“Cool hotel, great room but bring ear plugs.”

Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport
Ranked #82 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed February 29, 2012

Check in was great. Hotel has cool architecture with numerous functional meeting and gathering spaces. Property is right next to the airport with shuttle service. The rooms were comfy, clean and modern.

The landing path for the airport is RIGHT OVER the hotel. FedEx planes land every 3 minutes from 11pm until 1am. I am not a light sleeper, and did not find it to be a big issue, but if you don't sleep well with noise plan accordingly.

The restaurant staff was 'blah' but the breakfast was yummy.

I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, ask for a quieter room away from the landing planes (if that is possible...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed February 3, 2012

We had stayed at this property before and were looking forward to a good nights rest before moving on. The bed was great but the six tiny foam pillows were next to useless. The bathroom only had two large towels & face cloths and one bar of soap. The lighting in the bathroom was so poor it was challenging to shave and apply makeup. Everytime the furnance came on during the night I thought another plane was landing at the Indianapolis Airport. This stay may have been our last at this property. On this same trip we stayed at a Holiday Inn Express in Indiana and it had four large bath towels & face cloths and three bars of soap and great lighting in the bathroom.

Room Tip: Look for another location.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Travler1888
Reviewed January 24, 2012

I stay here once a month for business. I always Hotwire it and love everything about it except one thing. I am treated as a second class citizen due to the Hotwire rate. Even though I am a Priority Club member, I'm not given a room on the forth floor which is reserved for PC members. I usually get stuck on a ground floor room facing the parking lot and have car lights shine in my window. I probably could insist on a better room. This is not the only CP that does this when I Hotwire. At some, there will be a USA Today outside every room but mine!!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 18, 2012

Very disappointed to learn the room we had booked was essentially shifted over to another group the hotel wanted to keep together, so although we had three guests in the room, we had only a king bed available. When I had called the night prior to our check-in to confirm the reservation, was informed of the issue w/ our room and asked what could be done and was assured a rollaway would be provided at no extra charge. Of course, upon arrival, our room only had the king bed, and we were informed all the rollaways were already distributed. If you can't accommodate a full hotel, don't fill up your hotel, and if a "reservation" doesn't really mean anything, why even make one? We were offered no discount. Manager referred us to his supervisor who wasn't available all weekend, and hasn't returned any phone calls. Not good customer service!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 15, 2012

We stayed at this hotel with our children and purchased the stay and play Indy package. This was an amazing deal! It included two adult passes and two children passes to the zoo and children's museum, and a one night stay at the hotel.
The room was nice, clean, and quiet. We really enjoyed the indoor pool and hot tub in the atrium. Most indoor pools are in tiny rooms and you feel you are suffocating in chlorine fumes! Not so here.
We did not eat at the hotel as it seemed pricey.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 14, 2012

Stayed here a few nights in Dec 2011 for a conference. It is nice place to stay if you need to be by the airport. Can get noisy at night since planes do fly right over. I am a light sleeper so just turned up the fan and slept okay. The staff were all great and hard to believe, the food was very good for a conference. A lot of good choices. Even the food buffet for lunch before we left was very good. Rooms were okay==clean. It is an interesting building with very nice small meeting rooms. Easy access to downtown on the express way that ends right in front of the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 14, 2012

I stayed here for several nights due to business meetings at the hotel. The staff is friendly and pleasant and seems to work hard. Unfortunately my room had to be changed twice on one evening due to problems. The first problem I encountered was I could not get my room door to open even though it would unlock. The door was physically stuck to the frame and could not be opened even with some force.The second room I received the same evening had a rather large leakage of water over the carpeting from the air conditioner making it impossible to not get your feet wet when walking to the bathroom. The carpet was fully saturated. I received another room.
I did eat breakfast at the hotel restaurant. The buffet is expensive for what you receive. The hotel location is good as it is close and convenient to the airport. The property could use an update or refreshing.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business