If you in town for business and or need some quiet time this is not it.
1. Location is one, but maybe the only big plus for this hotel. Since it has a sky walk to convention center during winter it's s convenient.
2. Noise proofing is close to ZERO. On one side you have trains running all night, with shakes equal to small earth quake, and in the hall ways kids, if there is some sport event in town at the convention center.
3. If you do not have way of using your own Hot Spot device, forget about internet. Or... press the button and go to take a shower, then press another and make yourself some coffee. It's slower than dial up.
4. If you get a room on the upper floor, the elevator is the only way to and out, and those elevators running non-stop when hotel is packed, so there is a wait.
5. Worn out looking.
6. Pillows are so small... Probably for people with really small heads or kids. Ha, ha.
7. Service staff all were awesome.
If you will get one of the train cart rooms, be prepared kids and even adults will be trying to open door to look inside as all will be thinking it's an exhibit and not a hotel room.
According to my experience it will not be a hotel of my choice again. I would not recommend it to people I know.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take a video tour. Listed in the National Register of Historic Places and located in the heart of downtown Indianapolis, the Crowne Plaza Hotel and Conference Center at Historic Union Station is 'housed within America's first Union Station.' Our hotel s downtown Indianapolis location is ideal. We re just steps away from both the Indiana Convention Center & Lucas Oil Stadium, home of the Indianapolis Colts & convenient to Bankers Life, home of the Pacers, Circle Centre Mall, The Indianapolis Zoo & White River Gardens, The Eiteljorg Museum, Indianapolis Motor Speedway & Hall of Fame Museum, NCAA Hall of Champions, The Children s Museum & downtown nightlife. Our Romanesque revival-style hotel features 273 guestrooms, Pullman's Restaurant & Lounge and over 50,000 sq ft of meeting space. We're best known for our 26 authentic Pullman traincar guestrooms named after prominent personalities from the early 1900's. Another popular feature of the hotel is the white fiberglass ghost travelers dressed in period clothing, and still lovingly haunting the premises. Our hotel is still an active train station, which enhances its ambiance and authenticity. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Downtown (Union Station) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Downtown (Union Station) Hotel Indianapolis