“Great hotel”

Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport
Ranked #78 of 186 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed July 11, 2011

We had a great experience at this hotel. Staff were very friendly. The hotel has been recently redecorated. The pool area was very clean with ample seating and fresh towels. Kids had a great time! The rooms were clean and neat. Beds were comfortable. We had dinner at the restaurant which was really great!! Waitstaff was very friendly and food was delicious with huge portions. The restaurant is nicely decorated. The same area has Starbucks coffee in the morning and pastries for sale. Even though thus hotel is by the airport, I never heard one airplane from the pool, lobby, restaurant or our room! I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2011

Reviewed July 8, 2011

From the phone call I made the day before confirming a special request to the last person to hold a door for me on the way out, the staff was uniformly cheerful and helpful. The lobby is spacious, modern and very attractive.

Unfortunately I can't say the same about the rest of the experience. The special request I was assured was no problem was not honored (quite the opposite, I got exactly what I said I didn't want.) A broken coffeemaker was not repaired or replaced. Decor is drab, and if you're working at the desk you have nowhere for a room service tray. The restaurant food and service are good, but the menu is very small and geared toward seafood.

The location is convenient to the airport, but there's nothing to walk to if you're looking for somewhere else to go for dinner. At the time of this writing there's quite a bit of road construction, and if I'd had to rely on Internet directions I'd have been lost with the detours and onramp closures.

There are no Gold level Priority Club perks.

I won't give this a thumbs-down because it's perfectly adequate for a night if you need the loyalty program stay, but I wouldn't seek it out.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 8, 2011

I was in town just one night for Haz-Mat Training, but this was beyond my expectations. The place was Grand in deed. Service was top notch. The room was amazing. Tried to watch TV and relax, but somehow it kept wanting me to buy movies. So I just hung out on the Indoor Balcony that each room has. I really loved it, Wish I could have stayed longer. Oh yeah, the Resturant there......Killer! Shuttle service drivers were professional and prompt. It was Wonderful..

Room Tip: Stay on the Companies Dime. LOL
Reviewed July 5, 2011

We stayed here for 26 nights in June 2011 while we waited for a house to close. The hotel is completely refurbished with plush carpets and plush linens. We utilized the free wireless, restaurant, bar, laundry, swimming pool, fitness room and whirlpool. The pool and whirlpool are indoors and the pool is heated. It does occasionally make the lobby smell like chlorine when you first walk in, but you cannot smell it in the rooms. The parking lot is ample and our cars were parked there 26 nights with no problems. There is easy access to I-70 and I-465/I-74. The wireless is really fast and easy to access (no passwords to remember). There are courtesy vans which will take you to the airport or nearby restaurants. There is Denny's, Steak and Shake, Fazoli's, etc. all not far away. Regarding the airplanes, some of the time we would hear them (and see them up close and personal) but they are going so fast, it is over quickly. The staff is friendly and helpful, especially Casey, Corey, Alex, and Mary. We stayed at another hotel across the highway and for my money, this hotel is the best value.

Room Tip: Join the Priority Club for the extra benefits.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 19, 2011

Clean, updated rooms with updated appointments. Staff was incredible and very friendly. Elizabeth in the restaurant/lounge is great. She makes you feel very welcome.

Room Tip: Try to get one of the rooms with a balcony.
Reviewed June 19, 2011

I attended a meeting at this hotel and found it to be great. My guestroom was very comfortable, great wireless internet speed, and the bed was very comfortable. The staff was professional and friendly, and really seemed to care about the guests of the hotel.

The food at all breaks and meals was exceptional. All other elements of the meeting went very well too.

Reviewed June 13, 2011

Stayed here with my extended family, several adults and teens. We enjoyed the large pool and hot tub (which was difficult to find without any signs but easy to smell because it's sunken into the lobby). They let our family stay in the pool area longer than it was open. We weren't causing any problems though, so we were grateful for the staff leaving us alone.

The rooms were nicely appointed and decorated. The beds weren't as comfortable as some places that I have stayed, but they provided lots of blankets and pillow choices, which is nice. The curtains weren't darkening enough for the room, and you could hear planes every once in awhile being next door to the airport. Overall a very nice hotel at a very nice price made it perfect for catching up with extended family.

On a side note, Indiana has funny liquor laws so beware of staying so far from happening downtown Indy on a Sunday and trying to purchase cash and carry alcohol for your room. It can't be done. Thankfully the Crowne Plaza has a nice bar that was open to take our money.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family