“Lovely remodeled rooms”

Hyatt Regency Indianapolis
Ranked #21 of 186 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I was very pleased with the newly remodeled rooms at The Hyatt Regency downtown Indy. It doesn't look like anything special from the lobby but the rooms are trendy and comfortable. The guy at valet was even nice enough to tell us to ask for the $5 any where cab which only charges $5 to take you any where downtown. Good to know.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Hyattindindianapolis, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Dear nsvetor,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review and for your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated guest rooms and that our valet staff was able to assist you. Please come back and stay with us again soon.

Brian Comes

Write a ReviewReviews (1,860)

Reviewed February 24, 2013

I had reserved this hotel through Hotwire for me and my fiancé for our 5 year anniversary we stayed for two nights. When I reserved the hotel I was told I would b getting a room with two double beds and I asked if I could upgrade to a room with a king size bed because I didn't need two beds and I would pay the difference needless to say no one I talked to wanted to help with that they would just tell me that they can put on there that I want a king bed but it will depend on what they have available when I arrive (I booked a little over a month in advance). When I did arrive to check in the lady that helped me didn't evn seem like she wanted to help me she seemed like she was in a hurry and didn't care what I wanted and when I asked if. They had a room with a king bed I could upgrade to she didn't evn look up if they did she just said "no your going to have to be fine with what you have". So we get our keys and head to our room wich was very nice. Not what I wanted but very clean and nice. When I went to watch television we were only given a few channels to choose from unless we wanted to pay ten dollars to connect to the Internet to get more channels we didn't evn recieve good quality picture it was very grainy and terrible sound the hdmi cable was not evn hooked up and our remote didn't evn work properly. After doing all this we went to the mall wich was really nice that we didn't have to walk out side at all to get to places to shop. But when we were done with shopping we went back to our room to find something to eat we were going to order room service but the prices were outrageous for a grilled chicken club it was going to cost me 13.00 dollars not including a drink or my fiances meal so we went out side the hotel to get food.

The next day we woke up and called down to the front desk to see if we got a complementary breakfast with our stay and they said no we had to pay for our breakfast (every hotel I have stayed at has bad complimentary breakfast except this one) so yet again we had to spend more money going out to get food outside the hotel. After breakfast we wanted to go back to our room and spend the day just relaxing and watching movies. Well we couldn't watch movies because we didn't have a DVD player provided to us and the movies u could rent on the television were 18.00 dollars a movie wich was rediculous. So then we had to go out side the room that we already paid a good amount of money for to find something else to do wich ended up with us spending yet more money. After our day out we came back to the room and decided we wanted to drink a little since it was our anniversary so we looked to see what room service had to offer bad idea todo that because just for a bottle of captain Morgan rum it was going to cost us 145 dollars so we had to leave our room yet again to go get alcohol wich we went to cvs. And paid 20 bucks for the same bottle of captain that the hotel was trying to charge us 145 for.

The day we checked out and started leaving we had to pay 44 dollars to just get out of the parking garage.

I get that things are going to be more exspensive in Indy and that there are going to be a few things that we are t going to like but this was ridiculous.

So overall I was not satisfied with this hotel AT ALL not only was I in a room I didn't evn want but the air conditioning didn't work properly and evn tho we had our privacy sign on the door the employees didn't care house keeping knocked on our door and so did engineering and if they weren't knocking they were calling. I feel like this hotel just wants ur money and doesn't really care about their customers. I will not recommend this hotel to anyone and I deffiently won't be back any time soon.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Akwjpp

Dear Akwijp,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for your recent stay. My apologies for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay as this is not the level of service we strive to provide. We appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Great hotel, great restaurants, great amenities, helpful staff. This venue was ideal for a multi- day convention. Will definitely be back for business. Would be great for a weekend getaway as well! Within walking distance to sporting and shopping.

Dear 440mary14,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a flattering review and for your recent stay at the Hyatt Regency Indianapolis. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we do hope you have the opportunity to come back and stay with us again for a weekend getaway.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Downtown Indianapolis is a great place to visit. Clean with lots of restaurants and things to do.

I had stayed at this Hyatt Regency perhaps 12 years ago, but not since. Well it was worth the trip. Very clean throughout. My room had plainly been renovated in the relatively recent past with beautiful new bathroom fixtures, a Kohler bowl sink and even a rainforest shower. The bed was luxurious and I really liked the motion sensor night lights under the bedside tables.

Special thanks to Meredith and Brittany at the Front Desk as well as to Larry and Kelly in the Regency Club and Courtney at the Level One lounge. They were all great examples of stellar representatives for Hyatt. The General Manager should be proud of recent hires and their training.

Room Tip: Higher floors have zero traffic noise. The lower floors aren't bad, but if you are a light slee...

Dear fcrosby,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to write such a kind review. I will make sure to pass along your kind words to our team. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our recently renovated guest rooms. We hope that you come back and stay with us again soon.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

My kids and I stayed on the 19th floor. The room was spacious and clean. The view was fantastic.

The staff was very accommodating and friendly. When I took my kids to the pool a staff member saw us and offered to get out pool toys.

It was great to be able to walk inside to the mall. There were a variety of restaurants to choose from.

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013

Dear Xanadu07,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review and for your recent stay at the Hyatt Regency Indianapolis. I hope your children enjoyed the pool toys. I am pleased to hear that our staff provided your family with such great service. Please come back and stay with us again soon.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Hotel finds itself in the city centre in an older building with atrium style format. The hotel has been refurbished and the rooms are clean, functional, and well laid out. Gym is modest sized but it works and there is a smallish pool. Starbucks is located in the atrium along with other restaurants and an ATM. Easy access to highways and walking distance to restaurants and stadium.

The differentiator here is the staff who are absolutely lovely. I was commenting on them with colleagues as we had traveled from different regions for a meeting and they all agreed the people were lovely. From the front staff, to the bell boys and car attendants, a truly professional group. Very impressed. Made the hotel a good choice.

Dear Eton1970,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and that our team was so helpful and polite. I hope that you come back to stay with us again soon.

Best Regard,

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Tired after long drive..checked in fairly late..desk clerk was having trouble with their credit card server...sounds bad right? Nope. Susan, our check in person was the most gracious and friendly person I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with at any hotel ever. She continued smiling and apologizing for the trouble and maintaining a professional attitude at all times. Even had my roommate and I laughing with casual conversation. I'm not sure what the Hyatt is paying her but they are getting every pennies worth and a whole bunch more! Thanks for a great experience that could have gone badly considering the circumstances. Susan and the Hyatt rock!

Dear Mike M.

Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review and for your recent stay. I am pleased to hear that Susan was able greet you at check in with authentic hospitality. I will pass along your kind words to Susan. Please come back and stay with us again soon.