“Good downtown hotel with curtious staff”

Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Downtown (Union Station)
Ranked #26 of 180 Hotels in Indianapolis
Cincy
“Good downtown hotel with curtious staff”
Reviewed November 8, 2009

This is an older hotel however it has everything you need. Valet, curtious staff, rest/bar and the location downtown makes it easy for a traveler to walk to just about any place they need. Stayed for a Colts game and the lcoation of the hotel makes for a very easy walk to the stadium.The rooms are large and clean however some items show there date like the TV's - no flat panel; however the area in the Executive lounge has a nice flat panel. All in all a good/safe hotel to stay in!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
  • Korean first
chicago
Reviewed November 8, 2009

We came to Indy for a wedding ( not at the Crowne Plaza). We wanted to stay where there were things to do. And we were not disappointed.

We chose to book a train car and it was wonderful. We had the Rudolph Valentino Car. The bed was great, the bathroom small, but bigger than Amtrak. It was just cozy and perfect. Though I would hope that flat screen TVs are coming.

Since we love trains, we had hoped to see and hear some trains, so I was a little disappointed in that. We did feel a vibration once in awhile. But not seeing the trains in no way detracted from our trip.

We found the whole facility clean and in good repair. The staff was friendly, too.

The Pullman Car was good. We only ate breakfast there, but the prices were fair.

We enjoyed the proximity to St. Elmo's and the other downtown restaurants. And wandering through the old station was so interesting. I thought that the renovation of the property was amazing.

It was a fun weekend, indeed owed in a large part to having the Crowne Plaza, Union Station as our home base.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
CDKKA, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Downtown (Union Station), responded to this review, November 20, 2009
Good Afternoon,

I would like to thank you for you kind comments about our hotel and our city. One of our goals is to create a memory and it looks like we and the city were able to do just that. Your comments will be shared with our staff as they like to hear when we do a good job.

Take Care and we hope to serve you again one day soon.

CDKK
East Tennessee
Reviewed November 3, 2009

My son and I attended our first Colts game in Indy and stayed here. Great location, historic venue, good clean average rooms, computers available and just good unusual hotel that my son really liked. We parked and walked everywhere that we desired to go. We dined at St. Elmo's Steakhouse. Recommend for a good meal and we fit in perfectly after the game with all the other football game attendees. We hope to visit again next season!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed November 1, 2009

I love Crowne Plazas. They usually are above and beyond. That is why I chose a Crowne Plaza in Indianapolis to celebrate my anniversary. We booked a room in the club level. The room was ample sized and well decorated. Our only concern was that the restroom area was extremely small. The club level provides a few extras such as appetizers and drinks in the evening and a continental breakfast on the weekend. These were presented well with friendly staff.

There are unique rooms available at this facility actually on a train car. Because we requested a King sized bed, we weren't able to stay in one of these creatively designed rooms.

The front desk was able to replace my missing toothbrush with no trouble. However, I did request a couple of additional items to which I knew the desk staff had access and was told that these items weren't available. I determined that perhaps the staff was just busy at the time.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
CDKKA, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Downtown (Union Station), responded to this review, November 3, 2009
Good Morning,

Thank you for your kind words and constructive observations. We do strive to please and create positive memories and it appears we almost met those goals. As always, I will share your comments with our staff and we hope to take the final step to excellence the next time you stay with us.
The train car rooms are very special and popular, so when returning, please let us know well in advance so we can let you experience one.

Take Care and Again Thank You for Letting Us Serve You.
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed October 8, 2009

As a birthday treat, we stayed in the Valentino Pullman car, which was a pleasant change of pace from a regualr hotel room. I had read that since it was on an active train track, it could be noisy and bothersome, but we did not find that to be the case at all. the room was very clean and nicely decorated. The hotel staff was courteous and pleasant although I expectd the level of customer service to be a bit higher for A Crown Plaza hotel. My disappointment came when I called the day before our arrrival and asked if the hotel did anything to celebrate a birhtdays such as a balloon, piece of cake.... The cleerk that I spoke with said she had no idea and that maybe I should order something from the restaurant to be delivered when I got there. We did arrive early for our check in and the staff was very nice, checked to see exactly when our room would be ready and provided us with options while we waited. We opted to leave our bags with the Valet and go for a walk. We expected the Valet to offer to take the bags to the room when it was ready but we had to ask for that to be done. We only stayed one night but it was a nice stay and the location is great for most anything that you would want to do downtown. Most everythign is within walking distance!

Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
CDKKA, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Downtown (Union Station), responded to this review, October 13, 2009
Good Morning, Thank you for your comments and we are glad that for the most part you enjoyed our hotel and downtown Indianapolis. We strive to serve and it appears that we were not complete in doing so, I will share your comments both good and questionable with those departments involve and we will strive to do better in your areas of concern.
Macedonia, Ohio
Reviewed October 5, 2009

This was our second visit to this property - both times were to attend Colt football games. Check-in went smoothly both times - when we arrived this visit our room was not ready yet - however we were several hours early - they readied the room quickly and delivered our luggage as soon as the room was available. The stadium is across the street - very easy access and with restaurants, shopping and entertainment all within walking distance , we left our car parked for our entire stay. We stayed in the executive club rooms which are accessable only with a key card - there is a private lounge with computers - big screen TV, and a continental breakfast each morning and snacks each evening from 5 - 8 pm. In addtion we received free drink coupons for the lounge. I have read reviews that the trains are bothersome - while I noticed a slight movement when a train passed by, it definelty was not excessive. The property was well kept and the staff was friendly and helpful for our entire stay. My only complaint is that the breakfast buffet is costly ( 14.95 ) and had limited selections. Ala carte items are also available at a much more reasonable rate. The parking garage is right there with valet parking available - since the price of parking is the same whether you self park or use the valet - we used the valet. If you self park you must pay each time you take your car out. Valet includes limitless in and out.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
CDKKA, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Downtown (Union Station), responded to this review, October 8, 2009
Good Afternoon,
Thank you for your very kind comments, our goal is to create a memory for our guests and it appears that we have done just that for you. We are really happy that you enjoyed your stay and are willing to share it with others. I will share your comments with our staff and I know they would want me to Thank You for them as well. Take Care, the GM
indiana
Reviewed September 17, 2009

Horrible trip, beginning to end. This is suppoed to be a three star plus hotel, but I'd take a Holiday Inn Express over it any day. The front desk clerk charged us DOUBLE for our stay, we booked a king room and got two double beds (which they wouldn't change), and the restaurant leaves a lot to be desired.

If you're going to stay upscale in Indy, skip the Plaza at Union Station.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
CDKKA, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Downtown (Union Station), responded to this review, October 10, 2009
Good Day,
I want to sincerely apologize for your stay. We do strive to please and create good memories, but it appears that we have failed you. If ever in Indianapolis again, please give us another try, I do believe we are better than you experienced and we would like to show you.