“Do not stay here if you need sleep!!!!”

Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport
Ranked #70 of 180 Hotels in Indianapolis
Miami, Florida
“Do not stay here if you need sleep!!!!”
Reviewed July 21, 2011

The hotel is full service, however, the air conditioning in the public areas including restaurant does not work! It was hotter inside the hotel then it was outside! It was like being baked in an oven. The room was set on 60 and I was still hot. The a/c never stopped running all night. Generally speaking I turn off the a/c in most hotels because it is too cold. The other issue was planes buzzing the hotel all night! They do not stop (fedex)! They do not stay there! At least the crews that buzz the hotels stay at the wyndam so clearly they know! The rooms are renovated. The room I ended up in was clean however the first one was not! Staff iis friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank Geekontherun

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed July 18, 2011

Got this property on hotwire. It was a decent place for the price paid. That said...I would never pay their full price for this property. You can tell that they have updated it but there was mold growing in my tile and to me I thought if you had so much invested in the furnishings...it may be a good idea to spray a little tilex. They advertise that their airport shuttle runs every half hour and this is false. I got to the front desk a quater till and then waited a half hour for the shuttle driver who was rather unfreindly to come out of the hotel. I would reccomend if you get a cheap deal on hotwire but thats the only way. Their service was lacking as well as the cleanliness. I WOULD stay here again if I got the same deal on hotwire (which was $52.00).

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed July 17, 2011

I spent a week at the hotel. The rooms are a little outdated. The service was good. The meeting rooms have all been updated, so very nice. Nice excercise room and pool. The lobby areas get a little hot during the day but rooms are nice and cool. The shuttle service to/from airport was also very handy (nice drivers :) ). Overall, I would stay again if on business or passing through. Not a vacation destination.

Room Tip: Stay on the 5th floor and get access to executive lounge.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 11, 2011

We had a great experience at this hotel. Staff were very friendly. The hotel has been recently redecorated. The pool area was very clean with ample seating and fresh towels. Kids had a great time! The rooms were clean and neat. Beds were comfortable. We had dinner at the restaurant which was really great!! Waitstaff was very friendly and food was delicious with huge portions. The restaurant is nicely decorated. The same area has Starbucks coffee in the morning and pastries for sale. Even though thus hotel is by the airport, I never heard one airplane from the pool, lobby, restaurant or our room! I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2011
Moorpark, California
Reviewed July 8, 2011

From the phone call I made the day before confirming a special request to the last person to hold a door for me on the way out, the staff was uniformly cheerful and helpful. The lobby is spacious, modern and very attractive.

Unfortunately I can't say the same about the rest of the experience. The special request I was assured was no problem was not honored (quite the opposite, I got exactly what I said I didn't want.) A broken coffeemaker was not repaired or replaced. Decor is drab, and if you're working at the desk you have nowhere for a room service tray. The restaurant food and service are good, but the menu is very small and geared toward seafood.

The location is convenient to the airport, but there's nothing to walk to if you're looking for somewhere else to go for dinner. At the time of this writing there's quite a bit of road construction, and if I'd had to rely on Internet directions I'd have been lost with the detours and onramp closures.

There are no Gold level Priority Club perks.

I won't give this a thumbs-down because it's perfectly adequate for a night if you need the loyalty program stay, but I wouldn't seek it out.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
East Bend, North Carolina
Reviewed July 8, 2011

I was in town just one night for Haz-Mat Training, but this was beyond my expectations. The place was Grand in deed. Service was top notch. The room was amazing. Tried to watch TV and relax, but somehow it kept wanting me to buy movies. So I just hung out on the Indoor Balcony that each room has. I really loved it, Wish I could have stayed longer. Oh yeah, the Resturant there......Killer! Shuttle service drivers were professional and prompt. It was Wonderful..

Room Tip: Stay on the Companies Dime. LOL
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed July 5, 2011

We stayed here for 26 nights in June 2011 while we waited for a house to close. The hotel is completely refurbished with plush carpets and plush linens. We utilized the free wireless, restaurant, bar, laundry, swimming pool, fitness room and whirlpool. The pool and whirlpool are indoors and the pool is heated. It does occasionally make the lobby smell like chlorine when you first walk in, but you cannot smell it in the rooms. The parking lot is ample and our cars were parked there 26 nights with no problems. There is easy access to I-70 and I-465/I-74. The wireless is really fast and easy to access (no passwords to remember). There are courtesy vans which will take you to the airport or nearby restaurants. There is Denny's, Steak and Shake, Fazoli's, etc. all not far away. Regarding the airplanes, some of the time we would hear them (and see them up close and personal) but they are going so fast, it is over quickly. The staff is friendly and helpful, especially Casey, Corey, Alex, and Mary. We stayed at another hotel across the highway and for my money, this hotel is the best value.

Room Tip: Join the Priority Club for the extra benefits.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple