“OK for overnight before early flight”

Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport
Ranked #79 of 188 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed August 3, 2013

We stayed here before our 6 a.m. departure from IND. The shuttle was on time and fine in the morning. Room was clean and quiet. Check in was seamless. Just be aware that the night shuttle to the hotel only runs periodically. It did create quite a bit of a wait for it very late the night of our arrival.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Renee H, Manager at Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are terribly sorry you had to wait when you arrived at the airport. Our shuttle runs every half hour from 5am-2am and then we switch over to pick up on demand.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Loved to stay and park for traveling. The shuttle will take you to airport and pick you up and the staff is very nice and professional, too. Rooms clean and very easy access with a nice indoor pool. This is close to 465 an Interstate 70 so great for sleeping for an early flight. I like the computer area and the huge open area of the Hotel so nice.

Room Tip: I stay on the ground floor on the North East corner less noise from planes and close to fly and park...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Hi,

We are so glad to hear that you enjoy staying with us. We'll be sure to share this with the team at our weekly meeting. Thanks for taking the time to write!

Reviewed July 30, 2013

WE recently stayed at this hotel near the airport on a Saturday night. The location is great for early morning flights. No traffic and easy access off and on the freeway. Just 10 minutes max to the airport. The room was updated, comfortable and very clean.
The bathroom was a little cramped as in most normal hotels. But let me reiterate....it was very clean!

The contemporary lobby area is nice... there is a smell of pool chlorine. It wasn't a problem for us, but may be for some. The pool is in the lobby area...enclosed, thus the chlorine smell. (Thus, my reason for 4 star instead of 5 star rating on atmosphere and ambiance). Did not use the pool or the exercise room.

Were not bothered by any sounds from the airport, as that was a concern after reading some reviews. They did provide the "yellow" foam ear plugs. But didn't not need to use them.

We did not have any meals in the restaurant, so cannot review it. Not much in the area, but f you are in the mood for a little drive...go north on the 475 about 2.5 miles and get off at Rockville road...which is also Highway 36. Head west 7 miles, you'll find a variety of "chain" restaurants, as well as fast food, shopping and movies near Shiloh Crossing.

I have back "issues". Usually soft hotel beds worsen my condition. However these beds were very supportive, firm, yet comfortable. I'd much rather have this type of bed, then sink into "mush".

Just a note on room amenities: There are no microwaves or refrigerators. Do not like coffee makers in the bathroom. Ew. Why hotels do this is a mystery to me.

Something else: our room (door) was located directly across and in the same hallway where the conference rooms (doors) were. Not sure if that would make a difference to anyone. Wasn't a problem for us.

The grounds are "industrial", nothing aesthetic about the area.

Check in was at 3, check out was at 12. Better than many hotels.

The industry has gone to checking in much later...I would call 4 PM check-in's as early evening, not afternoon. And since checking out is earlier, you never really get your full value out of any hotel anymore. Hence, my 4 star rating under the "value" category.

But this hotel gets kudos for their 12 noon check out! I'd like to see the days of 1:00 check in's come back.

We used an online travel site to purchase our rooms. i would definitely rate this hotel as a 4 star overall.
We were very satisfied with our stay.

Room Tip: I do not like to give "excellents", unless I have experienced exceptional quality and or s...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Hello,

We appreciate your very detailed review! We hope that you will stay with us the next time you are in Indy! While we do not have microwaves and refrigerators in all of our rooms we do have them available for guest requests. Thanks again for writing such an informative review of our hotel. We are very happy you had an enjoyable stay.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

For over 20 years I have stayed at this hotel while in town for business and waited on flights and most of the staff was great. This trip, needing to finish up some documents to fax our and the front desk would not allow me to fax out the paper work since I was waiting on a flight and was not a guest at the hotel. Well, 20 year platinum member and have stayed at this hotel for over 100 times over years and this time it was cold and direct on using the fax machine to fax paperwork back to my office on a toll free number. This has ended my IHG stays and Crowne Plaza.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank WorldTraveler19999
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Dear WorldTraveler19999,

Thank you for being a IHG Rewards Club Platinum member and for leaving us a feedback. I truly apologize for the not up to par experience you had during you stay with us. This is definitely not up to our standards and we are constantly working on improving the quality of service provided. Rest assured that I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Nice and clean hotel. Nice pool inside the hotel that is great for children. I used the business center and it had everything I needed to get ready for my meetings. The hotel restaurant had a nice buffet and menu for breakfast. I would stay there again.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Dear Edwinhill01,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. We strive to ensure all of our guests needs are met and we are pleased to know you enjoyed your stay. We are glad that our accommodations and amenities were to your liking and contributed to making your stay that much more comfortable. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to have another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed July 3, 2013

I recently spent two nights at the Crowne Plaza at the end of a week travelling on business in Indiana. The stay was very pleasent and the hotel facilities were modern and clean. The only issue was that the pool was closed for maintainance,

Location is OK - about $20 in a taxi to downtown Indianapolis, 5 minutes by shuttle to the airport and close to the speedway

Room Tip: My room was on 4th floor and was nice. Most rooms seem to have a balcony overlooking a large open sp...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank James M
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We were driving back from NYC, and hadn't decided how far we'd make it before we needed to stop for the night. When we realized that Indianapolis might be a great choice, I looked on my Priceline App to find a place. Priceline had a special buy on a yet to be disclosed 3.5 star hotel in the Indianapolis airport zone, so I decided to give it a shot. $49.99 a night plus taxes and fees. After I paid, I found out it was the Crowne Plaza. Nice, clean, good location right off the highway. Wonderful place to rest for the night. I'm not sure I'd book a vacation here for a week long stay, but certainly a great place for an overnight. Even better at the rate Priceline offered.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family