prime location in the heart of downtown Indianapolis.
Please come visit us again soon!