“Indianapolis for Fire Dept instructions conference”

Hyatt Regency Indianapolis
Ranked #22 of 180 Hotels in Indianapolis
Poinciana, Florida
“Indianapolis for Fire Dept instructions conference”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Stayed here from 4/25 until 4/28 for the FDIC that was in town all week. I am a vendor/firefighter. I have stayed in this hotel before. It is a great location, just across the street from the convention center and very convient to lots and lots of great eating establishments. My waitress for breakfast each morning was Katelyn and she was great. She remembered what I ordered to drink each morning. The breakfast buffet is great. If you can't find enough to eat then go outstide. The made to order omlet section is out of this world. Room was great, only problem I had was that there was no exhaust fan to take the steam out when you took a shower, but not a major concern. The front desk staff was great. They will even print out our boarding pass for you. Well worth the money.

Room Tip: I was on the 10th floor and had a great view of the side street across from Colts Bar and grille.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
  • Korean first
St. Louis
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Stayed here for a conference. The staff was very friendly. My room was on the 9th floor and close to the elevator but very quiet. The rooms have fridges (mine had an old soda in it, oops) and coffee makers. Modern shower area (no bath in my room) with an attractive sink that splashes water if you turn the water on too high. Really comfortable bed, lots of pillows. Good climate control. Not a lot of channels on the TV.
I really liked the fast glass elevators that overlook the interior. The fitness center has a lot of high-tech machines and overlooks the street and capitol. Level One bar has a good selection of drinks, including some local beers, and a small food menu.
It's right near City Centre, the capitol, museums, restaurants.

St.Paul Mn
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I spent just one night here on 4/17 so I didn't get much of a chance to form an overall impression of the hotel. What I can tell you is that the room was GREAT! It appeared to be newly updated with modern and very appealing decor,It had a large flat screen t.v. The main seating chair was uncharacteristically comfortable for hotel furniture. The room had large floor to ceiling widows with a spectacular view of the city.(Sorry I can't remember the number) The only thing I found wrong was that there was no power to the alarm clock which doubled as dock for your I-pod.But truth be told I'am beginning to think that alarm clocks are becoming obsolete anyway.Personally i don't trust'em and always use my phone anyway.
If I was going to find any fault with the hotel it would be the lobby furniture. While it is very stylish and pleasing to the eye. All of it is less than comfortable.If that's the worst thing someone can say about a hotel then they must be doing a pretty good job.So, at the end of the day I would say that this hotel wears the Hyatt name proudly. I would gladly look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 20, 2013

The room was modern and clean, and the staff was great. What I like most about staying at the Hyatt Indy is it's location. There is so much to do within walking distance. Lots of bars and restaurants. If you are looking for a great hotel in a great location then consider the Hyatt.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
NJ
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I was here for a symposium 2 nights. Speedy checking, speedy elevators (even though we were on 19th floor). Great city views. Good food done by the hotel for our meeting, and all staff from housekeeping to foodservice, to concierge were very friendly. The gym was decent, although crowded, it has everything you need, and SUPER awesome view of the capitol building while doing cardio. There is a rotating enclosed roof top bar. Very nice and great service! Waterfront accessible, and recently gentrified. Highlight of my biz trip was running along the White River - You can run/walk along the canal also. There is a zoo, imax, museums, etc., although I just went running and back to my meeting, all looked really great! Would go back to this hotel if I had another meeting. Great location and great service!

Saginaw, Mi
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I had a business meeting in downtown Indy and booked a night at the Regency. Centrally located from shops, restaurants, and sporting venues I could easily walk from one place to another. I used the valet service to park. In the morning, staff had my bags put right in my car so I could make my meeting for the day. Everyone was real friendly. I had breakfast at the restaurant and enjoyed the buffet. It was delicious and I had my filled. The wait staff did take awhile to get my bill, but it was tolerable. The front desk gave me an umbrella to borrow because forecast had called for rain. I didn't need it because it was sunny but I did appreciate the offer. My night stay was relaxing and comfortable. I also enjoyed the shampoo and conditioner. Remarkably, neither had harsh chemicals!

Indianapolis, INdiana
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Stayed just one night at this beautiful 20-story hotel. This is not a new hotel, but has been updated very nicely with modern bathrooms, duvets on the beds, etc. The beds were VERY comfortable and loaded with great, puffy pillows. We walked easily (and completely inside) to the Convention Center, stopping in the hotel lobby for a Starbucks on the way.
What I didn't like was the darkness of the room...granted I'm mostly just there to sleep, but had a hard time putting makeup on; vanity is so big you're a long way from the mirror and the rest of the room is too dark.

1 Thank MediaKath