Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Downtown (Union Station)
$89
$259
Omni Severin Hotel(Indianapolis)
$229
  • Restaurant
All reviewstrain cartrain noisereal trainunique hotelhear trainslove trainspullman trainlucas oil stadiumcool hotelvalet parkingwithin walking distanceguest roomscolts gamelight sleeperhot tubhotel roomfront desk staff
Reviewed December 1, 2010

We stay here every year for the Dealer Expo. The rooms are so nice, clean, comfortable, quite and the bedding is delightful. I cannot say one negative thing about this place other than I wish I visited it in the summer time instead of in the dead of Indiana Winter!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
CDKKA, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Downtown (Union Station), responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2010

Good Afternoon,

Just note to thank you for your kind review. I will be sharing your comments with our associates and ownership, it is great to know that we have created very positive memories for you. Great memories are instrumental to our ability to be successful and it is fantastic to know we made them happen for you.

Reviewed November 9, 2010

Room was dirty and cob webs were hanging in corners and in canned lights. Live 'large" spider crawling on bed one night.
Trains were only loud in bathroom but could be issue if you are a light sleeper.

Not a great overall room experience.

Meeting areas were adequate, noise from live train traffic. Very Basic.
Staff was helpful and great location for seeing downtown area. Train car rooms did look interesting and might be cleaner?

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
CDKKA, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Downtown (Union Station), responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2010

Good Afternoon,
I just wanted to take a minute and thank you for your comments and observations. I wish to apologize for our housekeeping mis-steps, I will be sharing this information with our Director of Housekeeping and we will use it in our training of both room attendants and inspectors. As for the spider, please believe me we do monthly preventative control, I am sorry we had one get by us. Our goal is to have our guest leave our hotel with a positive memory and we failed to do that for you, but I am glad that our service was memorable enough to make mention of those that provided help to you. Again I am sorry we let you down, but if ever in Indy again, please give us another chance to create a great memory for you.

Reviewed October 30, 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed here in September. My frist impression...what a weird hotel. It looks more like a warehouse. We arrived and were given a room with a view of the inside of the hotel...more specifically a train. We had no outside window and the room was dark and depressing. As I was unpacking (barefoot) I sat down and felt something soft and frilly with my toe...I looked down...it was a pair of dirty underpants. Gross. At night we were awakened by drunken teenagers running through the halls. The walls were paper thin. The bathroom was dank and depressing like the rest of the hotel. We could have stayed at the Omni or a number of other nice hotels for almost the same price. Don't stay here....find soemthing better for your money!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
CDKKA, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Downtown (Union Station), responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2010

Good Afternoon,

I would like to thank you for your comments, we hope to learn from any and all observations of and about our hotel. The owners of the hotel had a vision when they put this hotel together, they wanted to save and see a historical venue put to the best use possible and not left to decay and go away. The challenges of operating a venue within a venue can be interesting and fun but sometimes we just can't do or have what others do. I am really sorry that you did not enjoy your stay and I apologize for our mis-step in our housekeeping program. I will be sharing your thoughts with the associates and the ownership with true hopes to improve what we can. Again thank you for taking the time to share your feelings about your stay.

Reviewed October 15, 2010

My wife and I love the Crowne Plaza at Union Station. It has a lot of character and is very relaxing. The pool and hot tub are also very relaxing. We highly recommend this hotel. The service is remarkable!

Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple

Good Afternoon,

I just wanted to thank you for your kind comments about our hotel. I will share them with our associates and the ownership. One of our goals is to create great memories and it appears we did just that for you and that makes us very happy. Again thank you for taking the time to let us know your thoughts, come and see us again one day.

Reviewed October 13, 2010

Just stayed at the Crowne Plaza Union Station on business and it has to be the noisiest hotel I've stayed in, and I've been staying in hotels on business since 1987. The hotel is historical and nostalgic as it was, and still is, a working train station. Upon check-in they tell you that trains still run giving a "unique ambience" to the hotel. What they don't tell you is that, in some rooms, the trains sound like they are going right through your sleeping room......midnight, 2 am, 5 am. Then one morning, in addition to the trains, they were working on the tunnels with a jack hammer at 7 am!!

The walls in my room were so thin I could here the people in the next room talking, I could hear their TV and it was louder than the TV in my room, I could hear their shower and even when they opened the closet door and removed a hangar!

I am also a Priority Club member and upon check-out I went to the front desk where club members are supposed to be "priority" and was told there's only one line, get in line.

Not good, especially when you're bringing a meeting of 75 people to the hotel and spending a good deal of money.

However, if you're nostalgic and enjoy historical sights and don't mind the noise then this place is for you!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Mtg-Planner-Trips
CDKKA, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Downtown (Union Station), responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2010

Good Afternoon,
I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your observations and comments, we do try to learn from our guest's many experiences, both good and not so good. I wish to apologize for letting you down and having you leave with a memory such as this. Our owners were and are aware of our challenges with being in an active train station, for some it is what they are looking for and for others it is not. I thought we were doing a good job in our marketing and making our guests aware of the trains when they check in so that if possible we could make adjustments to room location, it appears we have work to do in this area. I am not sure what took place when you were checking but I will share your comments with our guest service manager so that this does not happen to others. Again I am sorry for the poor experience and we will strive to grow with your comments.