“one night stay and all was great.”

Hyatt Regency Indianapolis
Ranked #21 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I spent just one night here on 4/17 so I didn't get much of a chance to form an overall impression of the hotel. What I can tell you is that the room was GREAT! It appeared to be newly updated with modern and very appealing decor,It had a large flat screen t.v. The main seating chair was uncharacteristically comfortable for hotel furniture. The room had large floor to ceiling widows with a spectacular view of the city.(Sorry I can't remember the number) The only thing I found wrong was that there was no power to the alarm clock which doubled as dock for your I-pod.But truth be told I'am beginning to think that alarm clocks are becoming obsolete anyway.Personally i don't trust'em and always use my phone anyway.
If I was going to find any fault with the hotel it would be the lobby furniture. While it is very stylish and pleasing to the eye. All of it is less than comfortable.If that's the worst thing someone can say about a hotel then they must be doing a pretty good job.So, at the end of the day I would say that this hotel wears the Hyatt name proudly. I would gladly look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed April 20, 2013

The room was modern and clean, and the staff was great. What I like most about staying at the Hyatt Indy is it's location. There is so much to do within walking distance. Lots of bars and restaurants. If you are looking for a great hotel in a great location then consider the Hyatt.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I was here for a symposium 2 nights. Speedy checking, speedy elevators (even though we were on 19th floor). Great city views. Good food done by the hotel for our meeting, and all staff from housekeeping to foodservice, to concierge were very friendly. The gym was decent, although crowded, it has everything you need, and SUPER awesome view of the capitol building while doing cardio. There is a rotating enclosed roof top bar. Very nice and great service! Waterfront accessible, and recently gentrified. Highlight of my biz trip was running along the White River - You can run/walk along the canal also. There is a zoo, imax, museums, etc., although I just went running and back to my meeting, all looked really great! Would go back to this hotel if I had another meeting. Great location and great service!

Reviewed April 11, 2013

I had a business meeting in downtown Indy and booked a night at the Regency. Centrally located from shops, restaurants, and sporting venues I could easily walk from one place to another. I used the valet service to park. In the morning, staff had my bags put right in my car so I could make my meeting for the day. Everyone was real friendly. I had breakfast at the restaurant and enjoyed the buffet. It was delicious and I had my filled. The wait staff did take awhile to get my bill, but it was tolerable. The front desk gave me an umbrella to borrow because forecast had called for rain. I didn't need it because it was sunny but I did appreciate the offer. My night stay was relaxing and comfortable. I also enjoyed the shampoo and conditioner. Remarkably, neither had harsh chemicals!

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Stayed just one night at this beautiful 20-story hotel. This is not a new hotel, but has been updated very nicely with modern bathrooms, duvets on the beds, etc. The beds were VERY comfortable and loaded with great, puffy pillows. We walked easily (and completely inside) to the Convention Center, stopping in the hotel lobby for a Starbucks on the way.
What I didn't like was the darkness of the room...granted I'm mostly just there to sleep, but had a hard time putting makeup on; vanity is so big you're a long way from the mirror and the rest of the room is too dark.

1  Thank MediaKath
Reviewed April 8, 2013

They Hyatt had a renovation a few years back, but after staying there for a week in 2010, 2011, 2012, I tried a new hotel with much better service, ambiance and facilities (Conrad downtown).
It seems that the Hyatt gets a bit noisier every year regardless of what floor or room. Not a bad place to stay, but no longer my first choice!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Incredible views located perfectly in Indianapolis. The website stated continental breakfast, but this was not true. Starbucks in hotel and Panera across the street so not too bad. I was here for a conference and staff was very helpful

• Stayed: April 2013