Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Downtown (Union Station)
$89
$259
Omni Severin Hotel(Indianapolis)
$229
  • Restaurant
All reviewstrain cartrain noisereal trainunique hotelhear trainslove trainspullman trainlucas oil stadiumcool hotelvalet parkingwithin walking distanceguest roomscolts gamelight sleeperhot tubhotel roomfront desk staff
Reviewed July 18, 2011

This hotel is full of character. They carried out the train motif throughout the hotel and even had train cars for rooms. I would love to try that out the next time we stay. There is an actual train that does run under the hotel so it was a little noisy at about 11:30ish at night but that was the only time we were disturbed by the noise and it ran pretty quickly. The room was very clean and the beds were the most comfortable we have ever slept on in a hotel. We really enjoyed our visit and would love to come back.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
CDKKA, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Downtown (Union Station), responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2011

Good Afternoon,

The gentleman that developed this property had a love of history and a vision to share with others. We the associates and I thank you for you comments, it is always rewarding to know that we have pleased our guests and they have taken the time to let us know how we have done. I will get your comments posted for all to see before the day is over. The concern you mentioned will be shared with the Director of Housekeeping so it can be taken care of.

Reviewed July 18, 2011

We stayed here for two nights in the middle of July.
The staff was friendly on arrival and throughout our stay. I chose this hotel in part due to frequent guest status and in part due to the unique character of the property. Our Priority Club status was acknowledged and the room was upgraded. This was a nice benefit.
The hotel, built out of the old train station, proved to be as interesting as we hoped. The trains do run nearby and they can be heard but after hearing it the first time, it was not a concern.
The room was clean and ready upon arrival. The carpet was a bit dirty from stains but the bed was comfortable and the appointments were very nice. The desk/work area was very useful. The cost was reasonable.
The hotel is adjacent to the convention center and within walking distance of the two sports stadiums. There are numerous other hotels and restaurants in the area - easily within walking distance - as is the City Center Mall. Parking is pricey at $27 per day (valet) or $22 per day self serve (however self serve does not provide in and out privileges). (This was the only drawback I noted during the stay.)
We would certainly stay there again for business and would even consider a trip back with the family as the city was very interesting and there were several museums and entertainment venues that we did not have time to explore on this trip.

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the private section of the hotel as it appears to be quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
CDKKA, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Downtown (Union Station), responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2011

Good Afternoon,

I wanted to take a moment to thank you for your comments, to hear good thing is always motivational. We share all comments with the associates with the hopes to learn and to find the things we miss such as the stain on the carpet. The fresh eyes of our guests will always keep us honest. Again, thank you & we hope to serve you again.

Reviewed July 13, 2011

Hotel has aged. The rooms are clean but need updating. The staff was great and we never heard any trains :)

I would stay here again if I could get discount rate.

Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
CDKKA, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Downtown (Union Station), responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2011

Hello & Thank You for Being Our Guest,

We really appreciate your comments and want you to know they will be shared with the associates and the ownership. We are working on plans that we believe will address the concerns with our age that were mentioned. Please stay in touch, as we hope to make a few announcements in the not to distant future.

Reviewed July 5, 2011

I booked this hotel for a little weekend getaway for my fiance and I. I used Priceline so I got a good price. We arrived 2 hours before check in time and not only were able to get in our room, but also were upgraded to an executive room. It was huge, clean and very nice looking. We were in town for a music festival at Victory Field which is an easy walk from the hotel as is just about anything in your beautiful city. On the morning of our departure we explored the area and the hotel. The railroad cars look like a lot of fun. Maybe next time we'll stay in one of those. Anyway, I just wanted to say that I had read a lot of the negative reviews on here and I found them to be 100% false. Yes, we did hear 1 train in the middle of the night, but it lasted for about 15 seconds and you do warn people that it is an active train station so I really don't know what else they would expect. Thanks for everything. It was a great experience. Big, clean rooms and it was very quiet except for the 1 train.

Room Tip: Parking is expensive ($27), but normal in Indy
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bweber8182
CDKKA, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Downtown (Union Station), responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2011

Good Afternoon,

I just want to take a moment to thank you for your kind comments. I will share them with the associates and ownership, all comments are great to help us grow but some are just great to get because they are motivational and they let us know the good we do, you have accomplished both, we thank you.

Reviewed June 28, 2011

We stayed recently on a Saturday night. We had a train car room (its the reason we came to this hotel), that was on the "noisy" side of the hotel. It was GREAT! I have always loved trains and sleeping in the train car was a lot of fun. The passing trains did wake us up, but that was part of what makes the hotel special.
We checked out the fitness room and it is very nice for a hotel. Newer equipment in good working order and clean.
The bed was very comfortable and the room was clean. We did have a clogged sink when we arrived, but the front desk quickly sent someone to fix it.
The only disappointment to us was the breakfast we had in the restaurant. The omellette was prepared by cooking the egg completely, then adding the filling, folding it over and putting it on a plate. Omellettes should have the filling mixed into the raw egg and then cooked. The eggs my wife had were dry.
We also had lunch at the restaurant which was good and reasonably priced (actually cheaper than the breakfast we had).
We will be back - we will just eat at one of the many other restaurants in the area for breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
CDKKA, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Downtown (Union Station), responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2011

Good Afternoon,

Just a note to thank you for the kind comments. One of our goals is to create good/positive memories and I think we were able to accomplish our goal for you. You are spot on, this hotel is very different and it's challenges such as the trains going through are part of who and what we are. I will share the breakfast comments with the Food & Beverage Director and we will see what we can do. Please do come again one day.