“Excellent hotel in downtown Indy”

Hyatt Regency Indianapolis
Ranked #21 of 180 Hotels in Indianapolis
Camarillo, California
“Excellent hotel in downtown Indy”
Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

We stayed just for one night, this hotel is in a great location. The staff was attentive: kudos to Caleb (valet) and Arielle ( check in). Our room had a nice view of the surrounding area. There are a lot of restaurants in the vicinity. The hotel has a Starbucks on the ground floor.

• Stayed October 2012
Hyattindindianapolis, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Indianapolis, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear EllenR61,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review and for your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear that our staff provided such quality hospitality. Please come back and stay with us again soon.

Brian Comes

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
  • Korean first
Frankfort, Illinois
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We traveled to Indy to visit Butler University with our three kids. We loved our room, we loved the food, and we loved the location. Walking distance from everything. Room service was fast and the food was hot and great! The kids had a great time in the pool. We also ate at the Colts Grill across the street. That was a fun experience.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Hyattindindianapolis, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Indianapolis, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Dear BeckyC3399,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a flattering review and for your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated hotel rooms and our prime location. Please come back and stay with us again soon.

Knoxville, TN
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We were in Indianapolis to attend a Colts game, so we could not have asked for a better location - the Hyatt is just 2 blocks from Lucas Oil Stadium and the Colts Grill is just across the street. I liked the modern room design and decor. I didn't like the HVAC system at all. Although we set the thermostat to 65 degrees (as low as we could), the room stayed at 70 degrees and above (even when the outside temp was in the 30s) and never stopped running. Very loud blowing air. We like to sleep in a cool room. We couldn't open a window to get any cool air either. The thermostat doesn't tell you the room temperature, just what it is set to. We tried turning it off, but the room got very stuffy. The valet service was very good, although a little pricey at $30 per night. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The Hyatt shares a huge building with PNC, so the actual entrance to the hotel is hard to find. This part is under construction so maybe they are making it easier for guests to figure out. We will probably try a different hotel when we visit Indy again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear ConDunk,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you were able to enjoy our prime location for the Colts Game. We appreciate your feedback in regards to the HVAC system. This is not the environment we strive to provide. We hope that you will reconsider and come back and stay with us again in the future.

Broomfield, Colorado
Reviewed October 5, 2012

All in all a good stay -- room was clean and hotel was modern-looking, unlike, from what I understand, several of the other hotels in this hotel class in the area.

The Good:

Clean room, nice bed, nice in-room work station for business travelers, excellent service (encountered some really nice people). Great location in downtown Indianapolis, across the street from the mall and within walking distance of several restaurants.

The Bad:

Starbucks closed early -- like 3 or 4 in the afternoon -- I would have liked them to stay open a bit longer so that I could have gotten my latte after 5 when I got back to the hotel.

Drinks were pricey -- 9 bucks for a ok glass of wine.

Short on toilet paper -- had to call the front desk to ask for more.

Internet wasn't great -- had some speed issues that made it difficult to work from the hotel room, but I've read from other reviews that this is typical for this Hyatt.

One morning, housekeeping employees were protesting outside of all four corners of the hotel. A bit of a put-off.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear Kimmiekaz,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for your recent stay with us. I am pleased hear that you enjoyed our recently renovated guest room and our prime location at the center of downtown Indianapolis. I greatly appreciate your feedback as it helps us better serve our guests in the future. Please come back and stay with us again soon.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

A month ago I stayed at the J W Marriott,
but didn't realize how glorious it was until I stayed at the Hyatt.
It took 20 min to get to the valet-the front is all screwed up. Self parking was full (of
course. The reservation number had told me I'd get an upgrade. Nope. They could care less.
I got room service. It doesn't include salt and pepper-so bring your own.
The tub stopper didn't work. I waited and
waited for the guy to come and fix it. Too tired by then but the next morning-guess what -didn't work. Had to be replaced
Now I'm watching RT- a Russian propaganda channel. Please stay somewhere else

2 Thank Jmekjmek
Dear Jmekjmek,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We greatly appreciate your feedback. This is not the quality of experience we wish to provide. I hope that you would give us another try and come back and stay with us again.

Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I stayed here on business. It is a standard Hyatt Hotel with good rooms that are very business friendly. The customer service is good and the place is clean. There are a number of good restaurants in a two block range. I could hear some of the talk in the room next to mine and I didn't like the fact that they didn't send the bill for the night under the door requiring me to have to go thru check out when I left. I would stay there again. The price is also good for the value.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Scott B,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for your recent stay at the Hyatt Regency Indianapolis. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our newly renovated hotel and quality customer service. Thank you for your feedback in regards to your invoice. Please come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

The stay was fine. But $10 for Internet in this age tells me you're only after my money, no matter how nice the staff is. I get that while here I will overpay for food, drinks, valet, bottled water... and I accept that. But when your hotel causes bad data connection on my phone and you want 10 bucks so I can download a free app about visiting Indy so I can plan my day tomorrow, well, you're pretty much jerks.

3 Thank JT1Night
Dear JT1Night,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review - we appreciate your feedback. Our internet pricing is in line with other hotels in Indianapolis. As an alternative, we offer free Wi-Fi in the lobby.