We stayed at the Hyatt for one night, Saturday, 3/17/12 while we were in town for the Supercross race at Lucas Oil Stadium. We arrived early on Saturday (around 2pm) and were promptly greeted and checked in to room 1524. Check in was simple, friendly and efficient.
Room: Newly remodeled with updated furnishings, linens, etc. It was immaculately clean, the safe, keyboard, fridge, ice bucket, were all easy to find. The bed was very comfy and there were plenty of pillows, something that is rare any more. The room is equipped with TV, access to the internet, recycling bins, a fantastic desk/work station, etc. The end of the desk that faced the window had a charging station as part of the desk - hookups and charging for everything from composite cables to USB ports for charging. I travel for business and rarely see this feature - ideal for the business traveler, or those of us who travel with multiple devices.
Bar: Great drink service - friendly bar tender - Patrick was a hoot! We did have to ask/remind the staff that we wanted to order food. Once the order was in it arrived quicker than expected and everyting was excellent (Pep Pizza, Turkey Clubs, Fries and salad). We were able to charge to our room or pay at time of service. We stopped back about 10:30 after the race and enjoyed a few more beverages before heading up to the room. The bar was pretty crowded and service was slow as there were only two bartenders.
Restaurants: Subway, Starbucks and a Pizza/Italian Fast Food place were all open at different hours. Subway had good service and fresh food. The pizza joint wasn't open until the evening and Starbucks was open on Sunday morning but nearly out of pastries by 9:00. There are two additional, more upscale restaurants that we weren't able to try.
Location: This hotel is in an ideal location for pretty much any activity downtown. The city is incredibly clean and very lively. Within a couple blocks walk any direction from the hotel were plenty of dining choices. From Steak n Shake to Ruth Cris and everything in between you would never go hungry! Walk to the stadium/convention center was 10 - 15 minutes, incredibly easy and safe.
Parking: We opted to self park - $22/day. Navigating the garage was a bit of a challenge and it's not easy to get turned around when the garage is full and you hit a dead end. If you're there during peak time I would recommend Valet. The other half of our party did this for $30/day.
Overall, this hotel was a great deal for an event weekend ($128/night booked through a 3rd party site) - having stayed at this hotel I would be willing to pay anywhere between my rate up to $175/$200/night. The only frustrating part of our stay were, as others have mentioned, the elevators. There were a lot of people in this hotel - between some college banquet awards, a wedding, St. Patty's guests and race guests and waiting for an elevator took some time and become increasingly frustrating as people pushed and shoved wanting to get on the next elevator. When there are fewer people, this may not be an issue - but for us it was really the only problem with our stay. We will definitely stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly renovated downtown hotel with a soaring 20 story atrium and vibrant, contemporary decor. 497 renovated guest rooms with high speed Internet access and clean, modern design compliment 25,000 square feet of meeting space with T1 high speed Internet access. Guest rooms feature luxurious bedding, marble bathrooms, large workstation with ample lighting, ergonomic seating, two dual line phones, refrigerators, coffeemakers, irons & boards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Orbitz, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Hyatt Regency Indianapolis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Indianapolis Hotel Indianapolis
- Indianapolis Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Indianapolis