“Location is close to everything downtown.”

Ranked #21 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed May 27, 2012

The two night stay was comfortable and very quiet. I will come back. Enjoyed having a fridge in the room.

• Stayed: May 2012
Hyattindindianapolis, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2012

Dear egotz2fly,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a kind review. It is a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your return visit in the future.

Reviewed May 21, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights . I really enjoyed my stay at the Hyatt . The hotel is located in the heart of downtown Indianapolis . My room had a great view of the city and Was very clean . The hotel staff are very friendly and truly go out of their way to make your stay as comfortable as possible . If you are driving be ready to pay $22 to self park or $30 to valet which I find expensive but that's the average price you'll pay to park in any 4 star hotel in Downtown Indianapolis .

• Stayed: May 2012
Hyattindindianapolis, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2012

Dear Lovetotravel8787,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a flattering review and for choosing to stay at the Hyatt Regency Indianapolis on your last visit to Indianapolis. Our mission is to provide authentic hospitality and it is a pleasure to hear that our staff exceeded your expectations. We hope that you stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed May 16, 2012

We stayed on the concierge level and enjoyed the 20 million dollar renovations ... beautiful decor and furniture. It did take me a minute to figure out the key cards just get tapped on the door lock, not slid through a slot. Would have made a funny youtube video to see me trying to find a way to slide that card through a non existent slot.

We enjoyed the staff ... they were great, very helpful and professional. The concierge lounge was very comfortable and had great food in both the evening and the morning. I mean it this was a great lounge, I've seen quite a few but the spread in this one was top shelf!

You'll like this hotel and the location can't be beat!

Room Tip: Get a high floor for the best view!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear jp_edwards,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Your wonderful comments are very encouraging. We have taken much pride in our newly renovated hotel and it is comforting to hear the new and improved Hyatt Regency Indianapolis has not gone unnoticed. And please be assured, it has taken each one of us a moment to master the new key system. We hope that you come back and stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed May 11, 2012

I was very impressed with the customer service, amenties and the overall staff at this hotel. The rooms were updated and clean. The lobby area is trully a conversation piece. If I travel to Indianapolis again, I would stay at the Hyatt Regency.

Room Tip: Ask to have your room face the the south side.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Hyattindindianapolis, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2012

Dear Donald R,

Thank you for choosing the Hyatt Indianapolis for the American Coating Show and for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review. Every day we strive to provide authentic hospitality and it is a pleasure to hear that this is being accomplished by our employees. We hope that you have an opportunity to come back and visit us in the future.

Reviewed May 8, 2012

I was in Indianapolis for the 2012 mini marathon and I thought the hotel was great. I was in town for 2 nights and really enjoyed my stay. The rooms are spacious and clean and provided a wonderful view of the city (ask for a Capital view room). The only downside to the room was pretty annoying night lights that were motion sensitive, actually very sensitive. A few times just adjusting the covers caused them to turn on. I could have done without those. I used the jacuzzi and pool which were both amazing. It's also close to the convention center, mall, movie theater and a ton of great restaurants. The staff was friendly and I loved the fact that I could self-check in and out and also that I was able print my boarding pass right in the lobby. Level One had a great bar and a good selection of cocktails, beer and wine and the food was really good as well. We also had dinner at Eagles's Nest and it was also very good. The hotel has a Starbuck's in the lobby that normally opens at 6:00am, but the day of the race it was open by 5:30am. I was very grateful for that!

Overall, great place to stay!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Hyattindindianapolis, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2012

Dear Travelinglady01,

Thank you for staying with us while you were participating in the Indianapolis Mini Marathon. It is such a great event and we are thrilled that you were able to utilize our many amenities and services during your visit. We hope to see you back for the 2013 Mini Marathon and look forward to serving you once again.

Reviewed April 30, 2012

I came here for a conference, and enjoyed my stay at the Hyatt. Rooms are clean and fresh, great pillows, and my room had a gorgeous view of the city. Connected to a mall via a sky walk, although you can just cross the street to get there. Walk to great shopping, great restaurants, state buildings, and museums. I am surprised at how much I liked Indianapolis!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business

Dear Ucantrustme,

Thank you for being our guest, and for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I am delighted to see that you found our hotel to be very accommodating and our amenities exceeded your expectations. We encourage you to visit our hotel and great city again.

Reviewed April 30, 2012

This is a great property. Great location to universities, downtown Indy, sport complexes, and the canal. Ask for a room overlooking the capital! Food is great in all restaurants.

Room Tip: ask for a view of the capital!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business

Dear pverda,

Thank you for recently visiting our hotel. We are happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, and noticed some of our great amenities. During your next visit to Indianapolis we invite you back for the same service you recently experienced.