“Fabulous Location, Exquisit Accommodations”

Hyatt Regency Indianapolis
Ranked #21 of 186 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I was here for business and felt so relaxed. The rooms are very nice, comfortable and quiet. Nice to have a frig in the room. The location was the best. Plenty of restaurants & shopping. Starbucks, Subway and a pizza place right in lobby. Walkways are indoors so in bad weather you don't even need to go outside. Will definitely stay here again. Highly recommend!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Hyattindindianapolis, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Dear DebbieJ488,
I was pleased that you enjoyed your stay in the Hyatt Regency Indianapolis and were able to take advantage of our prime location in the heart of downtown Indianapolis.
Please come visit us again soon!
Keith Spinden

Write a ReviewReviews (1,828)

Reviewed October 6, 2013

We were impressed with the location and quiet nature of this hotel. Our king room was well appointed and quite large for Indianapolis standards with a huge work desk and plenty of room to walk around. We love the motion activated lights that are on when you wake up at night and need to use the restroom Excellent idea!

We were also impressed with our check in as we arrived well after midnight yet our check in attendant was so pleasant and attentive. Most late check ins are met with dour employees working the graveyard shift, but our person was bright and very helpful.

Room Tip: View to the west are met with a gloomy looking facility spewing smoke opt for east or north views if...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Great location for Colts or Pacer games (or other Lucas Oil and Fieldhouse events) and right next to circle center mall. Self parking costs about the same as other garages in the area. Check in was quick and the lady working the front desk was very friendly and helpful. Rooms were clean with very comfortable beds. The double double we stayed in was slightly on the small side, but not too small. Even though the hotel was sold out, I don't think I heard a sound all night in my room and got a great nights rest. The only negative is that wifi is not free, but considering the great rate I got on Hotwire, I didn't mind paying for it. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: October 2013
Hyattindindianapolis, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

Dear InBrown5,
Thanks for the great review! I am happy that you enjoyed the hotel and all the ammenities we offer. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Our conference was held in the Hyatt Indianapolis, so it was the logical place to stay. Overall, it was an excellent experience. The hotel provided food for the conference, and it was superb - far above the average catered food at most conferences. Also impressive are the friendliness and efficiency of the staff. My room, a capital-view king, was comfortable, quiet, and clean. Apparently there have been updates since some of the traveler photos were published on Tripadvisor. I found the modern bathroom pleasant and clean. The exercise room is well-equipped and clean. The pool is a bit small, but nice. The hot tub needs some jets repaired. I would stay at this hotel again, and I would recommend it to others. The location provides an easy walk to capital area attractions and bus stops.The habanero (really) hot wings in the bar, with a local craft beer, are worth a trip to Indy any day!

Room Tip: The capital-view king is an excellent room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Thanks dreamerbee for the excellent review!
I appreciate your comments and am glad you got to enjoy our prime location in downtown Indianapolis. Please come see us again soon!

Reviewed September 30, 2013

I stayed at the Hyatt the last 3 days on business and I was impressed with everything except the One South restaurant. The room was very clean and nice size. The view was also nice. Everyone that works there was very helpful and answered any questions I had about the area of downtown.
The only exception was the One South restaurant. Terrible service! I had to ask a cook for creamer because the waitress was to busy! Yesterday, I had to ask a waitress from another area for coffee because my waitress couldn't be found.

Other than the restaurant, it was a fantastic stay!

• Stayed: September 2013
Hyattindindianapolis, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Dear Steve H,
Thanks so much for your recent stay and also for taking the time to write a review. I appreciate your kind words and am glad you were able to enjoy our hotel and all the amenities it has to offer. I have forwarded your comments to our Director of Food and Beverage for follow up regarding your restaurant experience. Please come see us again soon.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

I stayed here at the end of August for a 4 day business trip. The room was clean and the service was fine. It was extremely hot outside during this trip and I really had to crank the AC down to get the room cool. Not a big deal though. It has a convenient downtown location and it was nice to just walk the sky way to the mall. My only concern was that there was nothing in the gym area to sanitize the equipment before or after use and the extra headphones ran out fast (I forgot my own).

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Dear Michigan 323,
Thank you for your recent stay and also for taking the time to write a review. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and all the amenities our hotel has to offer. I have forwarded your comments regarding the fitness center to the appropriate front desk and housekeeping personnel for follow up. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

We stayed here the night prior to our flight to Palo Alto, CA, in March, literally hours before a snow storm. They allowed us to check in a bit early and check out a bit late without charge, which was so very generous. The dining was absolutely wonderful; a much better selection than many hotels. With the hotel adjacent to Circle Centre Mall, everything we needed was at our disposal and without having to go outside! The room was comfortable, clean, and modern. The indoor pool and computer center were much needed and in excellent condition! We will be staying here again during our next overnight stay in Indianapolis.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Dear MarciChilds,
I am happy to hear you had a great stay at the Hyatt Regency Indianapolis! Thank you for your feedback. We look forward to your next visit and welcoming you back to Indianapolis.